Why Aspartame IS scary!

Options
Aspartame Is Fecal Matter of Genetically Modified E. Coli Bacteria. Want proof? Here you go. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0036258.html

The production process

The patent, which is entitled Process for producing aspartame and is credited to Bahl, Rose, and White, summarizes the process as follows:

"The artificial sweetener aspartame, a dipeptide with the formula Asp-Phe-me, is produced using a cloned micrcorganism [sic]. A DNA which codes for a large stable peptide comprised of the repeating amino acid sequence (Asp-Phe)n is inserted into a cloning vehicle which in turn is introduced into a suitable host microorganism. The host microorganism is cultured and the large peptide containing the repeating Asp-Phe sequence is harvested therefrom. The free carboxyl group of the large peptide is benzylated and then hydrolysed to benzyl Asp-Phe dipeptides. This dipeptide is methylated and then debenzylated to form aspartame."

1.) 'Cloned microorganisms' (which the patent later reveals to be genetically modified E. coli) are cultivated in tanks whose environments are tailored to help them thrive.

2.) The well-fed E. coli cultures defecate the proteins that contain the aspartic acid-phenylalanine amino acid segment needed to make aspartame.

3.) The proteins containing the Asp-Phe segments are 'harvested' (i.e. lab assistants collect the bacteria's feces).

4.) The feces are then treated. This includes a process of methylation (adding an excess of the toxic alcohol, methanol, to the protected dipeptide).

http://www.organicslant.com/0000203-aspartame-is-fecal-matter-of-genetically-modified-ecoli-bacteria.html

That is the European patent for making your beloved and UN"safe" Aspartame. Now who wants to eat some E. Coli poop? Not me!

Replies

• Janette3x4
    Janette3x4 Posts: 135
    Options
    Eewww. I will stick to splenda. Only use it once a month or so anyway. Stevia is ok. Never liked the taste of aspartame!
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    ::facepalm::
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    :laugh: MFP is funny on Friday the 13th.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I love the way the phrase fecal matter is used to disgust people and make them think of human or animal waste. In reality we eat many things that are waste products from biological processes just using shock words doesn't automatically make something bad. Calling it poop is just silly, rather childish and actually technically wrong but hey ho whatever you wish to believe
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    stare-o.gif
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    See I knew I was gonna need my hat today...and everyone laughed...
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    1390067724778s.jpg
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Good! More for me, lol! I also eat bee puke (honey) and cow "secretions" (dairy) and bird embryos (eggs). I am happy being at the top of the food chain and thankful for science.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    See I knew I was gonna need my hat today...and everyone laughed...

Ha, I have mine on. You just can't see it in my profile pic. It helps keep me safe while drinking my Diet Pepsi.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Im reading this as I am drinking a nice ice cold diet pepsi, and it's soooooo good with all that aspartame in it, and IDGIF LOL
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good! More for me, lol! I also eat bee puke (honey) and cow "secretions" (dairy) and bird embryos (eggs). I am happy being at the top of the food chain and thankful for science.

+1! :drinker:
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of when people freak out that some fast food chicken *might* be made from just smushing the meat, bones, and blood together. Like so what? Do you realize how many cultures utilize EVERY single part of the animal? They think we're stupid and wasteful for only using certain parts. And to tell you the truth, I agree.

GIMME DA E COLI POOP!
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Aspartame Is Fecal Matter of Genetically Modified E. Coli Bacteria. Want proof? Here you go. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0036258.html

The production process

The patent, which is entitled Process for producing aspartame and is credited to Bahl, Rose, and White, summarizes the process as follows:

"The artificial sweetener aspartame, a dipeptide with the formula Asp-Phe-me, is produced using a cloned micrcorganism [sic]. A DNA which codes for a large stable peptide comprised of the repeating amino acid sequence (Asp-Phe)n is inserted into a cloning vehicle which in turn is introduced into a suitable host microorganism. The host microorganism is cultured and the large peptide containing the repeating Asp-Phe sequence is harvested therefrom. The free carboxyl group of the large peptide is benzylated and then hydrolysed to benzyl Asp-Phe dipeptides. This dipeptide is methylated and then debenzylated to form aspartame."

1.) 'Cloned microorganisms' (which the patent later reveals to be genetically modified E. coli) are cultivated in tanks whose environments are tailored to help them thrive.

2.) The well-fed E. coli cultures defecate the proteins that contain the aspartic acid-phenylalanine amino acid segment needed to make aspartame.

3.) The proteins containing the Asp-Phe segments are 'harvested' (i.e. lab assistants collect the bacteria's feces).

4.) The feces are then treated. This includes a process of methylation (adding an excess of the toxic alcohol, methanol, to the protected dipeptide).

http://www.organicslant.com/0000203-aspartame-is-fecal-matter-of-genetically-modified-ecoli-bacteria.html

That is the European patent for making your beloved and UN"safe" Aspartame. Now who wants to eat some E. Coli poop? Not me!
    And alcohol is basically made from "yeast poo" and honey is "bee barf". your point?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

The byline from the website you're quoting from...

Aspartame Is Fecal Matter of Genetically Modified E. Coli Bacteria
    Friday, November 22, 2013
    by: Mark LaRosa, Captain Organic Planet, Editor of organicslant.com

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmzJya_4GVZN3PtMPhB9yPFhb_FmDpbmC-m1SNBRlX6PCxdBjX
  • 4homer
    Options
  • 4homer
    Options
    Btw op better figure out how to get rid of the bacteria in your gut because they are pooping as we speak....INSIDE YOU
  • Fredly2020
    Fredly2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want to call it, there's a lot of evidence to support it's relationship to brain tumors.
    I think any sweetener made in a chemistry lab is suspect anyways...if I need a sweetener I'll take honey. The calories are as real as the sweetener.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that bacteria were part of the process. That's so cool! It's awesome how we can take a "scary" bacteria like E. Coli and make it useful. I know someone who is doing research on how to get bacteria to eat toxic waste. It's an awesome world we live in.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Thanks .. someone pass the Diet Pepsi please. Couldn't care .. more for me. ;-)
  • 4homer
    Options
    Whatever you want to call it, there's a lot of evidence to support it's relationship to brain tumors.
    I think any sweetener made in a chemistry lab is suspect anyways...if I need a sweetener I'll take honey. The calories are as real as the sweetener.
    link to evidence?