Don't get too muscular! Ugh!

Options

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    My ex and two other men told me I was getting too skinny and they liked me better "thicker." Some guys and gals like women who have that softer, curvier look to them. I'm finding out that a lot of guys do prefer thicker girls like I was back at 185-190. I'm 5'10 so I wasn't too overweight.

But, I'm doing this for me so screw them. lol.... It is what it is.

Exactly. I've never been one to do anything to please someone else or to do this because it's what "guys like". Please with all that nonsense :yawn:

EXACTLY!!! lol *High Five*
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Plus, I really want to be able to punch someone in the face if I ever have to. lol

This. What else are muscles good for? XD
  • russkiballerina
    russkiballerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know, right? It is my DREAM to look like those toned, muscular chicks. And I can't for the life of me - I'm on coumadin, can't lift heavy. I'm doomed to look like a stick. Too much ballet for too long, I guess. :(
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When I was in my twenties people were always telling me to put on weight and eat something. I was an incredibly active endurance athlete though. 20 miles runs, 100 mile bike rides through the Rockies, kayaking and rollerblading. While it's nice when everyone loves the body you have, ultimately its your body built by you and for you.

Now if an olympic runner had come up to me and offered me some advice I would likely listen, but the guy in cubicle thirty six is not likely going to be someone I consult for my fitness goals.

Very good point. The person that this is coming from isn't at all into fitness, so I guess she really wouldn't understand.

You have a sick body! That woman is just jealous! Simple as that..

Agreed, your coworker is jealous. Can I say, like WOW!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Your pics are amazing and perfectly feminine. Sigh. I think a lot of us would love to have that kind of body. Different people have different opinions

Thank you & that's true. There are bodies that I don't find attractive too, but I would never go up to that person & tell them so. We each like what we like.

I can't imagine walking up to someone and telling them they are unattractive!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Your pics are amazing and perfectly feminine. Sigh. I think a lot of us would love to have that kind of body. Different people have different opinions

Thank you & that's true. There are bodies that I don't find attractive too, but I would never go up to that person & tell them so. We each like what we like.

I can't imagine walking up to someone and telling them they are unattractive!

Yeah, or someone says they accidentally lost weight and replying that their husband probably likes them better now than before.
  • sir_randall
    sir_randall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The only person you need to impress is yourself. Be comfortable in you own skin.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen.

There are pics in my profile.

Your profile is set to private. :cry:

I just set it to public, the last 3-4 pics are from about 9-10 months ago & I am desperate to get like that again :sad:

damn, I must say, I am super impressed. :smokin:
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    To all the ladies! I challenge you to get as muscular and ripped as you possibly can! Try to get those muscles to bulge, with striations and vascularity!! Good luck!! It could be nearly impossible!

True. Women can definitely be muscular but just lack the testosterone to become massive like a guy

It's so hard to get huge like a body builder! They act like picking up a heavy weight is automatically going to have them leaving the gym with these jacked up arms. LOL if only it was that easy :laugh:

Its not only difficult for a woman, but it's also difficult for a man to reach bodybuilder status! Some have better genetics for it then others, but its still very difficult!
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

I just set it to public, the last 3-4 pics are from about 9-10 months ago & I am desperate to get like that again :sad:

Thank you! I'll be impressed when I have abs like that again lol!
  • DJ7203
    Options
    When I was in my twenties people were always telling me to put on weight and eat something. I was an incredibly active endurance athlete though. 20 miles runs, 100 mile bike rides through the Rockies, kayaking and rollerblading. While it's nice when everyone loves the body you have, ultimately its your body built by you and for you.

Now if an olympic runner had come up to me and offered me some advice I would likely listen, but the guy in cubicle thirty six is not likely going to be someone I consult for my fitness goals.

Very good point. The person that this is coming from isn't at all into fitness, so I guess she really wouldn't understand.

You have a sick body! That woman is just jealous! Simple as that..

Agreed, your coworker is jealous. Can I say, like WOW!

Thank you, that's very sweet :flowerforyou:
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I like my muscles. I also like being able beat the shlt out of someone if necessary.

^This. This is perfect lol. Not the main reason I've started to get into weights, but I think it's a nice side benefit.

And to OP, I wouldn't spare too much thought into it. She's likely just jealous that her body doesn't look as good as yours.

LOL thank you :happy:

Exactly what I was thinking ^^ - You look FABULOUS! Real Life Poster SUPERWOMAN!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Pics look awesome! Keep doing whatever you're doing!
  • DJ7203
    Options
    To all the ladies! I challenge you to get as muscular and ripped as you possibly can! Try to get those muscles to bulge, with striations and vascularity!! Good luck!! It could be nearly impossible!

True. Women can definitely be muscular but just lack the testosterone to become massive like a guy

It's so hard to get huge like a body builder! They act like picking up a heavy weight is automatically going to have them leaving the gym with these jacked up arms. LOL if only it was that easy :laugh:

Its not only difficult for a woman, but it's also difficult for a man to reach bodybuilder status! Some have better genetics for it then others, but its still very difficult!

Yes & I actually do put on muscle easily, but it still is going to take a long time for me to get where I want to be. People ask me for advice on health/fitness & I always hear the same thing "I want to lose weight, but I don't want to look like a Man". :noway:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Thank you! I'll be impressed when I have abs like that again lol!

Yeah. You are about as far from "manly" as possible in any of those pictures.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you asked me that question, I would give you the same answer 15 years ago, growing up in Asia I ( and a lot of girls) was taught we need to be feminine ( aka not to be like men) it was considered kind beauty to appear weak ( that you need men).

But now, I think women with muscle and 6 pack abs are HOT!!!! Strong is beautiful, confidence is beautiful and take charge in your own life is god dame beautiful! I am now into weight training and start seeing some results. Everyone has different opinion of what's beautiful, don't worry about those disagree with you, be yourself!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Yes & I actually do put on muscle easily, but it still is going to take a long time for me to get where I want to be. People ask me for advice on health/fitness & I always hear the same thing "I want to lose weight, but I don't want to look like a Man". :noway:
    They're just ignorant and probably jelous. You're body looks great!
  • DJ7203
    Options
    You guys are all to kind, thank you for all the sweet comments. Makes me want to work even harder! :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    just saw your pictures, you look GREAT! Love that killer abs and yes, just like that tattoo on you, you are beautiful!
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    almost thought this thread was going to go in a different direction (upon reading the topic). happily surprised here. i love muscles and getting stronger and i can't wait to one day be featured as a major success story both here and on bodybuilding.com. it's not a question of "if"--it's a question of "when." :)

everyone's goals are valid though--be they to get fit, super muscular, or anything in between.

:heart: :flowerforyou: