Do you exercise to "sexify" yourself?

Options
What is your core motivation? In these warmer months in the Northeast US, we are finally able to enjoy the weather, which means less clothing and more flattering clothing. Do you go to the gym to work at an ultimate goal of looking better and feeling better about your body? Some people just feel better about how strong they feel, fixated on the pounds they can or can't lift, but outside of the gym it's only about how you look. When I start to get in better shape after a slump, I start to feel an inner sexification shining through to motivate me through to my goals, feeling better about how my body is responding to diet and exercise after all the hard work I've been putting in over months and even years. It is the core of what it feels like to be alive! You may feel differently, so please share!

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    What is your core motivation?

I just want to be attractive to men with longer hair and a beard. That's all I ever hoped for. Well, I do want better endurance but that's second to the main objective.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Absolutely :flowerforyou:
  • sphinxdust
    sphinxdust Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What is your core motivation?

I just want to be attractive to men with longer hair and a beard. That's all I ever hoped for. Well, I do want better endurance but that's second to the main objective.
    :wink:
  • SpinSpinSugar69
    SpinSpinSugar69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just want to live longer and look sexy doing it.
  • sphinxdust
    Options
    I just want to live longer and look sexy doing it.
    I like that, a world full of sexier looking people living longer is a happier world.
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'd be lying if I said that my motives for losing weight was to solely, "feel healthier, be fit, and to love myself whether I'm fat or slim!"

I've been very pleased with how my body's been changing and I have gotten more confident in my clothes. I flip my hair more often and I find that I'm telling myself I'm ugly less and less. At the same time, I think weight loss isn't the answer to those feelings. It only gives me the starting confidence to consider that I am worth the effort and that I can be healthy mentally and physically.

My bigger "why" is avoiding the disability and immobility that I see in my mom. She's small and skinny, but she's mostly sedentary aside from random household chores. Her back is fused together and her legs are very weak. My mom is a wonderful person and it hurts me that her mobility is starting to keep her from traveling and enjoying things my family does because she either gets tired easily or just can't do some things.

I am an active person and I love to try new things, and I DO NOT want her body to be my future when I am older.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I want to look good again. I also want to prove to others with Hashimoto's it is possible to lose weight.
  • sphinxdust
    Options
    I'd be lying if I said that my motives for losing weight was to solely, "feel healthier, be fit, and to love myself whether I'm fat or slim!"

I've been very pleased with how my body's been changing and I have gotten more confident in my clothes. I flip my hair more often and I find that I'm telling myself I'm ugly less and less. At the same time, I think weight loss isn't the answer to those feelings. It only gives me the starting confidence to consider that I am worth the effort and that I can be healthy mentally and physically.

My bigger "why" is avoiding the disability and immobility that I see in my mom. She's small and skinny, but she's mostly sedentary aside from random household chores. Her back is fused together and her legs are very weak. My mom is a wonderful person and it hurts me that her mobility is starting to keep her from traveling and enjoying things my family does because she either gets tired easily or just can't do some things.

I am an active person and I love to try new things, and I DO NOT want her body to be my future when I am older.
    That's very good motivation. To stay alive and healthy you have to keep moving. It also troubles me when I see my elders who constantly pushed me to be active now becoming old and sedentary and lacking motivation for some mysterious internal psychological reasons, if not for physical debilitations.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I work out to be hot and strong, in that order.
  • sphinxdust
    Options
    I want to look good again. I also want to prove to others with Hashimoto's it is possible to lose weight.
    A great motivation, to not to allow your circumstances to dictate how you live and be a living exception to the rule!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Next question
  • sphinxdust
    Options
    I work out to be hot and strong, in that order.
    That works, too! I'm beginning to see I am not alone in my general internalized motivations.
  • sphinxdust
    Options
    Yes.

Next question
    :laugh:
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yes. I want to look sexual.
  • Tomboly1
    Tomboly1 Posts: 42
    Options

That's interesting that you say that because my mom is exactly the opposite. She is 56 years old and goes on 100+ mile bike rides every weekend and skis in the winter. She is so much more active than me that I am scared for my future if I don't increase my fitness levels. I also work in a nursing home and see on a regular basis what sedentary lifestyles produce in your golden years. I don't want to end up like that.

Another motivator for me is strength. I can feel myself getting stronger and can even start to see some muscle definition coming through. I find myself thinking how toned I would look when I loose all the rest of this pesky fat!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that squat day does something for me
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I want to be attracted to myself physically so that I can show myself off and let others admire my fabulous bod ;)

oh, and being healthy is definitely something lol.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    For me, sexy is a state of mind. There are plenty of people who match Hollywood's "ideal" body type, and still don't find themselves 'sexy.'

Now, if you had asked if we work out to have better sex? Absolutely. More stamina, flexibility and overall awesomeness.
  • oldmantoo
    oldmantoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started to lose weight and exercise to protect my health. Family has a history of diabetes and I was starting to have some indicators, mainly a marginal A1C test. I have lost about 25 pounds and it is really good for the ego that many people are complimenting me on how I look. I wanted to lose weight to prevent diabetes and increase my energy level but the feed back from others has made me think more about how it improves my looks.
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well, I do want to look good. That is a huge motivator no lie, but I think what I gain the most is inner strength/mental strength. Sounds a bit corny, but to keep going even when your mind wants to stop/give up is a rush for me these days. I just love pushing past what my mind says I can't do. I want to get stronger physically, but I'd say the mental aspect of exercise really makes me get up and continue. Like it's kind of a release for me to think about everything/stress and just exercise it out.