Replies

• 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Definitely see a difference! Great job!
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You're sacrificed too much to give up now.
  • RWTBR
    RWTBR Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Don't make it about or focus on how you're looking. Focus on the work. Every day, for the rest of your life. The results will happen when they happen but they are slow. Making it about the work will keep you from feeling discouraged.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    This makes perfect sense to me.
    I look at starting pictures and pics at 25lbs lost. I think I look the same. There is a slight thinning of the neck and face but ALL my fat went down proportionally. I was inches thinner too but everything looked the same to me! Others could see it but I couldnt.

It wasnt until around 35lbs lost that I can say that I see body recomposition starting to happen. Stick with it. You will see the changes you want eventually.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Im almost at 100lbs down and there are some days i dont see it, which i know is crazy! It's like our minds focus right on the part we don't like and then doesn't notice the places that have changed.
    Take measurements and pictures and keep looking at that, that's what keeps me focused.
    Oh and btw, I can definately notice a difference in your pics. Keep up the great work on your journey! :drinker:
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I was wondering myself when my mind (and eyes) would catch up with the rest of my body. I still feel very overweight after losing almost 50lbs. I realize that at my height I am still a bit on the heavy side but I feel as though I'm still as big as I ever was. If my larger clothing didn't start falling off I'd never see the difference. I've gotten comments on my loss from some family and some friends but I just don't see it even though I know it to be true....

ETA I went back and looked at your progress pics and I do indeed see a difference. Particularly in your belly area and back. You are doing a fantastic job! I should have taken a before pic...that's where I messed up. I guess I just didn't think I'd be very successful so why bother having a pic of me standing there fat...? I was wrong though. Very wrong. Keep up the good work, lady!
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I can absolutely see the difference! Well done
  • mstripes
    mstripes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Not going to be random since you asked for it but you can do this. Please post pics so we can enjoy your hotness!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Yes, we are our worst critics. I've lost 80 pounds so far and don't see it. The only way I can tell is by the details: that I had to throw away a lot of my clothes, movement is much easier now (like tying shoes), undiscovered body parts are popping up (yay for collarbones!) and people are commenting.

It's pretty easy to tell which picture is which for us outsiders, and you did a great job, it's just that your mind hasn't caught up yet (or mine)
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    there is a total difference! Honestly I didn't notice I had lost 50 lbs until one day I looked out at my arm while I was driving and freaked out that it was MY arm. The mind is your greatest weapon but it can turn on you if you aren't careful. Keep a clear mind and keep going no matter what your mind conjures up.
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel I didn't really see the loss until I had to start wearing a belt with slacks. I think every time you feel like you are not making any headway put on a pair of pants that you used to wear at your highest weight. Go in front of a mirror wearing the pants, smile at your awesomeness, wink at yourself, and think I'm a bad MO FO and go about your day.