If Nickelback sucks so bad...

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    There are two main reasons why I dislike Nickleback.

First, during the time that Nickelback became popular, post-grunge wave was still dominating the alternative rock scene. During this time, Nickelback, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers were all equally huge. Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers (kinda) changed their styles with the time. Nickelback I believe failed to do that.

For me, bands like Nickelback, Shinedown, Saving Abel, Hinder sound very monotonous and boring. All of their sounds follow a very similar formula. If you youtube the Nickelback formula, you'll see a lot of parodies on the band.

I also think that Nickelback is "safe rock" too. Being a "safe" band I think they sacrificed a lot of their artistic ability to be popular and radio friendly.

THIS ^^^

SO MUCH THIS^^^
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Why do they get so much airtime?

Because people have bad taste...
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    I'm not a fan - it could be worse though .... it could be Nicki Minaj...... although their songs are all frat boy. yeah on second thought they both suck
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Judging by this thread the answer is they get so much airtime because women over a certain age dig their music.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    NIckelback and rock should never be used in the same sentence.

Nickelback ROCKS! I reference "Breathe.'

Come at me, bro. :-P
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    There no where near as good as Creed.

that's a _John_ troll..you can't not be John and troll a John thread with John troll.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    It's better than country music

It is country music.

Listen to Photograph .. tell me it's not country
  • jasonmh630
    I'd like to add.... Popularity doesn't necessarily mean "good".

Example: Miley Cyrus
  • jasonmh630
    It's better than country music

It is country music.

Listen to Photograph .. tell me it's not country

...or listen to "Rock Star".
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    I dont get the nickelback hate... I've always liked them

I don't either. HOWEVER, there are a quite a few songs of thiers that I really dont' care for. Aside from the hits that are played on the radio, I have to say the rest of their songs are just, eh. Whoreish chicks, getting drunk, sex in cars, one again, eh.

So, to finalize, I don't think they suck, but I understand how some may think they do.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    I'd like to add.... Popularity doesn't necessarily mean "good".

Example: Miley Cyrus

she's a like a less talented Lady Gaga...does she really qualify as either?
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    they seriously are horrible. they get airplay as someone mentioned because of payola

and then people will say, well they sold X amount of albums

black eyed peas have sold 76 million

one direction has sold 10 million (two albums)

beibs at 15 million

there is no accounting for bad taste (something i fully admit to)
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Why does beiber or any of the crapy cookie cutter singers/bands get play time?

Because radio is made for the masses.

Sad but true. haven't listened to the radio for years.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    There are two main reasons why I dislike Nickleback.

First, during the time that Nickelback became popular, post-grunge wave was still dominating the alternative rock scene. During this time, Nickelback, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers were all equally huge. Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers (kinda) changed their styles with the time. Nickelback I believe failed to do that.

For me, bands like Nickelback, Shinedown, Saving Abel, Hinder sound very monotonous and boring. All of their sounds follow a very similar formula. If you youtube the Nickelback formula, you'll see a lot of parodies on the band.

Every band you listed is on my playlist. Add Pink Floyd along with my metal and punk bands, and that's my library.

I think we can't be friends. My new theme song is "Sound of Madness."
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    I can at least stomach some creed (one) but i will just turn off the radio should nickle come on the radio. thankfully for audio jacks i listen to my mp3s pretty much exclusively
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    NIckelback and rock should never be used in the same sentence.

Nickelback ROCKS! I reference "Breathe.'

Come at me, bro. :-P
    Rock is anti-establishment and against the grain. Nickleback is the establishment........and the sandpaper
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    687c37401fd79cf2695a52afefd5ee51.jpg

OK, Grohl can say that because musical geniuses are allowed that priviliedge. All Hail Dave Grohl. (genuflects and kneels to his highness.)

:heart: :love:
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    If you play Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" backwards you can hear Satan, even worse tho...

...if you play it forwards you hear Nickelback's "How You Remind Me"!