Flirting with average looking girls vs. above average girls

Options
bloodyhonest
bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
Which do you think occurs more often?

I have seen a lot of threads about flirting and I have noticed that there are a lot of average looking girls complaining about how they are being hit on etc

I have asked two of my lady friends how often they are being hit on and I got two different responses. One said it happens frequently, while the other one said that it hardly happens at all. But what surprised me was the fact that the Hottie said it hardly happens. My other friend is cute, but she wouldn't stand out in a crowd as much as the other one, BUT, she is more sociable, so that might be the reason why?

Or maybe guys flirt within their league? What is going on?

Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I'd put my vote on intimidation/'they're out of my league I've got no chance' factors.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I say go all in or gtfo of the game
  • Beautiful_disaster40
    Options
    Never happens to me :wink:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'd say it has a lot to do with personality. I'm average but I'm sarcastic with most men that I meet and for some odd reason they like it, so I get hit on quite a bit. An awesome personality works wonders.
  • wheird
    Options

I have seen a lot of threads about flirting and I have noticed that there are a lot of average looking girls complaining about how they are being hit on etc

I have asked two of my lady friends how often they are being hit on and I got two different responses. One said it happens frequently, while the other one said that it hardly happens at all. But what surprised me was the fact that the Hottie said it hardly happens. My other friend is cute, but she wouldn't stand out in a crowd as much as the other one, BUT, she is more sociable, so that might be the reason why?

It is likely becausd she has a better personality. That is as important or even more important than looks.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options

It is likely becausd she has a better personality. That is as important or even more important than looks.

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say. Either it's that or how much T & A she displays.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say. Either it's that or how much T & A she displays.

The T & A part is definitely true.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I would say it does have to do with personality --- or exuding the air that they're approachable or not.
  • wheird
    Options

I dont think T&A have much to do with it, tbh.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I would think there are many different factors that results in whether or not someone attracts other people. Various factors relating to looks, personality, how intelligence is expressed, warmth, smiles, body movement, eye contact, listening. Different people are attracted to different things and to the feelings that get brought up in them when they see or interact with someone.
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it depends on location... I mean if you're in a big city or at a bar, girls get cat called or hit on all the time. I get hit on all the time (I work downtown, and am young and go out to bars sometimes) but so do my super hot friends. Maybe some hot girls are just better at putting on mean faces? Because they're more confident. That's something I wish I could do lol
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think some guys might be intimidated by a very attractive female, but others don't give it a second thought and go for it.

You said your cute but ordinary friend is very social, which is my guess as to why she gets hit on more. If she is putting herself out there, then guys are going to respond. If the hottie is sending the vibe she is not interested then that might detour a lot of guys. I think personality has a lot to do with it. Fun, outgoing girls are going to get hit on regardless of how "hot" they are.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    maybe it has to do with being approachable. To be honest guys never flirt with me had to go talk to them in club and bar setting but every guy in town would tell my friend I was with that they liked me thought I was cute or what not idk
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    And the "hottie" could just have no idea. I never knew when guys were hitting on me. I'd be filled in by others after the fact, and it was always news to me. I probably still wouldn't recognize it, were it to happen. Flirting is not a skill I have. I just always assumed people are trying to be friendly and nothing more.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Also I've never met a guy who thought anyone was out of his league. lol
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i will flirt with or hit on anyone.

:wink:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Could the "hottie" perhaps be more polar, like Marmite, where the average-looking lass is more universally appreciated, like bacon?
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Or the hottie is rather dense, or chooses to ignore when she's being hit on.
  • wheird
    Options

Also I've never met a guy who thought anyone was out of his league. lol

I think that isnt true at all.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I think women who are more accustomed to being flirted with handle it better, manage men more easily, and therefore aren't as vocal about it.