Working Moms?

Options
13»

Replies

• dpahman
    Options
    This is actually my first post here. I've been on MFP for not quite 2 months & just started working. I'm married & a mom of 4 kids. I work full time 3rd shift. Please feel free to add me, I could use the support & would love to get to know others who understand how hard it can be.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Working mumma here! I have a one year old and work full time. I lift and run in the evenings when bubs is in bed

:flowerforyou:
  • Mmiles24
    Mmiles24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :smile: Me too. Working with long commute to work. I'm a healthclub member where my 9yr old can participate in the vast activities for kids. I get home late and its hard to go home, eat (gotta eat healthy home cooked meals) and have time to work out. Let's help each other!
    Working mumma here! I have a one year old and work full time. I lift and run in the evenings when bubs is in bed

:flowerforyou:
  • twinsmom1117
    twinsmom1117 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I am married, have 4 year old twins, work 45-50 hours/week at a demanding job and frankly I am tired!!! I have a ton of workout DVD's and every week I swear I am going to get up at 4am and work out...and then I don't. I seriously have good intentions but I am so tired when my alarm goes off that I keep hitting snooze until I have to get up or risk being late for work. I am going to try and start walking on my lunches...I have to do something to get this weight off. BTW, I need to lose 40-50 lbs and need all the help and motivation I can get :-)
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Young working mom over here. I'm 20 years old with a 3 year old son. Part time student. it's tough but we gotta do what we gotta do to be fit and healthy for our kiddos. Add me Ladies :-)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm a 41yo single working mom of 3.... My oldest recently moved out, but I still have the 19yo and the 2yo at home, and it is most definitely a challenge! Feel free to add me.... the more support the better!
  • eemitchell1984
    eemitchell1984 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Full time single mom, also work full time. I'm gone 12 hrs a day due to a crazy commute. I have to try to get jogs in on my lunch break. My son is six and by the time I'm home with him, its homework, dinner, bath, and bed. I'm still trying to figure out how to make time to work out in the evening.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    yup, full time working mom of 2 boys ages 7 1/2 and 10. Hubby works 24hr shifts. Between work, kids, house and cottage, hobbies I neglect, there is little time left for me. I too don't have the budget or time to go to a gym - closest gym is a 15 + minute drive. I used to belong to a gym before kiddos and loved it. Now what I have found works - although not my fav - is getting up early or doing it before I start my work day. Evening are too hectic and I am too tired. I have different workout DVDs or will run/walk/bike. I found taking the kids biking in the evening is a good option too. The hardest thing for me is being consistent. Friend request sent. I am on daily. :flowerforyou:
  • MsLaTisha83
    MsLaTisha83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am 30 (31 next month) with 3 kids ages 12, 11, and 8. I also work full time with an hour commute to and from work.
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Single mom (3 1/2 year old daughter), working 45+ hrs/week here. On average I get up at 4am on weekdays just to try to fit in everything that needs to be done...but if I won't do it, who will?
  • JacqueJo
    JacqueJo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I absolutely hear you! Working mom, wife, and doctoral student. Never enough time in the day!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Single mom, full time job, part time job, I have 1 10 year old girl. I fit in a lot of workouts.

Add me!
  • karenkomorowski
    Options
    Add me if you would like! I have a 3 year old and a 20 month old. I get up at 4:45 to get in 25 mins. I leave for work at 6:20am and I'm NOT a night person. I didn't read through all the posts but my thought it to try to get the most bang for your time - I'm doing T25 and it's a GREAT hard work out in only 25 mins. Also, my husband watches the boys on the weekends so I can get a run in. Best of luck to you - it's hard with kids but SO worth it.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Right here! Full time working married mom of 1, looking to work on baby number 2 in the next year or so. :)
  • Meneorama
    Meneorama Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am another working mom... university professor, I love my work and it is quite demandant. I have two children (boy 7, girl 5)... and love juicing for me and my family... I try to wake up at 5.00 to exercise... 30 day shred o to run in a nerby park. I recently become 40 years old... so i want deeply to lose 12 kg. Fell free to add me :)
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    I go through this too!! I work at a psyche hospital, run a business and am a single mom! Seems like there aren't enough hours in the day!! If money is tight and you can't afford the gym, go on YouTube! I found Insanity videos there and get my workouts done in my living room after my son goes to bed a lot!!

Also anyone can feel free to "friend" me! Us moms have to stick together! :-)