Replies

• idpromot
    idpromot Posts: 4
    Options
    Amazing difference...
  • carlyjaner
    carlyjaner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is amazing, looks like I need to change my exercise plan!! Well done.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Well done, more girls need to see how good lifting can be for them. Its such a shame that its seen as a man's sport (typically).
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I'm getting sick and tired of the low calorie diet and cardio routine too - although it's what helped me get slim I feel like I wanna try lifting. I think I'm addicted to the scales getting lower and lower and I like the feeling of being a low weight and BMI.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to lifting and stuff and would have no idea where to start so I'm gonna look more into it.
  • cuapater
    cuapater Posts: 15
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Lifting FTW
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    interesting thread, I do both and enjoy both equally
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl! I soooo love this.. have really just gotten more into lifting and feel strong and love seeing the changes! Bought my own bar for at home and look forward to seeing even better results! Even though I am still running 3 or 4 x's a week, (I like to run though) I am running better being stronger!
  • Zaxine
    Zaxine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    I needed to read a comparison like this. I dropped a lot of weight running distance and eating 1400-1500 calories, but then I got pregnant with my 3rd baby (had him 2/2014), and I have 5-10 lbs. to go to make it back to pre-pregnancy weight. Running is not my thing anymore. I think I want to be skinny, when actually I am content with myself. Instead I want to feel strong, so I have been looking into lifting.

This post has convinced me I'm doing the right thing making the switch. THANK YOU!

And you are doing fantastic! Keep up the awesome work.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    How DARE you call them MAN pushups. :laugh:

Amazing job!
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I love this so much!! Your progress is awesome and you are so great for sharing this!
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you.

My bf KEEPS trying to tell me that lifting will make me look like him (very muscular under a layer of fat). He insists that he's right because he took nutrition classes for anesthesiology school. I've been looking for success stories and photos of women who lift to show him that I will NOT bulk out!

He also insists that the *only* way to lose weight is to run, because that's "what worked for him". Sorry, but no. The only reason he lost weight is because the running burned extra calories and he didn't eat additional food to make up for it. Calories in < calories out!

Great job! Keep up the hard work! Can't wait to recomp my body by LIFTING!!!

Hi - Check out this blog, she post great pictures of her at the same weight but looking totally different just from lifting, It was what really introduce me to the idea of lifting heavy for women two years ago, after I say these I started New rules of Lifting for Women. Good luck - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn?page=3
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reading.
  • harby17
    harby17 Posts: 2
    Options
    This is great info - how often do you lift? How long are you lifting for?

Great progress too.
  • manrag
    manrag Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tq for the informative post. Bump for my reference.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    What is your routine?? I mean you don't get a flat stomach from lifting, are you doing something else as well?
    Very well done! You inspired me :)

You get a flat stomach from fat loss. And lifting causes muscle gain, which in turn, causes the bod to burn more calories in the form of fat. Yes indeedy do.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    QUOTE: Hi - Check out this blog, she post great pictures of her at the same weight but looking totally different just from lifting, It was what really introduce me to the idea of lifting heavy for women two years ago, after I say these I started New rules of Lifting for Women. Good luck - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn?page=3
    [/quote]

It is NOT only from lifting. At the top of the blog she states she also runs 2-3 x per week for 3-6 miles each time. That's a lot.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you.

My bf KEEPS trying to tell me that lifting will make me look like him (very muscular under a layer of fat). He insists that he's right because he took nutrition classes for anesthesiology school. I've been looking for success stories and photos of women who lift to show him that I will NOT bulk out!

He also insists that the *only* way to lose weight is to run, because that's "what worked for him". Sorry, but no. The only reason he lost weight is because the running burned extra calories and he didn't eat additional food to make up for it. Calories in < calories out!

Great job! Keep up the hard work! Can't wait to recomp my body by LIFTING!!!

Hi - Check out this blog, she post great pictures of her at the same weight but looking totally different just from lifting, It was what really introduce me to the idea of lifting heavy for women two years ago, after I say these I started New rules of Lifting for Women. Good luck - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn?page=3

honestly don't see much difference but I am sure the blogger knows what has changed. :) she looks awesome from day one.
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This is awsome! Im still at the point where my brain tells me that if i haven't done a load of cardio i haven't exercised. I have recently started lifting using the machines at the moment as I dont have the confidence to go in the free weights room (yet). I want to be strong not skinny fat and these pics definitely help with motivation.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME! I started weight lifting about 2 month ago, just to add on my weight loss plan, didn't think much about it. A few weeks ago, my husband looked at me and said " wow, those work out paid off, you have abs now" Me? having abs?????? it was a very very very pleasant surprise! I am now trying to get weight lifting into my work out. I am still intimidated to go to the weight area but I am working on it.

Thank you for posting it, I have seem lots women here with success stories on weight lifting and I love how they look! Very inspirational and I am going to work on weight!!!

61180394.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!