Turn protein powder into a shake - help!

Options
So I accidentally purchased and opened a container of vanilla soy protein powder instead of shake mix. What can I add to make it palatable but still "just add water?" It currently tastes like unsweetened vaguely vanilla tofu. Blech.

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Ice, splenda, berries

Or ice, splenda and cold coffee
  • zuriel01
    zuriel01 Posts: 1
    Options
    add a sweetner to your taste, can add different flavors, and add ice to your mix and blend and it will be like a shake. can add a banana or other fruit. rum flavoring or pineapple get creative with it.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I've never used shake mix for my protein shakes. It all comes from the powder. If your protein powder is gross, I can't relate. Mine is awesome, even just mixed with water. But this is what I do...

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup water
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 T PB2
    1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 frozen banana
    Handful of spinach leaves
    Ice

Blend it all up and voila! A delicious and nutritious protein shake for under 250 calories.
  • moonstrucky
    moonstrucky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mostly I wanted to add powdered things so I could still just mix it with water post-workout. I'm thinking I'm going to need to just buy something else and use this stuff in another way.
  • Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    powdered cocoa. I use that with my vanilla instead of chocolate syrup. My shakes are water only.