Challenge Group (New Members Welcome!)

Options

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    MON - Calories Burned: 458/Under Fat Goal: YES!
    TUE - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
    WED - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
    THU - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
    FRI - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
    SAT - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?
    SUN - Calories Burned: ##/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?

Total Calories Burned: 458/3500
    Days Under Fat Goal: 1/7

I had an awesome day today! :bigsmile: I've got my dinner made/logged, just finished my exercise so it's time to hit the shower and chill out the rest of the night! Here's to more success tomorrow! :drinker:
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    I exercised 310/3500 provided my hrm is telling me the truth, fat I was 6 over....my sodium was 838!!! See! I'm not watching my sodium and it's low!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    I exercised 310/3500 provided my hrm is telling me the truth, fat I was 6 over....my sodium was 838!!! See! I'm not watching my sodium and it's low!!

Way to go! And I'm :laugh: about the sodium!
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    I'm in, PLEASE!

I'll post my stats in a later post, still haven't done my workout yet...
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    I'm in, PLEASE!

The more the merrier! I wanted to see your "before" from your profile pic and you've really flattened your belly! I'm dying to know what you've done/been doing....
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    MON - Calories Burned: 485/Under Fat Goal: YES!

not a bad start...
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    I'm in, PLEASE!

The more the merrier! I wanted to see your "before" from your profile pic and you've really flattened your belly! I'm dying to know what you've done/been doing....

Wow! Thanks for noticing! Its been a work in progress for over a year, but I really got serious in October. I started doing P90X, not actually following the program but doing a workout from the program 3-4 times a week and running 4-6 miles once or twice a week. I also tried HCG but only for about 10 days and I HATED it! Thats why I stopped and then ordered Insanity. I have just finished month one and start the recovery week tomorrow. Then on to the final month! I'm preparing for Hawaii, my husband and baby and I are going for our 3rd year anniversary in 23 days!!! My abs are definitely stronger and showing... but still covered by a layer of fat and loose wrinkly, stretch marked skin leftover from the baby belly. But, hey, I'll take the abs any day ;)
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    MON - Calories Burned: 640/Under Fat Goal: Yes! - Elliptical 60 min.

Total Calories Burned: 640/3500
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    MON - Calories Burned: 525/Under Fat Goal: Y/N? Yes

Total Calories Burned: 525/3500

Today, I finally went to the gym and tried a Yoga class. I made myself go to the other side of the room, away from the door so I wouldnt be able to walk out during class. LOL...It was much better than the boring DVDs and was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Of course I wasnt able to stand on my head like a couple of the other ladies in the class but I think I did pretty good for my first time. Also, the instructor and one of the ladies in class said this was an intermediate/advanced class. So, kudos to me for making it through the 1 hour class. :drinker: (water) The downside is that you dont burn alot of calories. I burned about 180 cals during the 1 hour class. My goal is to start doing Yoga at least once a week.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I'm in, PLEASE!

Wow! Thanks for noticing! Its been a work in progress for over a year, but I really got serious in October. I started doing P90X, not actually following the program but doing a workout from the program 3-4 times a week and running 4-6 miles once or twice a week. I also tried HCG but only for about 10 days and I HATED it! Thats why I stopped and then ordered Insanity. I have just finished month one and start the recovery week tomorrow. Then on to the final month! I'm preparing for Hawaii, my husband and baby and I are going for our 3rd year anniversary in 23 days!!! My abs are definitely stronger and showing... but still covered by a layer of fat and loose wrinkly, stretch marked skin leftover from the baby belly. But, hey, I'll take the abs any day ;)

Your abs look GREAT! I was thinking about doing the P90X but I didnt want to have to do it everyday. I might try it once I get closer to my goal weight to help me tone up.

WOW, HAWAII! Im soooo jealous :smile:
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Today, I finally went to the gym and tried a Yoga class. I made myself go to the other side of the room, away from the door so I wouldnt be able to walk out during class. LOL...It was much better than the boring DVDs and was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Of course I wasnt able to stand on my head like a couple of the other ladies in the class but I think I did pretty good for my first time. Also, the instructor and one of the ladies in class said this was an intermediate/advanced class. So, kudos to me for making it through the 1 hour class. :drinker: (water) The downside is that you dont burn alot of calories. I burned about 180 cals during the 1 hour class. My goal is to start doing Yoga at least once a week.

Good on you! I've been doing yoga once a week since last February (most weeks anyway..about to restart ;)) and I can't recommened it highly enough! I've found that when I go for a few weeks in a row, it really makes a difference to how strong and vibrant my body feels. Let me know how you get on!
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    I love the thought of doing a new challenge each week :)
    Can I join in?
    Been under my cal goal all last/this week :)

Lisa-Marie

xx
  • huneyb007
    Options
    Hmmm sounds like just what I need. Not sure how I will go under presently restricted conditions with the floods? But some motivation is in order...
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    What is the challenge this week?

xx
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The challenge this week is to burn 3500 calories, and stay under the recommended fat allowance set for you by MFP each day :)

Edit:

Speaking of which!

MON - Calories Burned: 224 /Under Fat Goal: No: +3
    TUE - Calories Burned: 0 /Under Fat Goal: Yes! -13

Total Calories Burned: 224/3500

Start Weight: 291
    Current Weight: 268.7
    Goal Weight: 154
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Happier with the scale today. It reads 287lbs, for a total of 14 lbs lost since starting the day before Thanksgiving.

MON - Calories Burned: 163 /Under Fat Goal: No
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    frostyisis - You can DEFINITELY notice a difference! I fear that after 3 kids I'll never have a completely flattened (stretch mark free) belly, but I know it can look better than it does right now. I just borrowed P90 from a friend and will be starting it next week, hoping for good results! We went to Hawaii in September (hence the profile pic!), have you been there before? It was my first time and I fell in love! :love: Hubby wants to save up to move there, I'm considering it! What island are you going to? We went to Oahu (my brother is in the Air Force and is stationed in Honolulu, we went to visit him).

loveme - Way to go on the yoga class (and good idea distancing yourself from the door!)

kimmiebear - Glad the scale is nicer today! :wink:
  • krazie4u247
    krazie4u247 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Had another great workout. Didn't get in a swim last night but will do it either tonight or tomorrow at 4am. I am curious how many hours do some of you workout to get very high calories burned?

MON - Calories Burned: 466/Under Fat Goal: Yes
    TUE - Calories Burned: 723/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?

Total Calories Burned: 1189/3500
    Days Under Fat Goal: #/7
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Had another great workout. Didn't get in a swim last night but will do it either tonight or tomorrow at 4am. I am curious how many hours do some of you workout to get very high calories burned?

MON - Calories Burned: 466/Under Fat Goal: Yes
    TUE - Calories Burned: 723/Under Fat Goal: Y/N?

Total Calories Burned: 1189/3500
    Days Under Fat Goal: #/7

My highest calorie burns come from spinning! I typically burn about 500 doing 30 minutes on the treadmill (running/walking), then when I add some elliptical to it it always bumps it up a lot. I think if I tried to swim at 4 am I'd drown. I thought my 5 am workouts were brutal, I feel for you! :flowerforyou:
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    frostyisis - You can DEFINITELY notice a difference! I fear that after 3 kids I'll never have a completely flattened (stretch mark free) belly, but I know it can look better than it does right now. I just borrowed P90 from a friend and will be starting it next week, hoping for good results! We went to Hawaii in September (hence the profile pic!), have you been there before? It was my first time and I fell in love! :love: Hubby wants to save up to move there, I'm considering it! What island are you going to? We went to Oahu (my brother is in the Air Force and is stationed in Honolulu, we went to visit him).

loveme - Way to go on the yoga class (and good idea distancing yourself from the door!)

kimmiebear - Glad the scale is nicer today! :wink:

Thanks! We will be going to Kauai for 7 days! I've never been there before. Neither has my husband. This will be our first vacation together just him and me and our baby. It is going to be soooo much fun! Good luck with the P90X its a wonderful workout!