Weirdos at Work

Options

Replies

• rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am not the weirdo at work but most would call me the crazy one. I laugh loud and make a lot of jokes. I work for a major bank's mortgage department. Everyone is like a stuffed shirt here, so I try to lighten it up.

But the one weirdo I worked with would fart all the time and he did not care who was around and would not bat an eye about it, it was like he sneezed or something.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I used to work with an emergency doctor who would crack under pressure every couple of years and walk out in the middle of major resus's. I once saw him tip a spinal boarded patient off the trolley because the patient kept swearing at the nurses.

I also worked with a Serbian ex-military doctor who when asked by an 11 year old kid what the worst thing he had ever seen was replied "I saw my best friend have his head blown off". He used to tell cardiac patients "you smoke, you drink, you ****ed, you die"

I used to work for a female OB doc that got pissed if she had to do a pap smear on someone who had pubic hair.

She was almost 80, so had been practicing basically forever, but she said "It'd different now days."

She would also get in trouble by her nurses on a regular basis for working more than 48 hours straight (it's supposed to be illegal for doctors to work that many hours straight, but it's very difficult to track because they are somewhat self-employed.)

She would also have her nurses cut her hair during business hours instead of just going to a salon.

She was weird.

I liked her until she accused me of witchcraft and fired me.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I work as a welder and yeah, there are more then a few loose guns running about.

We have a dress code. No tank tops or cap sleeved shirts, no torn pants, no sweat pants, Jewelry is to be kept to a minimum, no dangly stuff. Tops are not to be revealing.

So what happens? We have girls who come in with there "Girls" hanging most all the way out. Then they wonder why they get burned so much from sparks. Another girls wears her pants 3 sizes to small and wonders why they keep ripping. (she's running around duck taped most of the time)

Then there are the talkers and "visitors". They want to talk about their sex life 50% of the time and the other 50% they just babble on about nothing.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm always 'that' weirdo at work :indifferent:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    You should work in my Courthouse (felony court)..... Need I say more?

Haha one of my temp jobs I read prisoner complaint letters against the Department of Corrections. Now THERE were some crazyy people. lol
    Everyday!!!!!!!!

And the stories we tell about our clients...

Oh the general public...
  • totfit
    totfit Posts: 4
    Options
    ...........but did you thing, I wish I had thrown that laptop. :)
  • RoxyDisaster
    RoxyDisaster Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My employees work for me because I'm so crazy

tumblr_n5waz3hJkY1qd62kio1_500.gif
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    There's this one girl at my work that plays on the MFP forums all day than randomly blurts out something all judgmental like "This lady can't figure out why she's not losing weight but she eats over a thousand calories of fast food per meal!!!" Oh wait, that's me!
  • LeafyEdge
    LeafyEdge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Haha I wash my hands before doing my business most of the time. I'm more concerned about the bacteria from my hands getting onto my hooha than the other way around!

I'm a technician in an Apple store, and I think every single one of us has weird habits. I don't think I could single any out anymore.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has habits that are weird to someone else. It's just not weird to us. Or maybe it is :happy:
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My coworker usually farts all afternoon and then tells me he's "shooting rabbits" every time.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    The guy that sits right across from me eats ice cubes all day long.

Drives me insane.

This used to be me!! Until I found out I had really low iron, once that was fixed the pica went away!
  • feherd
    feherd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There's this one girl at my work that plays on the MFP forums all day than randomly blurts out something all judgmental like "This lady can't figure out why she's not losing weight but she eats over a thousand calories of fast food per meal!!!" Oh wait, that's me!

haha this is great.
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    Dunno if it's weird per se, but my supervisor sleeps half the day. Literally - he's in the same room and I hear him snoring. Annoying as hell.
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For how small my office is, there is a surprising amount of weirdos...
    I have a work mom who insists on buying me clothes for holidays and brings me food that I don't like. She talks a lot about random annoying things for hours. I have heard her stories multiple times (more times then I have heard my bf's stories), but the fun part is she is a compulsive liar who can't keep her stories straight. She cries (literally) about how could never have kids and had miscarriages and just yesterday she was showing me pictures of a man who she says is her son that she adopted 24 years ago. She said she was raised with dobermans to protect her, but she recently changed them to poodles for some reason. She also flushes toilets when she is mad, which is a lot.

There is rather large man who is always bragging about stuff he gets for free for complaining at restaurants. He eats out at every meal, waits to use the restroom until he is at work because toilet paper is "too expensive," steals supplies, yet tries to tell on me for watching hulu and netflix (my boss doesn't care and actually suggested some shows) and everyone else. Every time I walk by him he is on FB, or yelp. He also claims to be trying to lose weight and uses "Lose It" and logs walking from his car to his desk as 20 minutes of walking and eats 6 Jack in the Box tacos every day. He ate the gingerbread house we made over a year ago this last May, dust and all. He doesn't wash his hands after using the restroom (you can hear the water run in our building), or shower daily (his hair is greasy and he smells). He criticizes EVERYONE. And he eaves drops outside the bosses office during her meetings.

There is also a close hand talker who has drawn on me accidentally while talking because she is flailing around so much.
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    Wow.... where do you work? I need to remember to never apply there. Don't think I could handle coworkers like that.
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I am the weirdo at work!!!!!! SUp *****es~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Haha dang he really loves Under Armour... maybe he has stock in them or something

But speaking of people's work attire..... there are some people in my office who actually wear SWEATPANTS to work! like grey baggy sweat pants. This is supposed to be a professional office, people! :P

LOL that is pretty bad.

I worked with a woman who was probably a size S/5-6 and wore clubbing-type shirts, but they were not too crazy or revealing so they looked professional enough, and nice trousers from Express, and heels...and then EVERY DAY no matter the weather, she wound up wearing this big grey sweatshirt over her clothes. It was the kind men wear who work in construction, with a thick fuzzy white lining and industrial zipper, and it had to be a mens size XL! I get that she was cold in the frigid office, but come on...get something a bit more stylish and work-appropriate, or at least something close to your own size!!

I wear sweatpants to work. :angry: I work graveyard in IT and on planned gym days, I come into work wearing sweatpants/workout attire and I head straight there after I get off work in the mornings. Guess I am a weirdo...SWEET! :bigsmile:

Well...working graveyard shift in IT is *way* different than working in an accounting department 8-5 where you often face the public and 60 professionally dressed coworkers. I'd say you get slack on that for sure. When I was in college and worked 18-24 hour shifts with adults with autism, I often wore shorts & band logo t-shirts.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The people I work with are fine. It's the customers that never cease to amaze us.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options

At my work there's this lady who always washes her hands BEFORE she enters the stall to do her business. Maybe she's a clean freak, but I find it a little odd to do that beforehand when she's just going to have to do it again anyway.

Not odd at all. When I head to the rest room, my junk's been in my pants all day - sheltered and clean. My hands, meanwhile - well, who knows where they have been? (What are the most bacteria-laden things in your office? It's not the kitchen and bathroom, it's your phone and keyboard) So anyway, it makes perfect sense to get your hands clean *before* you touch your naughty bits.