Insanity Friends :)

Options
Hello MFP community! I am looking for supportive and motivational friends that are also doing Insanity workouts! I am currently in the middle of week 3 :) Go ahead and send me a friend request !

Replies

• aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of week 3 too! How are you finding things?
  • Stacjsteinert5
    Stacjsteinert5 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's been amazing! I Love the workouts! I am down 12 pounds and several inches! seeing that kind of progress sure has motivated me to keep going :)
  • aprilshowers262
    Options
    12lbs!? That's amazing! After only 3 weeks? I must be doing something wrong. Sadly, my weight hasn't moved at all. I'm a bit frustrated about that as I push myself hard during each video. I'm trying to watch my calorie intake. Hence being on here again. I do have a hypo-active thyroid but i hate using that as an excuse. How did you lose so much weight so quickly?
  • hellykill
    hellykill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am in!! Love INSANITY :)
  • Stacey984
    Stacey984 Posts: 27
    Options
    I am an Insanity drop-out! It's definitely NOT my soul mate workout....
  • jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm in too! Just starting my second week here.
    I'm actually stressed a little bit because after one week, I'm actually up 4 pounds!! Has anyone else experienced this? My calorie intake hasn't increased and I've been trying to push extra water.
    I do love the workouts......Having sore muscles never felt so great!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a lot of Insanity posts.....I wonder if this is a sign or a coincidence .....:huh:
  • Stacjsteinert5
    Stacjsteinert5 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am very strict with what I eat! and I make sure I reach my calorie goals to fuel my body for the workouts. Also I drink a TON of water! I expect the weight loss to slow down since I lost so much already.
  • aprilshowers262
    Options
    Although I haven't gained, my weight hasn't moved at all so I can empathize. After doing loads of research of other people's Insanity experiences, I know it's not uncommon for the weight to increase or remain the same. It's the inches we should be focusing on as muscle weighs more than fat. Obviously watching what we eat, goes without saying. I've just made an appointment with my nutritionist to get some extra help in that department. Don't panic, you've only just begun and from what I've read, the magic happens in month 2 so hang in there and "dig deeper!" :smile:
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it (currently 1 week in) but I'm only doing it 4-5 days a week. I'm new to "proper" exercise and don't want to injure myself the first time round. Feel free to friend me if you want :)
  • aprilshowers262
    Options
    A sign to join the "fun?" Heck yeah! Get in on this! If nothing else, it makes you feel great about yourself. What do you have to lose???? :happy:
  • roblesl65
    roblesl65 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love insanity!!! after my first round of 1 year of insanity i lost 20 pounds :) i'm sure if i stayed on top of my nutrition it would've been more, but now i do it from time to time and am about to start my consistent 90 day schedule today!!!!
  • roblesl65
    roblesl65 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    it is DEF worth doing!!!! Feb marked my 1 yr on my weight loss journey and i completed insanity, along with other workouts, and lost a lot of weight (for me, idk how the same lbs lost would be to others)
  • any_chiwawa
    any_chiwawa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too:D i done my 17th day:D we can encourage each other:D Feel free to add me:D
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    jgsimon1 - Don't be frustrated if you gain weight with insanity. I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak to how my experience was. This is my second round of doing it, and I have gained 2 lbs, I am on week 2. The first round (which I did last year) I didn't lose any weight until the last couple of weeks, but after showing people before and after pics, they could not believe that I hadn't lost much weight, because I looked so much smaller and more toned. Also, when I was finished with insanity, I actually lost weight. After doing some research, I found it was mainly due to muscle soreness and water retention. When I wasn't pushing my muscles as much, they weren't holding all of that extra water. Plus I did see someone say something about muscle weighing more than fat, that could also be it! I have learned that it is not about how much you weigh, it is about how well you can rock your weight ;)

Anyone feel free to add me as well! I am all about getting tips and learning and trying new things! Good luck to everyone!
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I take Insanity once a week and am thinking of getting certified and teaching it up at school next year! Feel free to add me!
  • mrsdmiller74
    mrsdmiller74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Is there insanity for beginners I would try almost anything once
  • kateguy1981
    kateguy1981 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Insanity newbie here too I'm only on day 4 but really enjoying it and my muscles are achy! But really want to see what results I get does anyone log it on here? and if so what do you log it as?
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    A sign to join the "fun?" Heck yeah! Get in on this! If nothing else, it makes you feel great about yourself. What do you have to lose???? :happy:

I think im going to do it!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: