Ladies... Honest opinion on veins?

Options

Replies

• trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Extremely muscular guys are a huge turn-off for me, and visible veins are just gross. I don't find any of it attractive, plus it's a red flag that the guy is probably a little too into himself - I know how much effort goes into looking like that.
    I like thinner guys with a moderate amount of muscle - a little upper arm definition always looks good, but hulking shoulders and big beefy or veiny arms are not for me. all my friends agree. most girls don't want to date the Hulk.

All your friends dislike muscles and veins? lol.. Maybe true in the young 20's age group. Not true with the average woman older than 25 though and I think every guy can confirm.

OP, it's a mix. Some hate it, some dont care at all, some love it. Plenty of girls love vascularity, low bodyfat, and muscle.

Most girls I've met haven't really cared either way. I've yet to meet one who disliked it. Then again, I wouldn't be meeting them in the first place if they disliked veiny arms.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Extremely muscular guys are a huge turn-off for me, and visible veins are just gross. I don't find any of it attractive, plus it's a red flag that the guy is probably a little too into himself - I know how much effort goes into looking like that.
    I like thinner guys with a moderate amount of muscle - a little upper arm definition always looks good, but hulking shoulders and big beefy or veiny arms are not for me. all my friends agree. most girls don't want to date the Hulk.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW guys who work hard and have a ton of commitment are so groce.

Quite fitting you should say that though... since most men don't want to date a girl, they'd rather date a woman.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Not especially sexy to me. But I am more into lean muscular looks (like swimmers) than the bulge-y bodybuilder type.

Same here...
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I think they're pretty cool.
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I don't mind 'em! They're a side effect of all the hard work that goes into sculpting a sexy physique. I hope guys the same way about my calloused hands... lifting gloves are for wimps.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly care.

I have gotten extremely vascular on my arms myself, and it doesn't bother me. I don't really care if it bothers the opposite sex either.
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Super sexy. Shows dedication and hard work.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    surprised.gif
    Wow...that's some specificity.
    Now I wonder how people feel about other tissues and organ systems.

Hey ladies... Honest opinion on the lower gastrointestinal tract?
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Also neutral on them. I don't find them attractive, but I don't find them unattractive either. Except maybe when they're really extreme, but how many people do you see like that? Even then it's usually not like that 24/7.

Sometimes on myself, when I'm really hot and may have just worked out as well, I can see a significant number of my veins across my whole upper arms/shoulders/upper chest. They don't protrude at all, just show as tons of blue lines. This may be odd but I find it quite fascinating, but a little creepy too so thank god it's only temporary!!

In general they show more now since I've been lifting than before. When I had to have blood taken last (before ever lifting) it was a ***** to find a vein and get the needle in. I will take obvious veins any day over having to deal with that again!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally very veiny... and I've always been somewhat self conscious about that.

Good thing I live in Wisconsin where we have two seasons: winter and road construction.

Sleeves.

I was there when it was both those seasons at once.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about varicose veins.

Perspective, perspective, perspective.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    EEEEWWWW :sick:

just reading this make me feel sick lol

Vein shamer.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW guys who work hard and have a ton of commitment are so groce.

Quite fitting you should say that though... since most men don't want to date a girl, they'd rather date a woman.

Would you date a vascular chick? *wink wink*
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    veins are good and tasty, er.... what?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    EEEEWWWW :sick:

just reading this make me feel sick lol

ZOMG good thing you're sitting on your bathroom sink. I bet you could puke into your toilet from there.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I like my veins, don't like my limbs dying due to lack of oxygen.

Arteries carry oxygen to the muscles. Veins return the oxygen depleted blood to the heart and lungs.

Damn, there goes my witty comment :p
    English is not my first language,
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    No. Ew. Lifting has made me a bit more vascular too and it really freaks me out to see them under my skin.

I prefer guys on the skinny side, definitely not huge & muscular.
  • jmurray90
    jmurray90 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    i LOVEEE veins. especially arm ones.

but that could be because I'm a phlebotomist. (:
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Not especially sexy to me. But I am more into lean muscular looks (like swimmers) than the bulge-y bodybuilder type.

Or soccer players :love: