What real women look like!

Options
A while ago, I was curious to see what I might look like at certain weight ratios and ended up stumbling across this website called www.mybodygallery.com. In the search engine, it lets you search at a specific height, weight range of 10's (for example 160-169), age, and body type if you prefer. Then it will show you a gallery of pictures of women that are within those specifications. I think it's helping me in choosing my goal weight, considering how I carry my weight and what some of these women look at my body type. I encourage other women to check it out! You won't be sorry :) I just don't want people setting initial goals at an extremely low weight when they really might not have to if they are comfortable at a higher weight!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Are they wearing lingerie and clear heels?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    In for the "real women" sh**storm that is probably coming.

+1
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I thought if you had two X chromosomes you were a real woman?
  • Short_n_Plump
    Options

+1
    +2
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    that's a cool site. Thanks!
  • BlackRose101
    BlackRose101 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'll provide.

Anybody that is a woman is real woman. No matter if they're a VS model, short/tall, thin/overweight/obese, heavily freckled, old, young, pasty, dark.

Being a woman makes you a real woman. Our insecurities do not make somebody else less of a woman.

But, in response to the OP's actual post, I love that site and use it all the time!!
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    *Pulls up a chair!*
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I thought if you had two X chromosomes you were a real woman?

You just offended transgendered people.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Ya'll that are *****ing did you read what she wrote, did you check out the link. IF not Shut up.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

+1

In this case, "real women" is appropriate, considering that the OP is talking about photos of actual women.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

I think it's really great that people are more openly being supportive of one another in terms everyone not needing to look a certain way to be considered beautiful. That's amazing, really.

However, I do have a problem when people use the term "real." Please don't get me wrong, though. I'm not trying to bash OP or that site, I'm just stating my opinion on how this term is thrown around in general.

Just because someone like Candace Swanepoel is a Victoria's Secret model, that doesn't mean that she's not a real person with her own insecurities and a wide-range of emotions. It doesn't mean that she doesn't bust her *kitten* to look that way.

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% in favour of this whole "be proud of yourself and your body" movement, but I think it's unfair that whenever something like this happens, there is always a whole subset of people that are neglected and pushed aside as being "fake" or "*****es" just because they're a lot more toned than the average woman. I think that's real ****, to be honest.

We would all get so much farther in life as a gender if we would all support one another, instead of bashing the group of people that you don't fit into.
  • BlackRose101
    BlackRose101 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ya'll that are *****ing did you read what she wrote, did you check out the link. IF not Shut up.

it's trolling :P no worries. It will go on for 10 or so pages and then the trolling will quietly calm down. :P
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    This is going to be interesting.

Barney-D-barney-stinson-23611236-500-214.gif
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

this. read the post. check the link. move on.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I might have to check that out. I don't really care about the number I end up with. I care about being healthy and feeling good in my own skin.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

it's trolling :P no worries. It will go on for 10 or so pages and then the trolling will quietly calm down. :P

Trolling: you don't know what it means
  • ROBINSTL67
    ROBINSTL67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm taking "real women" in this case to mean "not Photoshopped". Not an argument that a particular body type is the only acceptable one.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I think that it is about the tone of the title...

Is she saying "What REAL WOMEN look like...."

or

"What real women LOOK like....."

Jerry-Seinfeld-is-Left-Handed.jpg