Need some friends to motivate please

Options
Hello! A dear old friend of mine got me to join him on his weight loss journey with MFP back in April, but I became very ill in May and was unable to continue. I'm better and just back on MFP. The medications did a number on me and I want to drop around 30 - 35 pounds. I'm looking for new friends to motivate me (mainly to exercise).

Replies

• iqandil
    iqandil Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi Carroll,

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, and glad you are feeling much better. All the best!

Please feel free to add me, i guess we can motivate each other!

Issa
  • keleeh66
    keleeh66 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Carroll
    I'm brand new to MFP and also looking for friends to share ideas, recipes, exercise motivation etc. I'm starting a Kettlebell routine ( as soon as my kettlebell gets here) it's a good way to build core strength, work several muscle groups at the same time while having a cardio workout all in one. I tried a class for free and was hooked. I cannot afford to go to a lot of classes so I'm buying a 8kg kettlebell (aprox. 18 I'bs) and there are lots of beginner routines through youtube to get me started. I have arthritis in my hips/knees/ankles so I stick to walking and activities that don't put a lot of strain on my joints.
    I haven't completed my profile yet. I'm a mother of 6 with 5 grown kids ages : 29 to 19 and I have a 5 year old. I'm 47 and headed towards menopause :-) I want to get into better physical shape and lose weight so I can keep up with my 5 year old and enjoy life to the fullest. Look forward to hearing more about you
    Take care
    Kelly
  • SherylAnneR
    SherylAnneR Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in the same boat- medical issues and 30 pounds to lose! Happy to join in the journey and help motivate. Please feel free to add me. Sheryl
  • l2carroll
    l2carroll Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    By the way, I'm Laura. :smile:
  • dianasaurus7
    dianasaurus7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! :) Ive had health and other issues. Would like to lose about 40-50lbs.
  • carolbrady1
    carolbrady1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am taking some medication that can lead to weight gain and I am nearly a stone overweight, but am trying to address this through exercise. Diets have never really worked but sensible eating and more exercise have been more successful long term. I would like to share motivation and support with anyone who wants to.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Glad to hear you are on the mend from your health problems, that must be a huge relief!
    Could always do with a new friend! Am supportive, I think!
    I take steroids too and gained weight too!
    I have learnt to like exercise and want motivating friends to help me!
    Joined a new gym with a swimming pool and it is like I am having relaxation therapy!
    Love food and cooking.....and eating! Have an open diary too!
    Like to eat and drink anything...nowt barred here!
    Been on MFP a while! Lost 20, gained 11 and back with a vengeance!

Add me if you like!
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    hi welcome to MFP glad to hear you better you will get great support here feel free to add me
    George
  • JayBeeNine7
    JayBeeNine7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm with you on the health and medications.. I have about 30 lbs to lose with you.
  • mojo41mfp
    mojo41mfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi please feel free to add me. I joined a month ago and I exercise by doing les mills classes like body combat and attack. As a fulltime working mother I could do with some motivation too. I'm Kim by the way x
  • christyserenity
    christyserenity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for new MFP friends for support! Feel free to add me, glad to hear your getting better and best of luck on your journey :)
  • l2carroll
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TheTinkerzz
    Options
    There are two things that have helped motivate me to work out more. One is I tell myself how much I love it, and I start to believe it! The other is I listen to a "page turner" book, and I will ONLY listen to it while I am exercising. I'm new to all this, so I am not necessarily giving advice... just saying what has been really working for me thus far! :)
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Laura!

I have to ask... what does the "L2" in your user name mean? :wink:

Sam
  • l2carroll
    Options
    Welcome, Laura!

I have to ask... what does the "L2" in your user name mean? :wink:

Sam

Thank you Sam!
    To answer your question, L2 is a reference to a nickname bestowed upon me by a boy who gave me some life changing advice many years ago in high school. I took the advice. He is still one of my dearest friends and I still value his advice. :) The original nickname shall remain a mystery. :blushing:
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 18 years old and trying to lose weight/tone up for when my fiance comes home from bootcamp :) I'm currently studying dietetics as a minor (with Human Biology as the major) so I can become a dietitian/nutritionist in the near future. Maybe I could help people out along my journey. Feel free to add me!
  • jor53
    jor53 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this also, don't have any friends yet but please add me
  • l2carroll
    Options
    Hi Carroll,

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, and glad you are feeling much better. All the best!

Please feel free to add me, i guess we can motivate each other!

Issa

Hi Issa,
    I'm Laura. Thank you! I need all the motivation I can get!
  • l2carroll
    Options

:smile:
  • l2carroll
    Options

:smile: