Crying

Options
So, this guy I have been semi dating (or something like that) just called me. He screams my name and then I hear in the background his roommate scream "Hey, is that the fat girl you're talking to". It really tore me apart. Yeah, I was fat, and yes I have more weight to lose, but the comment cut me to the core. Perhaps, I am too sensitive, words can hurt so bad.

Replies

• LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    *hugs* I'm sorry you had to hear that...Guys can be jerks (not all but alot)
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*. He was probably messing with the guy anyway. Please don't take it too personal. It was meant as a joke to demean your bf. To bring him down. You understand?
  • Saharali
    Options
    HI Natalie,
    what a jerk?!
    You're so pretty! and so not fat.
    Focus on your good points so the bad ones don't bring you down and away from you goals.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a jerk. I'm sorry that happened to you. :(( -hugs-
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    So, this guy I have been semi dating (or something like that) just called me. He screams my name and then I hear in the background his roommate scream "Hey, is that the fat girl you're talking to". It really tore me apart. Yeah, I was fat, and yes I have more weight to lose, but the comment cut me to the core. Perhaps, I am too sensitive, words can hurt so bad.

What a jerk ... your picture is absolutely beautiful.
    I would bet you are beautiful on the inside too ... HUGS... people suck sometimes!
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    Umm, your drop dead gorgeous!!! his room mate WISHES he could get someone like you!!!!
  • HealthyHereICome
    Options
    I just looked at your photos and you are SO not fat!! You're gorgeous!! I agree that the guy in the background was just messing with the guy you're dating. He probably doesn't even know what you look like and was just playing around. That being said, if the guy you're dating didn't stick up for you, forget him!
  • classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Aww hun, from the looks of your pics you are GORGEOUS and not fat in the least bit!! How did the guy ur dating react when his roommate said that? Guys are stupid sometimes. I'd tell them both to kick rocks and go find yourself someone that can see how much you rock!!!
  • jasminebaggins
    jasminebaggins Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That guy most likely has issues that have nothing to do with you.

I'm sorry though.
  • karahauge
    Options
    Don't be sad and hurt!!!! Get mad!!!! Take it out on your tredmill, eliptical, or weights... and in a couple of months when you 'accidentialy' run into him you can cherrish that look on his face when he sees how hot you look!!!!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    What an *kitten*. He was probably messing with the guy anyway. Please don't take it too personal. It was meant as a joke to demean your bf. To bring him down. You understand?

This is the first thing I thought...This was meant as a jerk messing with a jerk. He was trying to not only demean your boyfriend but also make your boyfriend look like an *kitten*. Which he succeeded. However, the guy you are dating should not be hanging around with creeps like that. You are GORGEOUS! That whole phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me?" Bologna. But don't give the jerk any power. Its not true so don't focus on it. You are beautiful and that moron obviously should feel lucky he's dating you. :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    YES you are being to sensitive!!! By looking at your profile pics, you are FAR from being fat, in fact you are BEAUTIFUL!! The jerk will one day have a fat wife and make him eat his own words!!!:laugh: Chin up and remind yourself how far you have come in your young life!!! I have two sons who are in their mid and later twenties who I know would say you are HOT!!! Smile and be nice to yourself!!!
  • TealStar13
    Options
    You're not fat you look pretty awesome in your pictures! Don't worry about what some loser said.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You are all very kind. but his roommate used to date my old roommate a couple of years ago. At that time I was 35 pounds heavier and fat. He never liked me and has always been rude to me. I know hes just another jerk, but it still is so incredibly painful. Oh, and after he said it his current girlfriend laughed.

I pledge never to use my words as a sword. I NEVER want to make others feel the same way this guy (and many others) have made me felt.

I
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful girl and do not let that jerk get to you......You are absolutely beautiful, his friend only wishes he could date someone as pretty as you:) Hang in there!!:)
  • bedazzledmom
    Options
    What an jerk! This roommate likely does NOT have a girl of his own.......wonder why?!!!:laugh:
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    GIRL, YOU ARE TEENY TINY!! So I'm thinking this guy doesn't even know what you look like! So don't even think about what you heard some dumbass say. He probably just has a small penis and feels bad about it so he tries to bring down ANYONE that he can :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But seriously, you are so gorgeous and slim! And you really shouldn't even need anyone else to tell you that ;):flowerforyou:

Own what you've got!!
  • idreamofheaven
    Options
    You are definitely not "too sensitive". That was mean and VERY immature. And not true! To echo the shared sentiment, you are gorgeous! It's hard to not let comments like that bother you though. hang in there!
  • KimBledsoe
    Options
    Natalie,

You are a very pretty young lady. The guy that you're semi-dating is a jerk for not setting his friend straight. I'd tell him to go kick rocks! You're much to pretty to have some silly guy bringing you down. I'm sure there's someone out there that will love you just the way you are and then some! Cheer up girl!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    you are absolutely beautiful. and words can hurt, worse than the sticks and stones. dont let that jerk have that much power over you. i agree, take that frustration out on the treadmill, and i hope at least the guy stuck up for you. definitely get rid of him if he didn't. i hope you feel better and again, you are beautiful:flowerforyou: