What real women look like!

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have always enjoyed that site. It's really interesting.

"real women" as a term can make people shudder on here lol. Let's see what's up before attacking!
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I like this one too: http://www.modelmydiet.com/

But it's more of a virtual simulator, rather than photos of real women. Still cool to see though, and to use as an estimate to help you figure a good goal weight.

Also, gotta love all the people who are so anxious to find some drama and jump on the "in for the comments" bandwagon. Actually reading the post & the website referenced might actually be a good idea before responding.... "Real women" in this sense refers to photos of actual people, rather than something like the link I posted, where it's virtual. I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    This is the message that I get all the time when I enter my stats. It seems that in order to get an idea of how a "real woman look like," you have to fit certain criteria. My stats and age don't make me a real woman, just a very special and old snow flake.

No, I am not uploading my picture in the internet.

Not all images are tagged with an age, so age filtering may return inaccurate results.
    No Results Returned
    We don't yet have any pictures that match your search criteria. Please help us develop the Body Gallery project by uploading your photo here! To increase the number of images that appear in your search, try leaving some of the search options set to "Any." Thanks for your patience as we build our database.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    It was neat to see what the average women looked like at my goal but then I searched my current stats and I baby barfed in my mouth :frown:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    In for the pointless squabbling!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    There's men, transwomen, etc. all on that site. It's literally, "These are people. This is what they look like."

I've got my own issues with the site (re: women putting themselves as shapes they may not be, the emphasis on a certain set of body types that don't apply to everyone, clear sufferers of EDs posting pictures, etc... all of which, I know, can be fine, but personally turns me off).

Otherwise, it certainly can be helpful to see just how different weights look at the same height based on body, LBM, etc. Hell, I just took the "Body Image Quiz" and got 0 or 3 right; definitely an eye-opener.

But really--are some seriously baiting a controversial topic in this thread?
  • FitWifey79
    FitWifey79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ahahahaha! People will get all huffy over anything. Great site thanks for the share!
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    In for the pointless squabbling!

This isn't me trying to pick a fight but I'd really just like to point out that people never say "squabbling" when they're referring to men arguing.

Squabbling is purely a term used for females being a bit argumentative. You know what the definition of squabbling is?

quarrel noisily over a trivial matter.

Women's body issues are not trivial.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Before commenting people should look at the link and apply thinking skills.

People dislike the term real woman when it means: This body type is more real than this other body type. Or when it involves dehumanizing women and insulting them (calling them bags of bones with skin and hair).

The web site is very different. This is actually real women posting photos of their stats and bodies. They have sites like this for breasts. They have sites like this for mothers. And there is this site.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    It actually is a cool site. The "real women" wording in the title is a bit off since we all are real women no matter what size we are; however, the point the OP is making is excellent for those of us who may struggle with what appears in the mirror or pictures vs what is really what others most likely see when they look at us. :drinker:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Ya'll that are *****ing did you read what she wrote, did you check out the link. IF not Shut up.

Having a bad day ?

The OP is great, the topic line not so much. And I spent some time on the website and could not get it to work. Anything else ?
    Have a good day, hope your foul mood improves.....:o).

My mood is fantastic. Thank you.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I too have a visceral reaction to the phrase "real women" having been thin most of my life and being subjected to people's idiotic comments about anorexia, how I couldn't possibly ever eat, needing meat on my bones, etc. Not to mention seeing that obnoxious slogan every time I accompanied my mother to Lane Bryant. Who knew one had to be size 14 and above to be "real".

Anyway, that's not what this link is about. It's simply a gallery of pictures of women in all shapes and sizes. It's very interesting to see how the different body types carry weight on women of the same height.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    A while ago, I was curious to see what I might look like at certain weight ratios and ended up stumbling across this website called www.mybodygallery.com. In the search engine, it lets you search at a specific height, weight range of 10's (for example 160-169), age, and body type if you prefer. Then it will show you a gallery of pictures of women that are within those specifications. I think it's helping me in choosing my goal weight, considering how I carry my weight and what some of these women look at my body type. I encourage other women to check it out! You won't be sorry :) I just don't want people setting initial goals at an extremely low weight when they really might not have to if they are comfortable at a higher weight!

I posted my picture in there when I was in the 200's
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I too have a visceral reaction to the phrase "real women" having been thin most of my life and being subjected to people's idiotic comments about anorexia, how I couldn't possibley ever eat, needing meat on my bones, etc. Not to mention seeing that obnoxious slogan every time I accompanied my mother to Lane Bryant. Who knew one had to be size 14 and above to be "real".

Anyway, that's not what this link is about. It's simply a gallery of pictures of women in all shapes and sizes. It's very interesting to see how the different body types carry weight on women of the same height.

You can also sort by body type too.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    A while ago, I was curious to see what I might look like at certain weight ratios and ended up stumbling across this website called www.mybodygallery.com. In the search engine, it lets you search at a specific height, weight range of 10's (for example 160-169), age, and body type if you prefer. Then it will show you a gallery of pictures of women that are within those specifications. I think it's helping me in choosing my goal weight, considering how I carry my weight and what some of these women look at my body type. I encourage other women to check it out! You won't be sorry :) I just don't want people setting initial goals at an extremely low weight when they really might not have to if they are comfortable at a higher weight!

Problem is I never find my body type. It's always an extreme of what my normal body is like. Find me the type that is slightly narrow-hipped, straight waisted, bubble butt and small chest.

BTW, I went and looked and SURPRISE, no pics for what my "body type" is. That's why all this cookie cutter stuff is BS. No offense, majority rules are not for all and it sucks.

That's pretty much my body type and I posted a picture of me at 200 pounds. Post a damn picture of yourself and represent.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I just want to add that it is dependent on people posting photos. It's not an exact science, with a huge data set. When it comes to what our bodies look like that is a way in which we are all different (there are many factors not accounted for). So, not everyone will find a body that looks like their own. I'm ok with that. I don't need to see other bodies like mine. I can just see my own body.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Ya'll that are *****ing did you read what she wrote, did you check out the link. IF not Shut up.

Welp now I'm in
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I too have a visceral reaction to the phrase "real women" having been thin most of my life and being subjected to people's idiotic comments about anorexia, how I couldn't possibley ever eat, needing meat on my bones, etc. Not to mention seeing that obnoxious slogan every time I accompanied my mother to Lane Bryant. Who knew one had to be size 14 and above to be "real".

Are we kin? lol. Sounds like me, was too too skinny till I hit 40 and quit smoking! I never want to be that skinny again but don't want to be the chunky gut girl that I am now either.....trying to get somewhere in the middle. But yeah, people get way to upset by the term "real woman" and it's just silly.

Check out the site people, for some it may not have the body type you're looking for, but for others it does. Real Women shouldn't get their feelings hurt so easy, geez.
  • jstarr820
    jstarr820 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Real as in not a computer generated image. Duh
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    It was a man that posted the initial reply about a "real woman" fight.