It's sad..

Options

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You've been here since Jan 2012, you have a whopping 47 posts under your belt, and your post history shows you arguing with people and yelling at them in caps.

But please, do go on about how you think everyone else should act on the forums after setting such a stellar example of support for the rest of us.
    Alyssamr6712's list of recent posts is viewable by her friends only.

She's quick, I'll give her that.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is going to like every topic posted so just stick to what interests you and let others stick to what interests them.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    1492i5l.gif

You know what's more sad than this post?

2uqjb5x.gif

This kitten

OMFG! That kitten! Squeeee!!!

I'm a sucker for the big eyes and fluff!

2mfyao.gif

mew mew, kitty kitty
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    crying-dianna-agron-gif-glee-sad-Favim.com-235640.gif

I like pudding, salads with chicken, meatloaf sandwiches, brownies, ice cream, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, rib eye steaks (rare), loaded baked potatoes, shrimp on the grill, broiled tilapia, juicy hamburgers, fried chicken, pasta salad, macaroni and cheese, and after today, obviously animal crackers.

I hope this will be helpful.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Why did you create two of the same topic?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1318819-need-new-foods
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1318777-just-looking-for-some-idea-s-to-spice-up-my-usualy-diet

A lot of your success comes from thread title, combined with reputation.
    It sounds like you're building a reputation that will work counter to your desire for assistance.

What you name your topic is HUGE to it's success...
    MFP threads are much like a toddler in a toy store... the most hits go to the shiniest titles...

titles that tend to succeed are those that are:
    - incendiary
    - mysterious
    - exciting
    - clearly informative
    - hinting at doom
    - fraught with bad grammar/spelling
    - imply gifs
    - imply rampant derptitude
    - scream sex

they succeed better than ones that are:
    - too long
    - self promoting
    - boring
    - self serving
    - sufficiently answered by self study, or within the first few posts

this thread fits the first set of criteria, your earlier thread(s) fit the second set of criteria

Fantastic information!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

I like pudding, salads with chicken, meatloaf sandwiches, brownies, ice cream, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, rib eye steaks (rare), loaded baked potatoes, shrimp on the grill, broiled tilapia, juicy hamburgers, fried chicken, pasta salad, macaroni and cheese, and after today, obviously animal crackers.

I wanna halp.

21n08cy.png

I'm eating one of these while I type
  • gypsy_spirit
    Options

I wanna halp.

21n08cy.png

Now you're talking. I love those. I see that and raise you brownie ice cream sandwiches!

7ab9f9603cbae5d598d8c980f9d59df8.jpg
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    sad-kitty.jpg
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. The answer is always ice cream. It will fix the sadz too.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

SHE SAID "CLEAN" FOODS... CANT YOU READ?!!!!
  • gypsy_spirit
    Options

I'll have you know, my KITCHEN IS SPOTLESS - SO IT STANDS TO REASON MY FOOD IS CLEAN TOO!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

10 second rule, baby!!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. The answer is always ice cream. It will fix the sadz too.

Yup, ice cream solves all problems.
  • gypsy_spirit
    Options

10 second rule, baby!!

My floor is clean too. :laugh:
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

I wanna halp.

21n08cy.png

Now you're talking. I love those. I see that and raise you brownie ice cream sandwiches!

Sometimes I order these

2cdh2le.gif
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I think you're ignoring the huge social component that is an integral part of MFP. Yes, we all come here to log our calories and get fitness advice and advance our goals- but along the way we laugh, flirt, make friends, develop crushes, and meet some crazy people. It's all about a well rounded experience.
  • gypsy_spirit
    Options

I wanna halp.

21n08cy.png

Sometimes I order these

2cdh2le.gif

What a spotless pizza!!

How about some of these?

d97335d71d2fcc39c8929dafa0308b00.jpg
  • wombat319
    wombat319 Posts: 14
    Options
    LOL!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    i didn't know there was a search function! Nice!, i still think its sad though lol

why is it so sad that people can have a little fun and mess around with each other while at the same time getting fit and healthy? Honestly, most questions that are asked in other sections have 1) been asked a million times over and answers generally remain the same; 2) most can be answered by a couple of posts...you really don't need pages and pages and pages of advice on most of those questions...you will note that responses pretty much start to become very similar..problem is often that the poster is not hearing what they want to hear so they want even more advice.

As other's have mentioned, there's a huge social component to this...it's not just about slapping some one on the *kitten* and giving them an atta boy because they hit their calorie goal or whatever. I would also add that many of us have been here for a very long time...if there wasn't a chit chat board to go have fun in, it's likely that we wouldn't be here at all...and that would be sadz because many of us have been very successful and do help a lot of people along the way.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    i didn't know there was a search function! Nice!, i still think its sad though lol

why is it so sad that people can have a little fun and mess around with each other while at the same time getting fit and healthy? Honestly, most questions that are asked in other sections have 1) been asked a million times over and answers generally remain the same; 2) most can be answered by a couple of posts...you really don't need pages and pages and pages of advice on most of those questions...you will note that responses pretty much start to become very similar..problem is often that the poster is not hearing what they want to hear so they want even more advice.

As other's have mentioned, there's a huge social component to this...it's not just about slapping some one on the *kitten* and giving them an atta boy because they hit their calorie goal or whatever. I would also add that many of us have been here for a very long time...if there wasn't a chit chat board to go have fun in, it's likely that we wouldn't be here at all...and that would be sadz because many of us have been very successful and do help a lot of people along the way.

This is so true - so many of the people hanging out in the chitchat forum don't NEED to be here - they are the people we are grateful to have here because they are the ones with the knowledge and advice.