Anyone play guitar?

Options
It's my passion and would like to meet fellow musicisans!

Replies

• wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    I do, just for fun. Mostly old hair band stuff. lol
  • BigDaddyD72
    BigDaddyD72 Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Playing in cover bands I learn (in my head) the guitar parts to know my counts and cues
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Does air guitar count?

large.gif
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    yes. I play in a duo. I mainly play rhythm stuff on an acoustic and sing, while my friend plays acoustic and electric and will play riffs, fills and leads.
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I own a guitar (Well, Two actually) :embarassed: .. Does that count?

Cant play them to save my life :sad:
  • RACGuitar
    RACGuitar Posts: 9
    Options
    One of my motivations is to look good on stage haha! I play in my school pit band for the show choir, I plan to go on to be a music teacher! Music is such a therapy and I'm now using it to heal my emotional instabilities instead of resulting to food :happy:
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Just harp here.... but since I never find other harp players, can I hang out with you guys?
  • RACGuitar
    Options
    I've always wanted to played harp! I'm a gamer and zelda being one of my favorites it's always been a dream to play Fairy Fountain (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHiYTYkqWCE) but harps are so damn expensive, aren't they? :ohwell:
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options
    Yep. They really really are.... but you can rent them for a reasonable amount if you want to try it out!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm learning. I've got an Art & Lutherie acoustic and a Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet that I lurrrrrrrve!
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've been playing for about six years, but I think my natural talent is gonna be rhythm guitar, because I like singing more than playing and I can't finger pick to save my life. My favorite brand is Washburn, but I started on Taylor. Acoustic is my preference, but eventually I'd like to learn electric - I feel like I've gotta figure out the finger picking thing first, though.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've been learning bass for about a year.
  • RACGuitar
    Options
    Yep. They really really are.... but you can rent them for a reasonable amount if you want to try it out!
    I was also thinking about getting a small like 10-12 string one just to fool around on haha (:
  • earthmen12
    earthmen12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I play guitar. I have been playing for a long time, 24 years...I have too many guitars, and I can't seem to have the heart to sell any of them. I write and record music as well.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options
    I was also thinking about getting a small like 10-12 string one just to fool around on haha (:

The only thing about those little itty bitty harps is that each string is all you get, notewise. Unless it has sharping levers and then you'll get the sharps of each string too. So at most, you've got an octave and a half with twelve strings. It's not like guitar where you can play different notes off of the same string - it's more like a piano.
  • RACGuitar
    Options
    True, id probably have to stick to a C Major/A Minor, but it's better than nothing to get me started haha
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I take lessons, but not every good. I just wanted to learn just for the heck of it. My husband can figure out how to play a song just by messing around with a guitar till it sounds right. He plays piano by ear as well and drums.
  • JD2006
    JD2006 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I play! Acoustic driven music is my absolute fave. I learned from watching and listening to my dad, who played guitar and harmonica for as long as I can remember. I took a few lessons as well, but mainly picked it up by ear. I also play piano...just havent practiced in a while!
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yip!
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ahah, I don't think I really count as "playing," yet. I just picked it up a month ago. It is my summer ambition to get to a place where I can play a couple songs, though! I really enjoy it, even if I can't fully play anything yet, it's really therapeutic to just strum and work on some mellow chords!