Stop Eating After 830 Pm

Options

Replies

• MetamorphicButterfly
    Options
    Well it works for me and now that i have given up eating late i feel better - no sluggishness and no bad tummy
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Well it works for me and now that i have given up eating late i feel better - no sluggishness and no bad tummy

Good for you!

However, it does not change the fact that your statement on your homepage is just wrong.

"It's a proven fact that eating late makes you obese - yuck!!"

Nor does eating late make everyone ill or feel sluggish the next day.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Umm OP you stated in another thread that you don't eat after 9pm - "Except on a Saturday night"?

So how does that work then?
  • MetamorphicButterfly
    Options

Good for you!

However, it does not change the fact that your statement on your homepage is just wrong.

That is your opinion and u are entitled to it
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Good for you!

No, no it is not my opinion.

You are saying that everyone who eats late at night is obese - errr...nope.

Me not feeling sluggish or ill when I eat late is also not opinion.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Good for you!

But your opinion is based on a study that does not apply to the point you are trying to make.
    There's absolutely no scientific evidence that proves that eating after 8:30PM will make you gain.

It's almost 10 and I just had dinner. And I've lost consistently.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Those people who work night shift are gonna be really mad with this groundbreaking info. I eat at 8:31 everyday, not obese yet.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

Good for you!

Pointing out that your ridiculous claim that "it's a proven fact that eating late makes you obese" is wrong isn't an opinion. It's a fact. Perhaps the word doesn't mean what you thought it does.
  • MetamorphicButterfly
    Options

Umm OP you stated in another thread that you don't eat after 9pm - "Except on a Saturday night"?

Look at the dates - i have changed since then - bloody hell what is wrong with you people - we are supposed to be supporting each other in weight loss instead you are jumping down my throat.

I wish i hadnt bothered - i was only looking for support as i am struggling
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, how does your body know what time it is??
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

That's what I've been wondering the whole time.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Look at the dates - i have changed since then - bloody hell what is wrong with you people - we are supposed to be supporting each other in weight loss instead you are jumping down my throat.

I wish i hadnt bothered - i was only looking for support as i am struggling

The reason why people are disagreeing with you is because what you are portraying as a proven fact isn't one. And unfortunately a lot of new people then end up taking things like that on board as gospel.

If you are struggling that's fine - Quite a few of us do! If you need support with something specific such as grazing/binge eating/staying within your calorific goal for the day you would receive support with that.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    I eat anytime I want as long as I'm within my goal intakes, so NO THANKS.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Those people who work night shift are gonna be really mad with this groundbreaking info. I eat at 8:31 everyday, not obese yet.

The 43lbs I've lost must be water weight, because as a late shift worker I eat after 21:00 and just before bed.
    Also I've never recalled feeling sluggish on my early morning run the next day.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Biological clock. It's ticking.

biological-clock-my-cousin-vinny.gif
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

This is why I gained weight working night shifts last year. Had nothing to do with the fact that I ate too much and wasn't working out consistently.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i eat every night before bed to prevent tummy problems - i save enough calories for a bowl of unsweetened cereal and calcium fortified non-fat milk, and my tummy feels better. it might be the pizza was more the problem then just when it was eaten... and btw, i'm losing weight steadily.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_mintryOr2X1qz4rgp.gif
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_mintryOr2X1qz4rgp.gif

I love this gif. One of my favorite movies.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I don't think my body knows how to read a clock?

Anyway, I like to sleep on my tummy. If I eat right before I lay down, laying on my tummy feels icky. So I usually have my last bites about a half hour before I go to bed.

But that's about how *my* tummy feels physically, not about any idea of weight loss from it.