You know you're a MFPer when...

Options

Replies

• jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    when you keep changing your profile pic because your on so much you get bored of the old ones

<
    look a new pic lol

jackie
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    when you keep changing your profile pic because your on so much you get bored of the old ones

<
    look a new pic lol

jackie

love the new pic! can't wait until I lose enough weight that my face slims a bit so I can take a new one for my profile!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    when you not only own a HRM but also Buh-bump cream [special cream to smear on the back of the chest strap sensors to help it pick up better}

Ooooh never heard of that...where could I find something that like?

Got mine from Amazon.com Little bit goes looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg way!

I also bought--don't laugh!!--Butt-R Cream. It's special cream for cyclists to apply to 'sensitive" areas and to bike pants to keep them supple. Works great!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    You know you're an MFPer when you check the back of the Clif bar and the Power bar to see which one is better WHILE in the middle of a doubleheadder in baseball!!! LOL, everyone looked at me like I was crazy, here I am burning like 1500 calories and I'm checking to see which one has less.
  • shorerider
    Options
    You know you're an MFPer when you check the back of the Clif bar and the Power bar to see which one is better WHILE in the middle of a doubleheadder in baseball!!! LOL, everyone looked at me like I was crazy, here I am burning like 1500 calories and I'm checking to see which one has less.

LOL--yep! I burnt up 1700 and some calories this morning, then we went to this Chinese restaurant. I ordered the pork chops and as we sat down, I told DH, "I wonder how many calories are in these things" and then bemoaned that I hadn't brought my scale!! :laugh:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options

I also bought--don't laugh!!--Butt-R Cream. It's special cream for cyclists to apply to 'sensitive" areas and to bike pants to keep them supple. Works great!

:laugh: After experiencing my first cycling class last week, I can understand how such a product would be helpful:laugh: And that's just after an hour, nothing compared to your routine....:drinker:
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    I am a newbie...but I check here before all other sites and even my email.... :wink:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie...but I check here before all other sites and even my email.... :wink:

hell, it's my homepage! logged in and everything!:wink:
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    when you not only own a HRM but also Buh-bump cream [special cream to smear on the back of the chest strap sensors to help it pick up better}

Well, I didnt know there was cream, I guess that means I can quit slobbering all over it...LOL
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    When you irritate everyone you know when they put unhealthy food in there mouth..."ya know there is like 260 calories in that donut...and ya know that muffin is 2 servings thats like 400 calories" Very irritating I am sure:laugh:
  • shorerider
    Options

Well, I didnt know there was cream, I guess that means I can quit slobbering all over it...LOL

:laugh: Yep! That's what one of the ads for it said, too! "Works better than spit"
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    when you know you have a family on the computer???:ohwell:

jackie

When I chat with girlfriends, I say things like, "My friend from MFP said..." or "This friend of mine from MFP..." and they are all like, "I guess it's okay as long as you still communicate with live humans!!!"... I myself am new to the whole computer thing, but I guess some people don't understand how much support we give each other! I feel like I KNOW a lot of my MFP friends!

:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

I've never heard of this cream!! Could you elaborate? What does it do that water doesn't do (I wet my monitor with a little tap water and it works great!)....
    Should I get this cream???
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    When you irritate everyone you know when they put unhealthy food in there mouth..."ya know there is like 260 calories in that donut...and ya know that muffin is 2 servings thats like 400 calories" Very irritating I am sure:laugh:

LOL I haven't quite done that yet, but every time a commercial comes on and I'm with my family I'll say, "Ohmigosh do you know how many CALORIES are in that peanut buster parfait?" or "You could get that iced coffee sugar free and save about 250 calories" LOL!
  • shorerider
    Options
    I've never heard of this cream!! Could you elaborate? What does it do that water doesn't do (I wet my monitor with a little tap water and it works great!)....
    Should I get this cream???

http://www.amazon.com/Buh-bump-Heart-Monitor-Electrode-Creme/dp/B000HZD2NU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1219022952&sr=8-1

"The principles of heart rate monitor technology are based on reading the body's electric current. To ensure a proper heart rate display, heart rate monitor manufacturers stress the importance of wet electrodes which is why most HRM users lick or spit on their transmitters. Yeah spit! It works for some, not for most. SPIT SUCKS! Of course once you begin exercising your sweat is supposed to keep your monitor functioning properly, but what if you're doing a low intensity workout and not sweating, or your sweat doesn't conduct electricity. How about in the winter when your skin is really dry? Or you go from a swim workout to a bike or run-chlorine saps your skin dry. Bottom line, if you want to ensure your monitor works all the time in any situation you have to use buh-bump heart rate monitor electrode cream. buh-bump is a highly conductive cream that ensures accurate and consistent readings 100% of the time. It's simple, buh-bump works because buh-bump contains electrolytes and electrolytes conduct an electric current. Swim, bike, or run, buh-bump always delivers an accurate heart rate display. buh-bump is a cosmetic quality cream that is water soluble, hypo-allergenic, non-irritating, non-abrasive, and non-staining."
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options

LOL I haven't quite done that yet, but every time a commercial comes on and I'm with my family I'll say, "Ohmigosh do you know how many CALORIES are in that peanut buster parfait?" or "You could get that iced coffee sugar free and save about 250 calories" LOL!

I worked at McDonald's for over a year (and am considering re-entering such an atrocious work place because I need the monies) and I know, like, all the calorie content in pretty much everything they serve. Heck, I got so good I could even tell what a person looked like (i.e., whether or not they were overweight or what their age range/race was, whether or not they were parents without the obvious tip-off of Happy Meals) by what they ordered in the drive-thru. Weirdness.

I haven't been an MFPer for very long, but I know that I am because I haven't missed a single meal nor extra minute of exercise in the week since I started seriously tracking. I was raking the lawn last night and wondering, "How many calories am I burning?" When I got done, I came inside and found out that it was quite a bit!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    You know you're an MFPer when you spend more time in front of the computer checking the website than you do watching television.
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    Options
    You know you're a MFPer when.....

- You get a Baskin Robbins cake for your birthday and you run to the internet to check the calories before you let them light candles....

- You refuse to eat anything that you cannot determine the calorie count for.

- You make your husband eat half of a 15 calorie, sugar free, fat free popsicle because you only have 7 calories left for the day.

- Your husband takes out the measuring cups for you at dinner time because he know you are going need them to measure your portions.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

LOL that would be me. Hubby wants to kill me sometimes!:blushing:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    You check message boards before your email.

Close enough, as I do my email. you know you are a MFP'r when you ask yourself how you can burn some more calories... after you worked out! :laugh: I knew I was a MFP'r when I started got out the measuring cup so that I KNEW just how much milk I drank, durn it! :noway: