Nutribullet - Anyone use it?

Options
13»

Replies

• samanthannepstein
    samanthannepstein Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my nutribullet! When I first got it, I too, made a bunch of stuff that tasted like straight up garbage! Lol. But I have gotten the hang of it. I stick to mainly fruits or veggies, but just keep in mind that too many fruit smoothies can be a lot of sugar. And, when I have a lot of fruit sugar, I personally want to eat lots and lots of chocolate cookies. ;)

My favorite is beets, carrots, spinach, ginger, and a bit of apple. I was doing this every morning for awhile. It was really satisfying and my skin started to look really good.

I also like banana + avocado. I throw in some Chia Seeds and am STUFFED after drinking one. There is something about the thickness of it that just makes you feel full.

Trader Joe's has bags of frozen fruit for smoothies as well. It is organic and doesn't have any added sugar.
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I add lemon it really cuts that earthy taste.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've read that about protein before. Not sure where but here's an example-

"A recent study from the University of Texas found that consuming 90 grams of protein at one meal provides the same benefit as eating 30 grams. It's like a gas tank, says study author Douglas Paddon-Jones, Ph.D.: "There's only so much you can put in to maximize performance; the rest is spillover."

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/guide-to-protein/printer.php

OP- Was the lawn clippings more the taste or the texture? I think if you want greens to come out really smooth, you need a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. I keep looking for a cheaper alternative for when my Blendtec dies and so I watch video reviews of how the others do on greens comparatively, and it's never pretty. I can't do stringy or clumpy. But you probably get 3/4 of the ability at 1/4 of the cost with the alternatives, too.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

OP- Was the lawn clippings more the taste or the texture? I think if you want greens to come out really smooth, you need a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. I keep looking for a cheaper alternative for when my Blendtec dies and so I watch video reviews of how the others do on greens comparatively, and it's never pretty. I can't do stringy or clumpy. But you probably get 3/4 of the ability at 1/4 of the cost with the alternatives, too.

I actually think the Nutribullet does a really good job of blending up the greens.
  • Mari_Seattle
    Options
    Try some baby spinach or any baby greens, they tend to have a milder flavor, and no tough, stringy stems. I usually just take a washed & dried handful of greens and toss it in a freezer bag along with the other fruits and veggies I'll be using and freeze it. (I think freezing the spinach helps it break down better in the bullet.) Then all I have to do is chuck it all into the bullet with a splash of liquid - no mess, measuring or chopping @ 6 AM is a bonus too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    LOL,, lawn clippings.

When using greens or green veggies the following makes it taste better.

Lemon juice.
    Pineapple juice.
    Raw ginger.
    Celery.
    Cucumber.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

I actually think the Nutribullet does a really good job of blending up the greens.

http://howtomakeshakes.com/nutribullet-vs-vitamix-side-by-side-comparison-and-blender-review/

Yeah, this review says it's impressive. It might be my next blender. The last one I considered was the Ninja and it didn't stack up so well.