Metal music lovers!

Options

Replies

• brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    King Diamond, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Danzig

I like my workout tempos fast and groovy.
  • brando79az
    Options
    Any Nightwish or Tarja fans here? I like a variety of music, definitely including metal. Probs mainly symphonic stuff though, Kamelot etc. And Oomph! love them. Rammstein are okay but the former is preferable to the latter for sure

Definitely a Nightwish fan but IDK about working out to them. Doesn't give me the insanity I need.
  • brando79az
    Options
    Metal head since the 80's.
    My favorite music is progressive metal (Dream Theater, Queensryche, Symphony X, Porcupine Tree).

Great recommendations in this thread, I'll have to check out some "new school" metal.

Thanks

No anthrax?

I love Anthrax. Saw them with Neil Turban in NYC opening up for Metallica and Raven. I put them in the "thrash metal" category, which is also great for working out. But my ultimate favorite is progressive metal.

I agree, Anthrax is a thrash metal just like Slayer and Megadeth etc.

Dream Theater and Agalloch are probably my favorite bands but, except for a very few songs. They don't have enough energy for my workouts. I even hesitated to include Danzig but he has enough 'groove' to overcome the tempo.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Metal and Hard Rock for me.

All time fave is VH, current faves are a combo of Alter Bridge, Slash feat Myles Kennedy and Tremonti.

I go as heavy as Megadeth and as "soft" as Journey.

Great new band I dig is The Winery Dogs.

Any rockheads wana add me, feel free.
  • mimi14fun
    mimi14fun Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    my son just posted an "Opeth" video on facebook and I liked it does that mean this old granny is a metalhead?????
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    Pantera, pantera and pantera.....oh yeah and Down but that's not good for gym.

I still think Rob Zombie is best for workouts
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Here!

So many I love: Lamb Of God, Whitechapel, Arch Enemy, Battlecross.....I could go on and on.
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You all speak the language of my people! I love so many of the bands that have already been named.

My list includes: All That Remains older stuff! LOG, God Forbid, Sevendust, As Blood Runs Black, Aeon, Unearth, OTEP, Bloodbath, Chimaria, In Flames, Mudvayne, Cannibal Corpse, Vital Remains, Fear Factory, DevilDriver, Slipknot, Killswitch, Shadows Fall, August Burns Red, Underoath, As I lay Dying, Lacuna Coil ...yeah the list goes on and on!!!

Not to mention all of the "old" metal that I love, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Motörhead, Pantera.... ok, I am stopping!

Also, adding some new ones to my playlists, thanks to all of you!!!

Feel free to add me!
  • losesmilelive
    losesmilelive Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love it!
    It gets me through my workouts easy and especially cleaning the house haha
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am a Jazzercise addict, so we work out to all kinds of music.
  • mytimetoshine06
    Options
    I eat, sleep, and breathe Metal.
    I love listening to Megadeth while I work out. It always get me pumped.
    Feel free to add me.
  • horrorghoul
    horrorghoul Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!!!!!
  • cnhamilton12
    cnhamilton12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Here! It's the only music i listen to. Metal/rock. Looking at me no one would guess but the louder the better!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Metal head here to!
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hell yes :D
  • Nanierh85
    Nanierh85 Posts: 118
    Options
    I am just going to add all the people who post here :p
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    \m/ in on metal thread! :glasses:

Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Judas Priest, Devil Driver, and more get played regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43JOxLa5MM
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Here! It's the only music i listen to. Metal/rock. Looking at me no one would guess but the louder the better!
    You're right, I would not guess that but good to know! Glad to have you as a friend.
  • Releasethepain
    Options
    We need a metalheads group!! I cannot work out to anything BUT metal. Mostly thrash stuff like Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax etc. But I love heavy and death metal too. Recently addicted to the band Whitechapel. Woot woot, metalheads unite! \m/

Also, I'm new here so friend me? :D
  • cnc9619
    cnc9619 Posts: 3
    Options
    I like to do everything to metal. It's just got such a satisfying sound. I'm a teenager and all my friends think I'm nuts for some reason... Don't know why, I don't knock their music choices even though I don't like them. But idk, it's just such a refreshing genre and it makes me instantly excited. I would not know how to work out to music that wasn't metal!