What time should I not eat after?

I've heard before that it's bad to eat past 9pm and I've heard 8pm and 7pm and even 4pm. I'm not sure what the actual best time to stop eating is. Does it even matter at all? It's 7:40 pm here right now and I just ate two rice cakes with hummus and I'm planning on not eating anymore today

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Don't eat once you're asleep. Other than that, timing does not matter.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I've heard before that it's bad to eat past 9pm and I've heard 8pm and 7pm and even 4pm. I'm not sure what the actual best time to stop eating is. Does it even matter at all? It's 7:40 pm here right now and I just ate two rice cakes with hummus and I'm planning on not eating anymore today

The time where choking is liable to kill you because you are asleep and eating at the same time.

Meal timing and frequency has nothing to do with weight loss. So eat when you want to and don't listen to any of that BS.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Does not matter
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Eat whenever you want to, it makes no difference. Just stick to your calorie goals
  • your body doesn't know time. but with that being said - eating a heavy meal right before bed time is perhaps not the best idea either...) maybe a snack or something..
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    There's only one situation where meal time matters.

k1wfpx.jpg
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    what everyone else said---as far as weight loss is concerned it does not matter. eat when you want to.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member

k1wfpx.jpg

This right here needs to be stickied at the top of the forums.
    well done! :flowerforyou:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Ive done it all, dont eat before you fall asleep. the further away from bedtime the better. I used to do that and drop 2 or 3 lbs aweek compared to 1 or 2 lbs a month if i ate when ever
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

k1wfpx.jpg

Perfect answer is perfect.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Don't eat once you're asleep. Other than that, timing does not matter.

This^
  • I don't eat after 8pm but that's only because I am on medication for high cholesterol (it's a genetic family thing)
  • anasazirose
    anasazirose Posts: 4 Member
    i think when your body is at rest it should be able to rest and not actively be digesting food. i aim for not eating anything 4 hours befor bedtime.... whether bed time is 7 or 10, just stop eating 4 hours before. on days when i've had long days at work, i generally am still able to stop eating 2 hours before bedtime. i also dont want to feel like food is fair game 24 7. that contributed to me being on this site in the first place.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    I regularly (2-3 times a week) eat dinner after 9:30pm due to my schedule. That works out to about an hour before I go to sleep. That has started within the last 6 months or so. You may find you sleep better if you haven't eaten close to bedtime, but I haven't noticed any adverse effects on my weight loss. I'm still losing at the rate I was before.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    at Exactly 18:36 Monday to Friday or 17:09 at weekends [/WTF?]
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    The only reason this would work for some people is if they have problems with midnight binging (as I used to). I set a time restriction on myself because I would eat my calorie allotment for the day and then binge on random crap in the middle of the night. Once I got over that, I gave up the time restriction.

The only thing I do now is avoid dairy or eating too heavy a few hours before bed because it doesn't sit well with me. Otherwise, it's all good.
  • There's only one situation where meal time matters.

k1wfpx.jpg
    Damn straight!
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    u can eat at any time just not to heavy meal b4 u go to bed
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member

k1wfpx.jpg

QFT and cause it made me giggle.
    The only reason to avoid evening eating is if it is a trigger for mindless eating for you. Physically, it makes no difference
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    It doesn't matter...I eat my full dinner which is one of my larger meals of the day at 8:30/9:00 PM and then go to bed shortly after. Some people have issues with digestion when they eat late...I don't...if you don't, it doesn't matter. You don't suddenly stop burning calories just because you are sleeping....your body burns energy (calories) 24/7.