Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Im getting ready to try ths Dr. Oz's slimdown drink:
    1 cup of grapefruit or orange or pineapple juice
    2tsp of apple cider vinegar
    1 tsp honey
    drink before each meal, breaks down fat cells faster then anything else.......

Hope it works. :)

I hope that extra 468 cals a day helps "break down fat cells faster".

No no no. Never listen to Oz.
  • uchube
    uchube Posts: 44
    Options
    it doesnt do jack for weight loss.

i take a generous TB mixed with 30ml aloe vera juice every day to prevent reflux/gerd, and it works brilliantly for that. i take it as a large shot; i would be very wary of sipping it diluted as it would damage tooth enamel.
  • Marksmith209
    Options
    I don't see it as a miracle tonic at all or even for weight loss specifically but I drink 1tbs mixed with a bottle of water, 3 times per day. For me, I find this mix gives me a bit more energy throughout the day. I don't notice any difference in appetite and I don't think that this mixture is going to help me lose additional weight (that I know of) but I will say I do notice a bit less drag when it comes to energy throughout the day while drinking Braggs w/ mother.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Over the years, I've read the adding apple cider vinegar to water helps aid in weight loss by helping to curb the appetite and rev up metabolism.

My questions are :

has anyone ever tried this?
    how much do you put in, for example, a 500 ml bottle of water?
    if you did try it, did it work for you?

any information would be greatly appreciated

It has to be the raw apple cider vinegar with the mother in it, not the distilled type.

I drink a shot glass straight and love it. It has helped with blood sugar control. I have been doing this for years, since I was diagnosed with Diabetes in 2003.

I also use it to make cucumber, onion and tomato salads, make BBQ sauce, etc.

If you put it in water, it is like 2 tablespoons per 16 oz.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Nonsense. Comes from master cleanse, which is a steaming pile of hot, wet...ideas....that somehow got published in to a book.

I tried it once, and I kind of like the taste, but it does give you that nauseated acid stomach feeling like when you drink too much coffee. I suppose that is a way to curb the appetite.

I will have to look in the Master Cleanse book. I don't recall it saying anything about using ACV.

I was told to use it by my Endocrinologist to help with blood sugar control. The recipe for it is right on the Bragg's raw ACV bottle.

Here are some more uses of ACV...........

http://gerson.org/gerpress/8-amazing-uses-for-apple-cider-vinegar/
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    The water will help curb your appetite by itself. A lot of time people are really just thirsty/dehydrated, but they mistake it for being hungry.

Vinegar will not by itself help you lose weight. There are no tricks besides just counting your calories and eating right.

I'm told vinegar will help balance out the Ph balance in your stomach and reduce stomach indigestion/acid reflux. I'm skeptical about this because drinking an acid into an already acidic environment (your tummy) doesn't make sense to me.

Oh and yeah - Bragg's with the "mother" that's just plain funky nasty stuff.

Yes, Bragg's is very useful when you have indigestion or suffer from acid reflux.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Im getting ready to try ths Dr. Oz's slimdown drink:
    1 cup of grapefruit or orange or pineapple juice
    2tsp of apple cider vinegar
    1 tsp honey
    drink before each meal, breaks down fat cells faster then anything else.......

Hope it works. :)

Don't forget to log those calories.

Not everyone on this site counts calories.............
  • floridaherbgirl
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar is usually used to produce food enzymes in the gut so that you digest your food and absorb more nutrients.
    Esp when people get older (after 40), or drink with their meals (never a good idea; it dilutes the natural enzymes from breaking down your food) or your body is experiencing acid indigestion which is a sign of low acid, not that you need to neutralize acid.
    One caution: If someone is not used to drinking Apple Cider Vinegar or taking vinegar tabs AND they have a heart problem, having fluid retention doing so may put them in a heart attack because of the immediate and too rapid of a release of fluid in their body.

ACV - wonderful for acid indigestion.
    Fresh Lemon cut and squeezed in to water will help to balance pH and
    Fresh raw pineapple will aid in digestion and tastes much better.