15 Months & First 100lbs Gone

Options
smacmillan86
smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
I'm going to start by saying I'm not a success yet, I still have a lot of weight to lose but I think losing a 100lbs deserves a bit of celebrating.

I decided I needed to do something about my weight at the end of March 2013. I was completely devastated when I weighed myself (at a relative's house I was travelling and didn't have a scale at home) and saw that I was at 403.8lbs. That's a lot of extra weigh to carry around on my 5 ft 7 in frame. I got home from vacation, downloaded MFP on my phone and joined a local all women's gym. I started counting calories/weighing my food and got a personal trained and haven't looked back yet.

I'm now at 303.6lbs and my BMI has gone down 15.6 points. This is all with hypothyroidism, PCOS, and posterior tibial tendinitis, I didn't give myself excuses I just did what I could.

10343683_10152298825609118_3080050015353551286_n_zps687f2c11.jpg

Replies

• 45thin
    45thin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!! Keep up the good work!!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Great job, I can see a huge difference!
  • Tracie524
    Tracie524 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A 100 pound loss is an awesome feat! You can really see the difference and you should be proud of that. Congratulations!
  • ftballmom9296
    ftballmom9296 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell a difference. I do not know you although I am so very proud of you and I know you have to be feeling better about yourself. The first step is always the hardest and now you are way beyond that first step 100 pounds in 15months is absolutely amazing and I again will say I am so very proud of you for sticking to it and not giving in. You deserve a better you and I believe without a doubt you will achieve that. Congratulations and much luck towards your continued success.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference, congratulations. Look forward to pictures when you lose the next 100.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! CELEBRATE, CELEBRATE, CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • WendyZ82
    WendyZ82 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can see a huge a difference! Definitely celebrate!
  • ccarpenter17
    ccarpenter17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and it sounds like you're enjoying your journey. Congratulations!
    If I didn't know the picture in the yellow shirt was the second one, I'd think it was taken *years* before the first one.
  • TIUClare
    TIUClare Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done! That is amazing and your hard work is really paying off! Keep going - I know you can do this!
  • attybell
    attybell Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and your a great inspiration also , keep up the good work
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    100 pds is amazing! You look great! Keep up the great work you are doing awesome :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Kade6685
    Kade6685 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats! HUGE HUGE HUGE Accomplishment!!! Keep up the amazing work!
  • FernRunner
    FernRunner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work. You look amazing, and so much younger. Wow!
    Keep it up. It is all so worth it.
  • cheekym7
    cheekym7 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    WOW! you look awesome, never give up! great work!
  • ditacoverdale
    ditacoverdale Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Keep up the good work!
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment! Great job and good luck with the rest of your goals!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    incredible shriking woman. keep up the great work!
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!

Well done you on your weight loss so far :)

Kaela x
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right . . . . YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DOES DESERVE TO BE CELEBRATED!! You've done GREAT thus far. Well done :flowerforyou: !
  • ps_weight_loss
    ps_weight_loss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing and your hardwork shows!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!