• FeistyGirl007
    FeistyGirl007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    DR. OZ’S TWO-WEEK RAPID WEIGHT LOSS PLAN

WAKEUP: Start day with cup hot water & ½ lemon
    BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE: (see recipe)
    GREEN TEA: preferably organic
    PROTEIN: one 6-oz. serving of meat (chicken, turkey or fish) per day
    CARBS: ½ cup of cooked brown rice a day (otherwise no carbs/starches)
    FATS: good fats in moderation (e.g. olive oil and avocado)
    DAIRY: 1 cup of 2 % plain Greek yogurt per day (otherwise no dairy)
    VEGETABLES: unlimited low-glycemic vegetables (see list) and Detox Broth (see recipe).
    SNACKS: Hummus, pickles, a couple handfuls of nuts

WHAT YOU NEED TO ELIMINATE
    • No wheat (only ½ cup brown rice)
    • No artificial sweeteners (this includes all diet soda)
    • No white sugar
    • No alcohol
    • No caffeine (ONLY green tea)
    • No dairy (except Greek yogurt)
    • No additional exercise
    • No meals between 8pm-8am

OTHER THINGS TO DO
    • Take probiotic in the morning
    • Take a multivitamin (preferably ½ in the morning & ½ at night)
    • Detox bath every night (soak with 2 cups Epsom salt & 1 cup baking soda)

LOW-GI VEGETABLES
    Artichokes
    Artichoke hearts
    Asparagus
    Bamboo shoots
    Bean sprouts
    Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Daikon
    Eggplant
    Leeks
    Lentils
    Beans (green, kidney, garbanzo)
    Greens (collard, kale, mustard, turnip)
    Mushrooms
    Okra
    Onions
    Pea pods
    Peppers
    Radishes
    Rutabaga
    Squash
    Sugar snap peas
    Swiss chard
    Tomato
    Water chestnuts
    Watercress
    Zucchini
    Cabbage
    (green, bok choy, Chinese)
    Salad greens (chicory, endive, escarole, iceberg lettuce, romaine, spinach, arugula, radicchio, watercress)

SHOPPING LIST
    • Rice protein powder (28 tbsp)
    • 1 ¾ cups ground flaxseeds
    • 3 ½ cups brown rice
    • 1 bottle olive oil
    • Balsamic vinegar (or other preferred vinegar) for salad dressing
    • Green tea
    • Epsom salt
    • Baking soda

SHOPPING LIST (EACH WEEK BUY)
    • 4 lemons
    • 4 bananas
    • 56 oz frozen berries
    • 2 qts unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    • 4 avocados
    • 7 plain 2% Greek yogurts (6-oz serving size)
    • 1 ½ lbs chicken, turkey, or fish combined

SHOPPING LIST (DETOX VEGETABLE BROTH)
    4 large onions 8 carrots
    4 cups winter squash 8 celery stalks
    2 cups cabbage Dried ginger
    8 cloves whole garlic Sea salt, to taste
    4 cups root vegetable (any of the following: turnips, parsnips, rutabagas)
    8 cups chopped greens (any of the following: kale, parsley, beet greens, collard greens, chard, dandelion)
    (Or you can buy low sodium organic broth from the grocery store) DR. OZ’S TWO-WEEK RAPID WEIGHT LOSS PLAN

RECIPES
    Breakfast Smoothie Vegetable Broth
    • 2 tablespoons rice protein powder
    • 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
    • ½ cup frozen berries
    • ½ banana
    • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

For every three quarts of water add:
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 2 carrots, sliced
    • 1 cup of winter squash cut into large cubes
    • 1 cup of root vegetables: any of the following: turnips, parsnips, and rutabagas for sweetness
    • 2 cups of chopped greens: any of the following: kale, parsley, beet greens, collard greens, chard, dandelion,
    • 2 celery stalks
    • ½ cup of cabbage
    • 4 ½-inch slices of fresh ginger
    • 2 cloves of whole garlic (not chopped or crushed)
    • Sea salt, to taste

Add all the ingredients at once and place on a low boil for approximately 60 minutes. It may take a little longer. Simply continue to boil to taste. Cool, strain (throw out the cooked vegetables), and store in a large, tightly-sealed glass container in the fridge.

Heat gently and drink up to 3–4 cups a day.

Makes: 2 quarts or 8 cups

Prep time: 30 minutes
    Cook time: 60 minutes
    Draw your own conclusions, but this jump-started my 30# weight loss, and it gave a guide to follow to get started. No one is saying you have to stay on it... but it's just as good as any plan to start from IMHO.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is full of...digested food waste that has yet to be eliminated.

He just pushes whatever he's paid to push.

Not a fan. If it's connected to Dr. Oz, I'm much more likely to avoid it.
  • zigzigbeverlee
    Options
    I've been on the ice cream diet for about a month and have plateaued...obviously. I'm going to give Dr. Oz's quick start diet a go just to sort of re-group and get back on track. I like lemon water. I like rice. I like vegetables and I like smoothies but I love ice cream most of all. I think I'll put some of my smoothie fruit in the greek yogurt and freeze it a bit to delude myself into imagining it's ice cream. No matter what, losing a quick few pounds is all the motivation I need, fad or no fad. I might also try jumping from one fad diet to the next just for variety. I mean, they ALL work so what's the big deal? Have some fun! Go crazy!
  • guppi4ever
    guppi4ever Posts: 14
    Options
    First I would like to say that I feel bad for everyone who thinks Dr. Oz is full of crap. He knows so much about natural things and it helps people learn about things they would otherwise not know about. As for the person that said he was just "grilled by the government" - WELL, he went to them seeking help from the thousands of people that are USING HIS NAME, TRYING TO SELL PRODUCTS that have nothing to do with him... so don't judge him based on things you don't know!!

Now, as for the 2 week rapid weight loss diet??? I am going to try it either this coming week or the following. Depends if I can find the rice protein, as it's not that readily available. I know the diet works because my sister went on it and after YEARS of her being overweight, she has now lost 45 pounds and she is still losing. She has said to me on countless occasions that she has more energy, sleeps better and overall feels better. I lost my first 33 pounds doing the Atkins Diet.. Did I gain it back? Maybe a few pounds - 5, perhaps. Now, I want to get the last of it off - about 15. I can't seem to get it off so I'm going to try this now.

Maybe the people that are knocking this "food plan" are reluctant to give it a try? Everything on it is extremely healthy.. He is not shorting your body of anything.. If you're stuck in a rut from what you are doing, what do you have to lose except a few pounds, right? I have witnessed it with my sister..

And for those that knock Dr. Oz, lets just say - I feel bad for you. He is a medical doctor with so much knowledge and he has helped so many people.. what he is selling on his show is "knowledge"..... you either take it or leave it. Items you see on the internet or places like that are being sold without his permission... which is why he ended up going to the government for help.. as for being grilled? They wanted to know why he was using "fancy words".. If you go listen to the whole thing, you will find it to be quite a joke.. the bottom line is, people are using his name to sell bogus products. They are not his products. So don't blame him for something he isn't doing.

It bothers me to read that stuff on here. Get your facts straight before you post it.
  • guppi4ever
    guppi4ever Posts: 14
    Options
    This diet works - but it is healthy (I wouldn't really call it a diet, it's more of a change of eating habits).. my sis lost 45 pounds and is still going.. She has been on it much longer than 2 weeks, which is completely safe because it is healthy.. If you try it, I wish you the best. I'm going to!
  • jacobhyatt91
    jacobhyatt91 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    why are people still listening to that moron just because he has a tv show?
  • jessie0505
    Options
    I happen to love dr oz ! Some of the things he talks about are very interesting :) this plan doesn't look so bad I say go for it! It's your body and what works for you may not for another :) good luck!!!