Metal music lovers!

Options

Replies

• Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    \m/ \m/

LOVE working out to all kinds of METAL! Thrash, Glam, Metalcore, Southern, Classic, etc. Today I worked out to Trivium. I have a decent library from over the years, but mostly use Pandora. Listening to an AC/DC station at work now, but have been rotating b/t Down, Iron Maiden, BLS, LOG, Pantera, and KSE.

\m/ \m/
  • Robynshay
    Robynshay Posts: 7
    Options
    Yessireee! Powerman 5000 and Rob Zombie
  • L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    My band is playing with Powerman 5000 in August...check us out

www.stereokiller.com/plagueofhumanity
    www.facebook.com/plagueofhumanity
  • nicolemarthacraig
    nicolemarthacraig Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No you're not! I'm a 38 year old mother of 1 metaller. Been into it since I was 14. Favourite bands: Carcass, My Dying Bride, Cathedral, Pungent Stench, Paradise Lose, Rotting Christ, Amon Amarth... lots lots more - i need metal when lifting weights! Going to Bloodstock Festival in the UK in Aug, can't wait! 7 weeks to get in shape!
  • battink
    battink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My band is playing with Powerman 5000 in August...check us out

www.stereokiller.com/plagueofhumanity
    www.facebook.com/plagueofhumanity

This.is.awesome. See, I knew you were cool!
  • MinervaShine
    Options
    Finally! An introduce yourself thread where I can feel right at home :D. I've been a metalhead since about the age of 14 (my dad told me it was a ridiculous phase that I'd grow out of by the time I was 16...I moved away from home and lost contact shortly after lol) Well guess what dad....I'm 42 this year and currently saving up for the Kilkim Zaibu festival in Lithuania in 2015 :D. My ipod is an eclectic mix of everything but metal makes up about 80% of it. A few favourites are Testament, Slayer, Motorhead, Candlemass, Deftones & Breed 77...............I reckon we should all get together and invest in a pure metal gym where all the walls are painted black and NO crappy dance or rap music is allowed EVER...(nothing drives me nuts more when I'm working lol) Anyone and everyone on this thread is more than welcome to add me by the way ! xx
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!

Sleeping Giant
    War Of Ages

Not Quite Metal
    The Letter Black
    The Wedding
    Red
    TFK
    Pillar

Lighter
    Falling Up
    Fireflight
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Go, all of you, go and listen to this amazing band, if you all like metal/hard rock! :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_XGMx7WNdU

They're kind of amazing!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Somewhere Dio is rolling in his grave. What was once a style of music that was well suited to being a lonely, isolated guy who was made to feel that way mostly by girls has become...*gasp* workout music.

30 year veteran of the psychic wars here.

Metal helps me deal with the psychopaths, the narcissists, those shallow and empty souls who absorb pop culture and make me want to ****ing vomit, those who lack virtually any form of real human empathy, and direct all their hate at me. **** 'em, if I can't shoot 'em or myself, might as well rock out.

Up the irons from Arkansas!
  • danidaggers13
    Options
    Always workout to metal!
  • jdecka40
    jdecka40 Posts: 1
    Options
    My workout playlist is only metal and some Hairband stuff.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I am not a "metalhead" in the sense that it comprises most of what I listen to but I try not to limit myself out of ANY genre. So yes, there is some metal/hard rock among what I work out to. (I don't want to get into a discussion of where hard rock ends and metal begins).

Bands I listen to from time to time include Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Whitecross, Stryper, Motorhead, Metallica (both pre and post BLACK ALBUM), Deliverance, Van Halen, Montrose, Rage Against the Machine, Sabbath/Ozzy and probably some others that I'm blanking on at the moment.

I tend to be more of a "song" guy than an album listener so I have random one off songs from all types of bands in my digital library :happy:
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Finally! An introduce yourself thread where I can feel right at home :D. I've been a metalhead since about the age of 14 (my dad told me it was a ridiculous phase that I'd grow out of by the time I was 16...I moved away from home and lost contact shortly after lol) Well guess what dad....I'm 42 this year and currently saving up for the Kilkim Zaibu festival in Lithuania in 2015 :D. My ipod is an eclectic mix of everything but metal makes up about 80% of it. A few favourites are Testament, Slayer, Motorhead, Candlemass, Deftones & Breed 77...............I reckon we should all get together and invest in a pure metal gym where all the walls are painted black and NO crappy dance or rap music is allowed EVER...(nothing drives me nuts more when I'm working lol) Anyone and everyone on this thread is more than welcome to add me by the way ! xx

When I was 16 my father in law told hubby and I that we wouldn't be listening to the same kind of music when we were closer to 47 then 17. He was right. We are 45 and listen to much more hardcore than the hair bands we loved in the 80s lol

I love teh idea of a metal gym. RAR!!!! \m/
  • IndecisiveGirl2013
    IndecisiveGirl2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    When I have music on when I workout it's always metal. It especially helps me get through boring cardio sessions. :D
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love Metal, not just for working out but it is great for that too. some favourites on high rotation currently are:
    Machine Head
    Volbeat
    Pantera
    Rammstein

I also have a lot of pop-punk, indie and classic rock which has it's place, mostly for nostalgic reasons and makes me feel 17 again so will always love too but I am definitely placing metal as my absolute favourite. always will.

I have seen some great suggestions from other posters on this thread for stuff I do not currently own and that will be fixed shortly.
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to metal however one of the trainers at my gym was the drummer for Celtic Frost. The stories that dude has....:-))
  • MinervaShine
    Options

When I was 16 my father in law told hubby and I that we wouldn't be listening to the same kind of music when we were closer to 47 then 17. He was right. We are 45 and listen to much more hardcore than the hair bands we loved in the 80s lol

I love teh idea of a metal gym. RAR!!!! \m/

Fantastic lol!! I'll start drawing up plans and coming up with ideas for group classes.....Is air guitar-robics a bit too hair metal dya think?.............Or how about a 'Mosh Ya Moobs Off' class for the fellas?
  • L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to metal however one of the trainers at my gym was the drummer for Celtic Frost. The stories that dude has....:-))

Ask him if he was in Mindfunk. His stage name was Reed St. Mark I played a few shows with them, very nice guy...
  • garyhorder
    garyhorder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is my festival / gig activity for the next few months... in the last seven years i attended not one gig or festival, since my split five months ago, life has changed .. hence why i need to get fit and active once more, a lot of these are press

27 june - M.O.D - Nuneaton - angel has a ticket

29 June - Midlands Metalheads Charity Bash - Birmingham - angel has a ticket

30 june - Amy .....................

4 july - sonisphere - knebworth

11 july - Out Of The Ashes Festival - Ellesmere Port

19 July - S.O.S Festival - Bury

27 july - Ballsdeep - snooty fox, wakefield

7 august - Bloodstock Open Air - Derby

14 August - Alt-Fest - Kettering

28 august - Degeneration Festival - Newark

12 September - Rock and Metal Circus Festival - Northampton

5 october - aces high - nottingham

11 october - rock diabetis - Trowbridge, Wiltshire,

13 November - HRH8 Halloween - AFAN Y MOR, PWLLHELI