Cut the negativity and welcome change

Options
MusicofAria
MusicofAria Posts: 16 Member
I've been off and on mpf for a few years now. Unfortunately, I've noticed a lot of negative posts. Worst yet, there are some who have entire profiles of complaining.

I'm sorry if this post offends you at all; that is not the intention. Some people aren't aware that they're doing it.

Whatever you put out into the universe you get back. This has shown time and time again in my weight loss journey. Whenever I've been happier, positive, and trying to forge ahead it's been EFFORTLESS TO LOSE WEIGHT. On the flip side, when I was staring in the mirror thinking how awful I looked, feeling my fat, and moping around the house I GAINED A LOT. In fact, that's how I came to be my heaviest weight.

It may seem difficult to get into a positive mindset. Coming from a background of depression I can totally understand. However, it is necessary for any real changes to occur in life.

I hope this helps. Most of all, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Other people can believe in you all they want, but until you believe in yourself and your ability to change your life nothing will happen.

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Good point!
  • MusicofAria
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Cheers! Good post.

Best wishes in your journey!
  • MusicofAria
    Options
    Thanks a lot. :) Thanks for the comment. Best wishes in yours as well!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. It helps to hear this.
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are overweight because of chronic depression, stress, anxiety, and a host of other issues, in fact, most overweight people are overweight because they are unhappy or suffer from issues.
    You can't will away those issues.
  • MusicofAria
    Options
    My post said more than that, but I do agree with you that it is pithy advice. Beating depression and issues in general take a fair amount of discipline and stamina, which a lot of people aren't willing to take. Losing weight is about a lot more than just being more positive, but it's a start.

Everybody has issues. I'm sorry that you felt the advice was unwanted, but judging from your picture, you didn't need it to begin with.

Every change starts from a mindset to succeed. It's only the mind that can change any aspect of a person's life.
  • MusicofAria
    Options
    I'm so glad this helped you. :)
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Well said.
  • sheliatheslim
    sheliatheslim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No I haven't heard the story about the two dogs, but I'm dying to hear it, as long as it's, well, clean
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Very well said....

But, keep in mind that some people do not receive any support at home and this is a place to openly vent and not be judged. I know of several people who can talk to "anonymous" people who are in similar situations much easier than they can talk to their family or friends. I've done this myself a time or two.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh: :noway:
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My post said more than that, but I do agree with you that it is pithy advice. Beating depression and issues in general take a fair amount of discipline and stamina, which a lot of people aren't willing to take. Losing weight is about a lot more than just being more positive, but it's a start.

Everybody has issues. I'm sorry that you felt the advice was unwanted, but judging from your picture, you didn't need it to begin with.

Every change starts from a mindset to succeed. It's only the mind that can change any aspect of a person's life.

What is that supposed to imply?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

What is that supposed to imply?

^I would like to know as well. ..
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    It's barely 8 a.m. central, and I've already got bingo. How is that?!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    One could argue that this post has a measure of its own negativity towards others... but I get your message... it's a good one. :happy:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It's barely 8 a.m. central, and I've already got bingo. How is that?!

Me too!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    No. My negativity is fuel for the furnace that is my rage and that furnace helps me push harder and achieve more.