No Gym Membership... Need GOOD workout DVD's.

Options
2»

Replies

• TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    just p90 is the beginner set has a really basic dvd and than a little hard one P90X is the really hard intense set. should be fit to start this program not for beginners.. but the P90 program is great place to start and see if you like Tony's ideas and methods
    Great Jane, thanks for the info. Didn't know there was p90.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is definitely the best work out vid I've ever used...in 20 minutes, she trains you harder than any of my personal trainers have ever done...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix, I really like the Self: series of DVDs.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Also, if you have Netflix and either a Wii or an Xbox you can use the "instant queue" function and watch it through your TV - that way you have it to use all the time, can try out a bunch of different ones without having to wait for them to come in the mail.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    If your cable has On Demand there are tons of workouts on there - go to starter on demand.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Great Jane, thanks for the info. Didn't know there was p90.

Yup, it's actually called Power 90. There's also a Power 90 Master Series which is an intermediate step to P90X.
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I prefer Jackie Warners DVDs over Jillian's because I think you have more time to do the correct form and so I'm always sore the next day. Plus, I just find her to be a more pleasant person, but I use Jillians workouts too. 30 day shread is good and I'm currently doing 6 pack abs in 6 weeks. It's a nice workout and it does make your core sore. Also if you have a wii the just dance games are awesome they are so fun and I burn about the same amount of calories dancing for 30 minutes as I do during the 30 day shread dvd.
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Obviously P90X is a favorite, but I also love step aerobics and Tae Bo. Step with Cathe Friedrich which is on cable and Amy Bento. They do both step and weights. Great fun and sweat.
  • aanner
    aanner Posts: 26
    Options
    do you need anything for jillians 30 day shred? like weights , gaming systems, treadmill, etc
  • Catywoo
    Catywoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire
  • ropedancer
    Options
    If you have Netflix, I really like the Self: series of DVDs.

If you don't have Netflitx a lot of the self DVDs can he found on hulu for free. Your library may also have a selection of DVDs (my local one does, with access to over 200 more through interlibrary loan). Just remember to return them on time.

My only suggestion is to read reviews before you pick up DVDs, as they often require equipment, which good reviewers should highlight. For examples, 30 day shred requires a mat and small dumbbells. Other DVDs may require stability balls, or similar products.