Restaurant or fast food meals that are lowish calorie?

Options

Replies

• DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Atlanta Bread Company Chicken Waldorf sandwich. 450 cals, and tastes amazing!
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/calories-in.asp?food=atlanta+bread+company+chicken+waldorf+sandwich

Expensive though.
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Wendy's apple pecan chicken salad with Asian sesame dressing. I get cheddar rather than blue cheese. It's my favorite fast food!

Subway 6" club on wheat bread with no cheese and sweet onion dressing, lots of veggies. Sometimes I get soup with it.

Burger king grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad

McDonald's salads aren't bad. I like the cashew chicken

Edited to add: Here in Canada we have the pita pit and extreme pita. You can get a grilled chicken pita stuffed with lots of veg and some cheese for less than 500 cals of awesomeness lol.
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I can get in and out of Chipotle deliciously for under 500 calories. Salad with black beans, veggies, chicken, then ask for them to go light handed on corn salsa, hot salsa and sour cream. If I have another 50 calories to spare I'll swap out the beans and salad lettuce for rice (and if I had 200 more I'd have it all, haha).

I have it all and just split it into two or three portions!!! Yummy!
  • JadeStarr2013
    Options
    Yes I do love Pita Pit! I too am in Canada and many of these places we don't have.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Throw a small Wendy's chili on top of a side green salad w/o dressing (add a packet of hot sauce tho - not too high in calories but makes a difference to flavour) VOILA! lo cal mock taco salad.
  • joeboo81
    joeboo81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I like the McDonald's Egg McMuffin and their fruit and yogurt parfait. Pretty filling and only comes in at 440 calories.
  • JadeStarr2013
    Options
    Nice call on the egg mcmuffin and parfait, I will definitely try
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    Hey Jade (Canadian too, hence the name!). I was scrolling through wondering if many of these calorie counts were American or Canadian, since often there is a difference between fast food joints in both countries! I sometimes have to eat out as well, and restaurants/fast food can be really tricky! I like the idea someone posted of scooping out the bread at Subway and leaving off the top part of the bun.... never thought of those! Good luck!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    1/2 mediterrenean wrap from Jason's Deli with fruit cup
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Total calories: 300. for 1/2 wrap and fruit cup from Jason's.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    For breakfast McDonald egg white delight without the muffin (two if your really hungry) and the fruit parfait is great. I had the IHOP Fit 2x2 this morning and it was good. Wendy's is hard to beat for lunch. My favorite is a half size apple pecan chicken salad with a small chili. The strawberry fields salad is good also but not as good as the strawberry poppyseed chicken salad at Panera Bread. TGIF has a steak with miso sauce served on spinach with a side of tomatoes and mozzarella and dressing that is less than 600 calories and is exceptional. Zaxby has the blackened bleu chicken salad that is also very good. Chik fil a has grilled chicken nuggets that are very good. For Mexican I always order the steak or chicken fajitas and avoid the shells.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    norm's breakfast tacos - delish, high protein, and without fruit about 400 calories.

i like to get a medium baked potato a lot of places, add an ounce of sour cream, lots of pepper and chow down. or an ounce of sizzler guacamole is yummy with anything, and you can add it to a tablespoon of blue cheese dressing and use it as a salad dressing.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    My local Chinese restaurant makes a selection of their stir fries with little to no sauce. A large Moo Goo Gai Pan, no rice, no egg roll is around 660 cals but it makes 2 meals for me.
  • laura3773
    laura3773 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love Chick Fil A's grilled chicken. Sandwich or nuggets, with a side salad or a fruit cup, makes a great meal. Also Jimmy Johns BLT with avocado spread instead of mayo. Ruby Tuesday salad bar. I love Subway's egg white and bacon breakfast sandwiches with pepper jack cheese and loaded up on veggies. Noodles and Company has a lot of low-calorie options; I really like the whole grain tuscan linguine with grilled chicken and a side salad.

Haven't tried them yet - maybe tomorrow for lunch - but Panera has new flatbread sandwiches that are around 350 calories each and all look super tasty, plus you can get an apple on the side.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Flame Broiler's mini bowl is right under 400 calories. So good, lots of protein.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    Throw a small Wendy's chili on top of a side green salad w/o dressing (add a packet of hot sauce tho - not too high in calories but makes a difference to flavour) VOILA! lo cal mock taco salad.

Good idea!! I am going to have to try this.
  • JadeStarr2013
    Options
    Yes! I think I will try the scooping out as well. I will always choose the Canada version if it is listed, or look online to double check. I find in *most* cases the cals aren't as bad as those listed in the states
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I order kids meals most of the time. With only having 1200 calories a day, I have to keep meals at a total of 300-400 calories. I choose water, grilled chicken and salads, skipping dressing most of the time.

I like the McDonald egg white delight and parfait, but I only choose one not both.

I am only allotted a 1200 calorie diet with choosing to lose 2 lbs per week, 1.5 lbs and 1 lbs. so changing that setting does not change my calories much.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Nando's! Say no more lol.