60 lbs in one year!

Options

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration for me to keep going. I am new to this site and I already love it. Thank-you!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • EbonyHunter
    Options
    Wow that is amazing! I hope I can do it. You look so happy! Congrats again! If you have any pointers please share. I'm new on here and I need some help getting started.:smile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! Yeah for you!
  • naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wow you look great! keep up the good work!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! That is terrific! You go girl. I like that smile!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh you look great! What a transformation! You look...happy. Positive. Proud even! Good luck on the next 20...I'm in the same boat, hoping to lose a good 40 for my brother in law's wedding in June. We'll see!! :smile:
  • lizzygrl1981
    Options
    Wow! Great job! :)
  • homemom3
    Options
    You look great. I bet you will be at your desired weight in no time. What's your magical tip for us newbies? You look so happy and energetic.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    wow thats amazing!! you're doing such a great job! It also looks like your holding your head higher now too. way to go girl
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Congrats on your progress!! Fabulous!!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Way to Go!!! :drinker:
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great Job, you are such an inspiration!!!!!
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Since a lot of people are asking for tips -

1.) WATER WATER WATER
    2.) portion control! I am a label reader in the grocery store!
    3.) I cut out as much sodium as possible. MFP recommends less than 2500 mg, I usually ingest half that.
    4.) cheat meals - one meal, once a week (usually Friday), and only if I'm craving something. Though to be perfectly honest, I have had many "lazy" weekends, where I've been terrible, and I just get right back on the train Monday morning.
    5.) my typical "healthy" day of food looks like this: oatmeal & coffee for breakfast, healthy choice frozen meal for lunch, apple & peanut butter for afternoon snack, chicken or fish w/veggies & brown rice (or other complex carb) for dinner.
    6.) I started out working out 2-3 days week when I was much larger, now I do 5-6 days a week, for AT LEAST 30 minutes, usually I go 45 mins-1 hour.
    7.) I can't afford a gym membership, so I workout at home in my living room.
    8.) support from my family, on (MFP!) and offline. During my journey, I have lost a best friend (which is story in itself) so I have learned to lean on and grow closer to my family, and managed to motivate a few in the process :wink:
    9.) MYFITNESSPAL! Logging all my calories & exercise, getting & sharing advice, learning new recipes, and most of all - the SUPPORT! :bigsmile:

When I was at my largest, I didn't even workout for the first 6 months, I just changed my diet and lost 25 lbs. Then the weight stopped coming off so I knew I had to step my game up. I try to do various things so my body doesn't get used to the same thing (bike riding, kinect zumba, kinect biggest loser game, dancing, etc) but the workout I do the most is anything by Leslie Sansone. I live in Florida and, over the summer, it was too hot to walk outside so I started surfing OnDemand and found her on ExerciseTV. Now I own a couple of her DVDs and it's been so effective for me since my knees are messed up from carrying so much weight for over 8 years.

I hope this helps someone!! Thank you again to everyone for their awesome support! Ya'll motivate & inspire ME! :flowerforyou:
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    amazing amazing amazing!!! :noway:
  • johnson30usa
    Options
    Wow you look incredible. You did a great job with the before and after pics.. i should take some too.. What an accomplishment. You are an inspiration to others. :flowerforyou:
  • mruiz22
    mruiz22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great Job....!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    You are looking great!! I cant believe the side view! Its amazing!:smile::) You should be so proud!!!
  • Robrowald
    Robrowald Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's quite a difference
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!