What is the best thing about being in maintenance?

Options
Getting together a list to keep motivated!

For me one of the best things about being in maintenance and being a healthy weight is getting dressed. Nothing in the closet is too tight and some of them are too big!

Replies

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet but the thing I look forward to the most is lifting not on a deficit.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    More cookies
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Staying awesome! :drinker:
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    More food.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I was on maintenance for about 9 months and I felt I had a lot more options in my life that didn't have food as a issue with it. Now I've decided to lose 5 more pounds to reduce my body fat percentage and I set up my daily food goal to lose a half-pound a week - I think that's a result of maintenance as well because I'm not so frantic about my weight loss goal.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    More food, by FAR.

While trying to lose weight, I never said NO to any type of food but now I can eat more of it. ;-)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit maitenance calories yet but I am working my way there.

So far since I hit maitenance what I have found is the following:

My lifts are better
    I have more room for "fun" food...for example this weekend my nephews party...subway and drinks were no issue.
    I am getting in more "carbs" ie starches..I ate them before but they were limited.

However my food choices haven't changed nor have the quantities. So that does leave more room for things like ice cream, popcorn, beer etc.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    It's so do-able! As long as I continue to eat a healthy diet, watch portion sizes, and exercise 90% of the time, the other 10% of the time (restaurant meals out, dinners with friends, ice cream trips) will not and cannot derail my train. As long as I check-in periodically that I still am my now smaller size/weight. it's all good!
  • beckyhoo
    beckyhoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Eating more obviously. But also, just being comfortable in my own skin.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Exercising for the fun of it.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    dresses:)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Get to eat more food
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Knowing when I pull those pants out of the closet, they will fit! Oh and defiantly more food.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It has been fun finding new goals to reach. I am getting ready to sign up for my first 5k....as in ever. Trying to decide whether to be scared or excited. :laugh:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I had forgotten how pleasant it felt to be looked at. And just feeling GOOD again.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have a found more pounds to go but nearly there. I look forward to feeling normal, clothes shopping, feeling great in my own skin. Working out on a full cals too - and earning some to eat back too :blushing:
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    BEER
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Eating back all my exercise calories definitely. Also, going shopping for clothes and having pretty much everything fit and look good. Last week I was able to relax on my diet on vacation and went over on calories for a few days in a row; then stayed under in calories this week, and I'm back at the bottom of my range. It's a relief to know I was able to get back on track.
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Eating more, and knowing that I won't have to get rid of any more clothes because they are too big. I can now shop and know I will be able to keep the item of clothing for a long time!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    SHOPPING!!! :love:

During weight loss mode, I didn't want to buy clothes I was going to shrink out of. Now I shop with abandon and can spend a little more per item because I know I'll be able to wear it for a good long time thus reducing the cost per wear. I am enjoying my new wardrobe so much that I stay motivated to KEEP it.