Ladies, what weight sdo you lift?

Options

Replies

• Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am pretty week in comparison to many here especially as I have been doing it for a while, but I am a bit flaky when it comes to workouts and it varies from 1 to 3 workouts per week. I spend lots of time deloading to work on form rather than focusing on maxing out numbers to progress. My PR's are:

Back Squat 90kg
    Romanian Deadlift 70kg
    Hip Thrust 60kg
    OHP 30kg
    Bench 45kg
  • chjones21
    chjones21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    45 pound bar is standard in your regular gyms but if you go to an Olympic lifting gym, you will also find women's 15 kg (33 pound bars). This is also the size women use in Crossfit competitions for the most part--has a smaller diameter for smaller hands, too.

thsnks kelly! So I must have dead weighted approx 80lbs --- that sounds so much better than 15 kgs :-)
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4, 58.5kg (129 lbs) age 60. Strength training since beginning of March.

DL 70kg - 154lbs
    Bench 35kg - 77lbs
    Squat only 35kg as form is rubbish and I am having to work on it without too much weight.
    OHP 17.5kg - 38.5lbs

My best (30 years ago) when I was 51kg - 112lbs

DL 125kg - 277lb
    Squat 107.5kg - 236lb
    Bench 50kg - 110lb

Yes I was competing!!

Don't think I'll ever get back to those weights again - just want to get strong again now. Haven't been lifting heavy for about 25 years, although I have trained with weights on and off, but the muscles seem to remember what to do!! - Apart from squats, and I think that's more of a bad habit or flexibility issue. My legs can certainly do more than I can squat at the moment.
  • inthezone77
    inthezone77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Been doing strong lifts for 2mths now. Happy with my progress
    Body Weight 58kg
    Squats 60kg (132)
    Deadlifts 65kg (143) - my hands are small so struggle with the 5th lift as the bar is starting to slip
    OHP - 30kg (66) - struggle with these
    Row - 40kg (88)
    Benchpress - 40kg (88)
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    45 pound bar is standard in your regular gyms but if you go to an Olympic lifting gym, you will also find women's 15 kg (33 pound bars). This is also the size women use in Crossfit competitions for the most part--has a smaller diameter for smaller hands, too.

thsnks kelly! So I must have dead weighted approx 80lbs --- that sounds so much better than 15 kgs :-)

Yup. In most English gyms standard bar is 20kg, so you likely lifted 35kg (77lb).
  • chjones21
    Options
    Thanks Ellie - I realised also I wasn't dead lifting exactly. I was doing what I thought weightlifting was ie taking it from the floor to over my head (must have had that idea from watching something on TV). I have now been watching youtube videos and realise that is called C&J and dead lifting is only up from the floor to standing straight with your arms down!!

Learning slowly, I guess! Youtube has been great tho :-)

Going to go again today. Quite liked the whole C&J thing --- so might continue it anyway!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    CHjones21 do some research on stronglifts 5x5. It's a great lifting program and very easy to follow and easy to remember!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ellie - I realised also I wasn't dead lifting exactly. I was doing what I thought weightlifting was ie taking it from the floor to over my head (must have had that idea from watching something on TV). I have now been watching youtube videos and realise that is called C&J and dead lifting is only up from the floor to standing straight with your arms down!!

Learning slowly, I guess! Youtube has been great tho :-)

Going to go again today. Quite liked the whole C&J thing --- so might continue it anyway!

I would recommend getting some training for eyes on- Olympic lifting is very technical- good to have someone show you what is right and what is wrong so you don't goon up your body!!
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. :) I'm really lifting. You guys are awesome!
  • balanceandnirvana
    balanceandnirvana Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Men line up to admire my guns and I have them like into a car and lift them for fun
  • chjones21
    Options
    Thanks rtuck. Have looked it up and tried it out (as I understood it) today. I didn't do the barbell row but did the squats and bench press ..... It was very, very, very crowded at the gym today because I went after five. I will go in the morning on thurs (as I work from home Tuesday, weds and thurs). It was a bit intimidating with all these big guys waiting for you to finish with the barbell etc. so I didn't do it exactly as I should have and sloped off to the less crowded areas!
  • chjones21
    Options
    Hello Jo i do have a lot to learn, that's for sure! I didn't do the c and j today. I did some dead lifts and then separately some over the head lifts. Training at my gym I think you have to pay extra for personal advisor (and it is fairly expensive just having the membership!) so think the five x five and rely a little on google and youtube is hopefully going to be enough???
  • playadelcarmen2
    playadelcarmen2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started sl 5x5 about two months ago, I am stuck at 135 lb squat because it pops my hip out of alignment. I am wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem or have any advice for me. I am 5'9" weigh 136. Thanx in advance.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hello Jo i do have a lot to learn, that's for sure! I didn't do the c and j today. I did some dead lifts and then separately some over the head lifts. Training at my gym I think you have to pay extra for personal advisor (and it is fairly expensive just having the membership!) so think the five x five and rely a little on google and youtube is hopefully going to be enough???

I would video yourself to get some self feedback- 5 x 5 is a great option- new rules of lifting
    so you think you can squat/deadlift/bench- all great videos

California school of strength (I think that's the name) they have some great youtubve videos as well. There is a TON of information- problem is there is as much good as bad- so you have to do your homework.

Yes it's do-able- but it takes some self drive to learn.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts: 71 lbs. x 8 reps
    Squats: 73 lbs. x 6 reps
    Bench Press: 58 lbs. x 3 reps

Not great. Working on it. Lol. I do everything for 3 sets, btw.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weigh 153 pounds, and I've been lifting off and on (injuries) for 2 years.

Current 1RMs:

Squats - 185 pounds
    Bench - 110 pounds
    Deadlifts - 215 pounds
    Overhead Press - 75 pounds
    Chinups- 1 unassisted
    Dips - 6 unassisted
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weigh 153 pounds, and I've been lifting off and on (injuries) for 2 years.

Current 1RMs:

Squats - 185 pounds
    Bench - 110 pounds
    Deadlifts - 215 pounds
    Overhead Press - 75 pounds
    Chinups- 1 unassisted
    Dips - 6 unassisted

:love: Dem weights. I can't do a chinup. Lol. Some day...
  • bmannen1
    bmannen1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You Ladies are amazing! I am defiantly at the low end of things here... I have been doing stronglifts 5x5 for 6 weeks:

Squat - 105 LBS
    OHP - 60 LBS
    Benchpress - 75 LBS
    Barbell row - 70 LBS
    Deadlift - 120 LBS
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I use the pink Barbie weights and high reps. I don't want to get bulky.
    That is not correct. You don't get bulky unless you are eating at a surplus and trying to do it, it is not easy to do. Also, pink barbie weights are not going to do much to help you.
    She was joking.

But as for me I'm a baby right now and I max 60lbs on all. I guess I could deadlift higher and maybe squat higher. Let me try this week. I'll get back to ya.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    It's 100% relative to size- training- genetics- and completely irrelevant to anyone else but YOU.

comparing yourself to others really doesn't do anything honestly.

because this happens
    Threads like these always make me feel inferior.

which is true for me as well

But since you asked...
    Squat: 225
    Deadlift: 305
    Bench: 185
    OHP: 85 (I don't really know- I just know for sure that I can put up 85 pounds- I don't test/train OHP at this point)
    I use the pink Barbie weights and high reps. I don't want to get bulky.
    That is not correct. You don't get bulky unless you are eating at a surplus and trying to do it, it is not easy to do. Also, pink barbie weights are not going to do much to help you.

I"m suspecting there was some sarcasm in that post that you missed.

:flowerforyou:

& nice lifts!

So funny how so many folks thought you were serious. HAHA. I love it!