Weight: 193 lbs
    Waist: 36 in

Alpha Completion
    Weight: 174 lbs
    Waist: 34 in

Beta Completion
    Weight: 165 lbs
    Waist: 32 in

I am now on my 2nd round of T25, and love it all the same! My current weight is at 170 lbs as of this morning, so I have definitely kept *most* of the weight off (although the holidays slowed me down, no surprise there).
  • epooler12
    epooler12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just finished alpha phase today. I've lost 4 pounds and 3 inches around off my stomach. Definitely feeling stronger and more toned.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I am on my second week of alpha I am determined to clean up my eating for the remainder weeks I have a group have a few people on there who started around the same time as me some are in beta or gamma stage you guys are welcome to join

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/57598-focus-t25-2014
  • PixieQueen25
    PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am a T25 believer. This is real:

Started: July 5th, 2013
    Weight: 193 lbs
    Waist: 36 in

Alpha Completion
    Weight: 174 lbs
    Waist: 34 in

Beta Completion
    Weight: 165 lbs
    Waist: 32 in

I am now on my 2nd round of T25, and love it all the same! My current weight is at 170 lbs as of this morning, so I have definitely kept *most* of the weight off (although the holidays slowed me down, no surprise there).

Did you do shakeology? Recovery Formula? and Nutrition Plan? Because you have lost a lot of weight and have done very well. I'd like to know the other changes you have made. But I bet since your male you lost weight fast just because... lol
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Did you do shakeology? Recovery Formula? and Nutrition Plan? Because you have lost a lot of weight and have done very well. I'd like to know the other changes you have made. But I bet since your male you lost weight fast just because... lol

No on Shakeology or E&E stuff. I just consume a high-protein whey daily. I also do T25 in a fasted state, so first thing in the morning (5am) and don't eat "breakfast" until 9:30 (I do Intermittent Fasting on a 16:8 schedule).

I did start my first round of T25 with the Nutrition plan, and find it's pretty solid. I didn't stick with it through the whole program though, because I eventually needed a bit more variety. But, I was still eating healthy for the most part. I logged my calories pretty religiously and even planned some cheat days ever 2 weeks or so.

I honestly think the biggest key was I was fully committed to the program. I didn't take off days that weren't planned in the program, ever. You HAVE to get a HRM if you want to get max results so you can truly track your calories burned. You will burn more at the beginning when your cardio level isn't good, but as you get towards Beta your burn will slow down a bit. That's ok, but you gotta keep busting your *kitten*.

I did experiment with a couple of pre-workout stimulants during my first go on Beta, just for kicks and giggles. I think that might have helped me bust through some plateaus, even if only mentally. I don't recommend starting on them though...and I only did them for a couple weeks.

Lastly, once my cardio was way up, I would occasionally do unplanned exercise just because I could. Like, I would do T25 in the morning, and maybe do a 3 mile jog in the evening. I had the energy and knew that every calorie burned was more weight loss or beer I could drink! Haha.

Best of luck.

UPDATE: I was at 169 lbs this morning, so I'm only 4 lbs off my original weight loss and back to being very fit!
  • ksamra100
    ksamra100 Posts: 11
    Options
    What HRM monitor are you using?
  • PixieQueen25
    PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    oh okay. Coolioes. I had a heart rate monitor but my hubby kinda stole it from me and uses it for a watch :sad: :brokenheart: LOL But it was a "cheapie" anyways. I plan on getting another one Soon! A better one. What I have noticed about T25 is that since it is only 25 minutes and I still have to put "barely made it" on my calendar... I have fit it in my every day schedule Which is very hectic! But I fit it very easily... and UNLIKE insanity I have found I am not completely EXHAUSTED by the end of my work out! YES!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,621 Member
    Options
    Hello All, If you all do not know by now; I have a lot of medical issues such as PCOS and Hypothyroidism, that hinders my Fitness Progression. That being said; here's what I have been doing.

1. I started Taibo Jan 2013. Got a little results but not much at all. (lost 5 pounds)

2.I then quickly ordered the Insanity Program; changed my diet. I lost a total of (9 pounds with Insanity)
    I could not do push ups very well and that is half of the program so therefore; results are limited. I did 2 runs of INSANITY and still not much results. In fact I gained some weight back.

3. WINTER CAME too cold for anything. So I gained all of weight back...but still have a litttle toned and definition and oddly my inches are still smaller then when I started.

4. 2014 Tried doing INSANITY AGAIN it was uber hard. I would have kept with it but I wanted to give T25 a try. I had heard a lot of good things about it. My schedule is limited. One problem I had with INSANITY is that with all my problems I had to get up extra early to do INSANITY only got rejuvinated for a couple hours...I have a night job... so getting up extra early put more wear on my body; (which is not good with my medical issues) So....I ordered T25 for time constinuents. First workout today... and I felt all this energy tonight at work for over 9 hours of it. Which never happens... but....

I heard that the downside to T25 is that it burns a lot less calories then INSANITY. Most say one workout as hard as they can go is only about 300 calories MAX. On Insanity Month One alone I was burning 850 to 1000 calories per workout. And month 2 up to 1250 calories.

If T25 does not burn that many calories... I feel I might have wasted my money. I really need to see results or atleast hear others results with this because I do not want to lose "Focus" or lose inspiration. What has any one else's journey been like???
    850 to 1000 calories per workout? How were you calculating that since it's pretty hard to burn that many calories even for a pretty fit person.
    Sounds more like your metabolic rate is erratic due to your condition.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,621 Member
    Options
    I have a support group on FB that I would love for you to join. We try to keep each other motivated and help out with questions or suggestions. Wendy Bbcoach Reid
    Lol, figures a "coach" only responds when it comes to "joining" their team.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't want to sound rude, but how could it be too cold for a home based workout?
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello All, If you all do not know by now; I have a lot of medical issues such as PCOS and Hypothyroidism, that hinders my Fitness Progression. That being said; here's what I have been doing.

1. I started Taibo Jan 2013. Got a little results but not much at all. (lost 5 pounds)

2.I then quickly ordered the Insanity Program; changed my diet. I lost a total of (9 pounds with Insanity)
    I could not do push ups very well and that is half of the program so therefore; results are limited. I did 2 runs of INSANITY and still not much results. In fact I gained some weight back.

3. WINTER CAME too cold for anything. So I gained all of weight back...but still have a litttle toned and definition and oddly my inches are still smaller then when I started.

4. 2014 Tried doing INSANITY AGAIN it was uber hard. I would have kept with it but I wanted to give T25 a try. I had heard a lot of good things about it. My schedule is limited. One problem I had with INSANITY is that with all my problems I had to get up extra early to do INSANITY only got rejuvinated for a couple hours...I have a night job... so getting up extra early put more wear on my body; (which is not good with my medical issues) So....I ordered T25 for time constinuents. First workout today... and I felt all this energy tonight at work for over 9 hours of it. Which never happens... but....

I heard that the downside to T25 is that it burns a lot less calories then INSANITY. Most say one workout as hard as they can go is only about 300 calories MAX. On Insanity Month One alone I was burning 850 to 1000 calories per workout. And month 2 up to 1250 calories.

If T25 does not burn that many calories... I feel I might have wasted my money. I really need to see results or atleast hear others results with this because I do not want to lose "Focus" or lose inspiration. What has any one else's journey been like???

Don't want to sound rude, but how could it be too cold for a home based workout?
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did the alpha phase and then fell off before starting Beta. I have noticed with this program that you lose more inches than pounds, at least in alpha. If you are a servant to the scale, then you will be disappointed. But if you take measurements, you'll be pleasantly surprised! Taking pictures also helps because you tone up and gain muscle. You may only be burning ~300 calories, but it's only 25 minutes! To burn that in such a short time, I'll take it :)
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    T25 is not going to burn as many calories as insanity, but you will still see results. I did T25 and Insanity! With Insanity I lost 15lbs with T25 I lost 30lbs; so double the lbs lost even though it is 25mins. I did stack off on month 2 of insanity, but I still got great results from it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!