What do you guys think of cup a soups?!

Options
2»

Replies

• mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Too much sodium for me. I will spend a day making three different homemade soups and put them in the freezer all measured out for me. I eat 1.5 cups of soup a day with a piece of fruit. I need the variety. I will add brown rice, spinach, kale. You can make them more colorful and flavorful. Add what you like. The recipe builder on here can be a pain, but it is so worth it for me. Just be careful if your recipe asks for a can or this or that. You get out that can opener and the sodium content jumps. If you can add a fresh ingredient instead it really helps. Good luck!
  • dbendelow
    dbendelow Posts: 27
    Options
    I love cuppa soups and they are so handy for lunch @ work. i usually have a cuppa soup with a couple of ryvita and low fat soft cheese maybe with sliced tomatoes or cucumber on top for lunch. i think of this as healthy eating but have often acknowledged the fact that cuppa soups dont really hold any nutritional sustainance and as said a number of times throughout this post homemade soups are much better but it all comes down to convenience and cost. i guess cuppa soups are the healthy option compared to say "fish & chips" :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Way too high in sodium, too many ingredients you can't pronounce, ect. Absolutely no nutritional value.

Better off making your own soups and bringing it with you to work/school/on the go/ect.
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I had Lipton soup last night and my sodium for yesterday was way over. I was up 2 lbs. this morning which is what I expected.
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    In normal life, I would avoid them like the plague. Way too much sodium. The only time they are useful is on backpacking trips. After a long day of hiking, they are delicious, quick, warm calories.