Addicted to pizza

Options

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I have a confession to make. I think I'm addicted to pizza.

I have been eating pizza at least 3-4 times per week. Am I doomed????

Help.

I had a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich three times this week (!!!!!). Want to start a support group? I'll bring the pizza ;)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    One time my friend Phil bet me I couldn't eat 12 slices of pizza in one sitting. He lost. :smile:

Can you eat an entire large pizza from Costco by yourself? That's quite a feat...

I don't know because we don't have Costco here, but I bet I could.

Good Luck :)

sXcMFgU.jpg

Yupp, 18" diameter. For pepperoni, one pizza is 3720 calories, 180g of fat, 228g of protein, 396g of carbs. So delicious...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I have a confession to make. I think I'm addicted to pizza.

I have been eating pizza at least 3-4 times per week. Am I doomed????

Help.

I had a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich three times this week (!!!!!). Want to start a support group? I'll bring the pizza ;)
    Really? You'll bring pizza? Why kind of support is that? That's called sabotage

Yeah, I'm not very good at the support group thing, am I?
  • kezara1229
    kezara1229 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're doomed!! I love pizza too, and I don't know if this will work for you, but it worked for me for whenever I wanted pizza.
    What you need:
    Tortillas
    Sauce
    Low fat cheese
    Muffin tin
    Oven
    Circular cookie cutter or empty can
    Toppings (optional)

So you take your can or cookie cutter and cut six circles out of a tortilla. Put those cutouts each in a spot in the muffin tin (I don't have one, so I just put them on a tray and tin foil, doesn't matter). Put sauce on each, put cheese on each, and add desired toppings. Cook for 10-12 mins, I think on 400°. It might be 350°. Idk, if it burns at 400° then do 350° next time lol. Then, voila!! Six pizzas. It makes me feel like I'm eating a whole lot, but since they're tiny and the crust is a thin tortilla, its not that bad for you!! I permit you to even do you this for a meal every other day. :)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    No you are not addicted to Pizza.

If you think you are addicted please eat pizza 3 times a day for atleast one week. If you can do that then I will say you are addicted.

That sounds like a challenge...
    Mmmmm... I want to be in on this.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Yes, say goodbye to all of your gains. Pizza in any amount leads to fat gain and muscle loss.

You should be:

1. Eating 6-7 small meals a day
    2. Eating zero processed foods
    3. Eating only low Glycemic Index carbohydrates
    4. Not eating any carbs after 6:00
    5. Never skipping breakfast.
    6. Not eating any grains, dairy, or gluten

If you do all this things, you will be healthy no matter what.

Really can't tell if you're joking or not :indifferent:

Anyway, OP, now you've made me want pizza!! Haha, seriously though, nothing wrong with it as long as it fits your calorie and macro goals. I could never give pizza up :heart:

Look at his post history. He is joking
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes, say goodbye to all of your gains. Pizza in any amount leads to fat gain and muscle loss.

You should be:

1. Eating 6-7 small meals a day
    2. Eating zero processed foods
    3. Eating only low Glycemic Index carbohydrates
    4. Not eating any carbs after 6:00
    5. Never skipping breakfast.
    6. Not eating any grains, dairy, or gluten

If you do all this things, you will be healthy no matter what.

Really can't tell if you're joking or not :indifferent:

Anyway, OP, now you've made me want pizza!! Haha, seriously though, nothing wrong with it as long as it fits your calorie and macro goals. I could never give pizza up :heart:

2cdftpf.jpg

Okay I am relieved now :smile: Hey now you have to admit, with some of the crazies on MFP, you could have been serious.

I won't lie I was starting to worry..
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned about the sodium :tongue:
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to pizza too. The moment I get the thought of pizza in my head.. I have to have it.

I'm currently waiting for the delivery guy to get here now! :P
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned about the sodium :tongue:
    I drink plenty of water.

My last physical was clear.
    Resting blood pressure 98/50
    Resting heart rate 46 bpm

It's raining salt, hallelujah, it's raining salt, amen.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen a single thread with so much imitation pizza in my life.

It's scared me, please just eat real pizza!!!

giphy.gif
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Are you staying under your calorie count and meeting your macros? That's what's important.

The problem with pizza is that it's a lot of calories for just a small amount of food. You probably won't feel full for long and then you'll be tempted to eat something else which will make you go over your daily goal.

Some people do better with lots of small meals. Others do better with 2-3 bigger meals. Some people limit their eating to an hour or two and fast the rest of the day. It depends on the person. I do 2-3 meals and sometimes eat dessert.

If you can eat pizza and still meet your goals, fine. Otherwise, have pizza as a treat just a couple times a week. Pizza day can be something to look forward to and keep you on track the rest of the week.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    067049020421e1d5c1680bdb0bb84279379491f0e61eed56e49697991e8e603d.jpg
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen a single thread with so much imitation pizza in my life.

It's scared me, please just eat real pizza!!!

giphy.gif

Seriously! I'm not going to eat some less delicious form of pizza just because it's fewer calories. I'd rather eat one slice of amazing real pizza than 6 slices of some imitation pizza. I'll pass...
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    IN, because all these pretend pizza recipes are amusing.