Replies

• msncush
    msncush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    amen, sister
  • TechLady11412
    TechLady11412 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel as though people like to take their focus on their unhappiness out on here, which is now why I am so selective as to post anything/ reply to anything at all. Heaven forbid with some of the people on here that your thoughts conflict with their thoughts.

Good luck on your weight loss journey! I'm sending lots of encouragement your way!

dey's just hangry
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I'm in to learn more about how to cure my depression through willpower and supplements.

Can be done. First step is to realize that depression is NOT you. It is a chemical reaction in the body that makes you feel depressed or anxious. Exercise and finding the right healthy diet makes a huge difference in getting balanced.

Good luck.

I agree but this idea won't be well received by those who refuse to take responsibility for themselves. Exercise and diet can have a significant impact on psychological and physical well being!

This statement will not be well received by anyone with any understanding of, background in, or experience with mental health issues.

I nominate it as The Most Ignorant Statement On MFP 2014.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I feel as though people like to take their focus on their unhappiness out on here, which is now why I am so selective as to post anything/ reply to anything at all. Heaven forbid with some of the people on here that your thoughts conflict with their thoughts.

Good luck on your weight loss journey! I'm sending lots of encouragement your way!

dey's just hangry

Don't forget low on vitamin D, apparently.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I don't like threads where the original poster tells everyone else what they're doing wrong. It is indicative that their focus is on external things that are out of their control, rather on internal things that they can control.

What true words of wisdom!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'm in to learn more about how to cure my depression through willpower and supplements.

Can be done. First step is to realize that depression is NOT you. It is a chemical reaction in the body that makes you feel depressed or anxious. Exercise and finding the right healthy diet makes a huge difference in getting balanced.

Good luck.

I agree but this idea won't be well received by those who refuse to take responsibility for themselves. Exercise and diet can have a significant impact on psychological and physical well being!

This statement will not be well received by anyone with any understanding of, background in, or experience with mental health issues.

Seconded! :noway:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

dey's just hangry

Or that it's your personal responsibility.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options

dey's just hangry

A b12 deficiency can cause hallucinations, and that's straight up truth. Not saying I believe you can cure depression with diet, but make sure you get all your micros.
  • Cleo58
    Cleo58 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Right on! I love your perspective!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Good luck.

omgicanteven.gif

6tQl1EH.gif
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

Good luck.

:explode: x1000000000
  • katemarin23
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this perspective today. I am trying to really enjoy my work out times and all that.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8gfne9fp21qf96jro1_r1_500.gif

Wow.

ETA: I'll just make sure to tell my brain chemistry to get it together and take personal responsibility. Good one, dude.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    one of the best cures for depression can be exercise. I suffer from depression myself, and its something you'll live with for the rest of your life. but that does not mean you can blame it on your short comings. happiness comes from within, and the only way to change something is to actually make a change in your life. you may not choose your depression, but you CAN choose to wake up and face each day with a positive attitude and really try your absolute best. the day I changed my diet and exercise was the day my life changed. it taught me to be patient because if you do your best and focus, you can achieve anything!
  • Papa_Grande
    Papa_Grande Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Good luck.

Many, many, many people LOVE to take those pills....and to do nothing else.
  • sisxena
    sisxena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You are the only one who can change whatever is bothering you....
    As they say: be the change you want to see......
  • Ratches
    Ratches Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Everyone is at a different place in their journey we are all here for the same reasons.

Here is something that someone sent to me this week that gave me a huge push in the right direction - it was not meant for my weight issues it was meant about life in general.... The person in my life did not want to hurt me but felt I needed a reminder that I had a choice of how I deal with things that happen in my life.

I was definitely playing the Role of a Victim!!

Read on if you want food for thought - don't read if your going to take it personally....

Do you know what role you are playing?

When we are playing the role of a victim, we develop the delusion of being on moral high ground as a result of having unjust suffering inflicted upon us.

To be a VICTIM is look out the window of who did something to us and who can be blamed. Victims don’t look inward at the personal role they play in their situations, events or relationships.

Victims feel it is a good way to attract sympathy, attention, and get them off the hook.

It becomes easy to invent a victim story. “Poor me…They did it to me again.” With a good victim story, people assign fault and blame and spend lots of time suffering.

When we are being a victim, we ask…

“Why did this happen to me? Whose fault is it?
    Who can I blame?”

This can be a compelling position for some as it keeps them in denial, induces guilt, feeds their low self-esteem and transfers blame to others.

A much more effective approach is to see the circumstances and accept them as they are and ask:

“Now what? Given that this is so, what am I going to do?”
    “How did what I did or didn’t do play a critical role in the events turning out as they did?”

Signs of victim behavior…

Ø Procrastinate, not keep agreements, and invent terrific stories to explain why it wasn’t my fault.
    Ø Victims tend to complain without a possible solution attached
    Ø Victims blame others and point out their faults
    Ø Victims often see things a half empty and express negative feelings or thoughts
    Ø Victims suffer from all of life’s problems, become easily confused or frustrated, and already think they know everything.

Since I read this small things in my life have changed - how I looked at my circumstances, how I chose to talk to and treat my husband, how I ate, how I tracked, how I worked out, how I slept... and how little wine I needed - LOL

I hope this helps someone out there!

Happy Friday!
  • trublutopaz
    trublutopaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You have some good points. That being said many of us have gone through a plethora of programs. Real life is not like advertisements. I would agree a good attitude helps. But in order to stay at that level, everyone needs support. This is not easy. And people who don't deal with this issue really don't understand. Our society has become very judgmental which is why boards like this are necessary. Perhaps those negative comments are really people asking for help. Perhaps they don't know how to ask for help. :smile:
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

Everybody has issues. I'm sorry that you felt the advice was unwanted, but judging from your picture, you didn't need it to begin with.

OP really? Talk about negativity... you know not how that person got so fit...or where they started.... judge much
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't like threads where the original poster tells everyone else what they're doing wrong. It is indicative that their focus is on external things that are out of their control, rather on internal things that they can control.

What true words of wisdom!!!

Amen.