• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Any body tried it?
    60oz distilled water
    1tb spoon of sugar free cranberry juice
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2tb spoon lemon juice
    Drink 60 ounces everyday for seven days.

I started it yesterday. It's meant to flush out excess water weight. Don't think it's doing anything for me so far. I would generally drink 2 litres of water everyday anyways

What is the purpose of flushing excess water weight? Dont want you want to lose fat?

To make dumb people feel like they're accomplishing something.
    :laugh:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    2013 called. They want their detox thread back.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Shoot! Should've known! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

damn zombie threads!!
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Here are my thoughts about the recipe.... Distilled water (provided it comes from the supermarket...) might be cleaner/purer than from other sources, The downside: most of useful minerals are gone. Cranberry juice is often suggested for people who have problems with kidney stones. Especially those who drink a lot of water. Too many minerals can cause problems, too. It helps flush things out...and so do the rest of the ingredients.
    At least, this is a way to get rid of bloat and water without taking 'just another pill'....probably cheaper, too...

There are indeed many reasons why someone might want to get rid of excess water. Ask people with high blood pressure.... Also, there is an advantage of flushing out water that's trapped between skin and fat....cellulite be gone....OK...almost...

Not sure what I should say about the posters who couldn't help but making fun of a serious question.... After all, you've gotta be 18+ to sign up here...start acting like adults...but that's just my opinion...
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Someone bumped up a year Old post for an agenda.

You think that is random?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Nothing is random.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Damn, we are too late then. By now OP has probably pee'd herself to death ;-(
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    A piss poor diet if I do say so myself. :wink:
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options

Nothing is random.

Not even Brownian motion? :noway:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Nothing is random.

Not even Brownian motion? :noway:

My Brownian motion is quite regular thank you very much.
  • SunBunzz
    SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm glad it's here, because I wanted to ask about it too.

I gain between 4-6 pounds of bloat each cycle, and it SUCKS. I'd like to be able to get that water weight down a little faster if possible, because I get uncomfortably bloated, lasts around 11 days for me.

But I started drinking water with a lemon wedge in it. Would that suffice? Suggestions? Would lemon-water be good enough?
    These ingredients don't sound too bad. To me, they sound kinda tasty cuz I love stuff that tastes a little tart or sour.

I also like green tea. Someone on YouTube used 2 green tea bags instead.

Even if it just flushes only a couple pounds of bloat after my cycle instead of having to wait nearly 2 weeks to be back to normal, I may want to try this. But How often do women drink this? Once a month? Or is it too dangerous to "detox" often? It's all new to me. And please don't be mean. I KNOW it's an old thread, and I'm open to criticism about it, that's why I'm asking.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    One of the best things for detoxing my bloat is drinking a crap ton of beer on a Friday night and playing Playstation.

Seriously though, I doubt you will see much benefit from Jillian's detox water... Just seems like a really time-consuming and gross thing to worry with for little to no reward.
  • SunBunzz
    SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    One of the best things for detoxing my bloat is drinking a crap ton of beer on a Friday night and playing Playstation.

Seriously though, I doubt you will see much benefit from Jillian's detox water... Just seems like a really time-consuming and gross thing to worry with for little to no reward.

Well, I'm not much of a beer-drinker, but I could definitely go with PlayStation & drink extra water. lol

Water with lemon...maybe that'd be enough? How much lemon juice per glass? I just have a wedge in my glass. Anything to make me pee just little more water weight would be a huge help. I heard 3 cups of green tea a day is great for flushing too. Thoughts?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Well, I'm not much of a beer-drinker, but I could definitely go with PlayStation & drink extra water. lol

Water with lemon...maybe that'd be enough? How much lemon juice per glass? I just have a wedge in my glass. Anything to make me pee just little more water weight would be a huge help. I heard 3 cups of green tea a day is great for flushing too. Thoughts?

I don't recall reading anything that showed that lemon has any sort of diuretic properties, but I'm not sure. If you enjoy lemon water and it helps you to stay hydrated, then that's good enough reason to drink it!
  • PandaFat2Fit
    PandaFat2Fit Posts: 42 Member
    Options

That could be why you are here 2 years later. Some of us take our health seriously.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

That could be why you are here 2 years later. Some of us take our health seriously.
    Meow. That was catty.
    FYI slut, a lot of the most successful people on this site have been here more than 3 months.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    eating asparagus, which is very low cal, will help with water weight, as will dandelion tea.

don't see why it's called detox water if it has an ingredient (the cranberry juice) with an artificial sweetener in it.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Wow, to make dumb people feel good?? Geez.

I get super bloated and uncomfortable during my period like a lot of women. I've found drinking lots of lemon water helps relieve that. When I'm out running on my period the last thing I want is my pants squeezing my bloated belly. I'm sure lots of women can relate.

Be nice.

I don't believe in "detoxes," but THIS definitely happens to me. I gain anywhere from 2-5 lbs during PMS. So yeah, there's that....