Light Hamburger Buns?

Options
Anyone know of any low calorie hamburger buns? I want to make hamburgers tomorrow, but I don't want one hamburger to have like 500 calories because I'm going to be making mozzarella sticks too.

Replies

• Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hmm....Thomas, or maybe Eartth Grains make hamburger buns that are thin. At our grocer, they are in the bread aisle and are next to the Bagel Thins, also a smaller and flatter bagel. I think Country Hearth also makes light hamburger buns,
  • Capone007
    Capone007 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What about sandwich thins like these? http://www.arnoldbakery.com/Thins/ListProducts.aspx
  • cathyss
    Options
    sara lee has 80 calorie hamburger buns
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    That's what I had for dinner tonight and I used a Nature's Own Sandwich Thin (100 cals).. Also, rather than mayonnaise and cheese I just used one wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese (35 cals). Small changes sometimes make a big difference!

Good luck and enjoy your burger tomorrow! :)
  • stampede55
    Options
    Kroger has a Lite Whole Grain bun that is 80 calories as well.
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SaraLee Wheat hamburger buns are 200 calories.
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oroweat Sandwich Thins work really well! Each bun is only 100 calories, 5g fiber, and 1g fat. They have several varieties too: 100% Whole Wheat, Honey Wheat, Whole Grain White, or Multigrain.
    http://www.oroweat.com/Thins/ListProducts.aspx
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Also try the Hungry Girl recipe for mozzerella sticks, they are awesome!!
  • lizf02
    lizf02 Posts: 41
    Options
    Aunt Millie's makes a bun called the slimwhich, its 90 cals, but it tastes really good. They have different varieties too, whole wheat, 8 grain, and white. It has 8 buns and was about $3.00
  • benbidder
    Options
    I've had the 80 calorie ones before and I enjoy them. :) They are Sara Lee..
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Oooh lots of choices! lol Anyone know for sure if I can get any of these at Walmart or Savemart or maybe even Trader Joes?? I would prefer to eat organic, but I've found that it's hard to find anything in a low calorie version that is also organic. lol

Thanks for all the help, btw. :happy:
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options

That's the one I'm doing! Only I'm using Trader Joe's High Fiber Cereal instead of the Fiber One because I refuse to eat anything with aspartame. I hope they turn out well!!!!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    Options

That's the one I'm doing! Only I'm using Trader Joe's High Fiber Cereal instead of the Fiber One because I refuse to eat anything with aspartame. I hope they turn out well!!!!

Whoa! Whoa! WHOA! Is this a recipe? Where can I find it? Please share! I prefer to make most foods myself and I try to stay away from the processed stuff....my family LOVES mozzarella sticks and I would be the family hero if I could find a way to make them myself! Come on....I live for moments when my family considers me the cooking goddess...... so fork over the info if you please! ;) **Pun fully intended**

**Edited for updated find**
    I found the website AND the recipe! Thanks so much for the idea......I think my hubby just DROOLED when I told him I found this. If anyone else reads this and is curious here is the link:
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/800

Nom nom nom.....
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options

Whoa! Whoa! WHOA! Is this a recipe? Where can I find it? Please share! I prefer to make most foods myself and I try to stay away from the processed stuff....my family LOVES mozzarella sticks and I would be the family hero if I could find a way to make them myself! Come on....I live for moments when my family considers me the cooking goddess...... so fork over the info if you please! ;) **Pun fully intended**

There ya go!!! :happy:
  • NutritionDivaRD
    Options

Much thanks to you! :)
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options

Much thanks to you! :)

Welcomes. :happy: That website is full of awesome recipes. I love it!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    Options
    Trust me....I skimmed it briefly and now have mad love for this website. So I added it to my faves!

P.S. I printed the recipe out and my hubby said he now wants to marry me all over again........SCORE! ;)
  • oxavecamourxo
    Options
    Trust me....I skimmed it briefly and now have mad love for this website. So I added it to my faves!

P.S. I printed the recipe out and my hubby said he now wants to marry me all over again........SCORE! ;)

Haha! He must really love mozzarella sticks! But it's okay. I totally understand. They are one of the greatest foods on the planet. :heart:
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I also use the Earth Grain 100 calorie thin buns. I don't like having so much bread anyway, so those are PERFECT!
  • Ang999
    Ang999 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sara Lee has some that are 80 calories. Check-out this website

http://www.skinny-bits.com/2010/05/skinny-low-calorie-high-fiber-hamburger.html