If you were forced to eat at Red Robin what would you get?

Options
12346»

Replies

• ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    So we ended up going tonight instead of tomorrow and I got the Ensenada chicken platter. Yum! Saved one of the pieces of chicken for lunch tomorrow.

And then hit up Tutti Frutti for some frozen yogurt.

:D
  • heppe
    heppe Posts: 1
    Options
    Some of these post are ridiculous. People come on here asking advice from fellow supporters to be told to eat what you want? No! The question was for a low carb high protein diet. I am a member of metabolic research center, and so far have lost 20# 24". My suggestion is to always do your own research and did through the nutritional pages, many found online, beforehand. If don't have time, skip all high carbs and fried foods,msg, and creamy dressings/sauces. Opt for grilled and steamed selections with fresh fruit as sides. Ask for no salt on grilled fish, it will have tons of taste without it. Hope this helps all.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Some of these post are ridiculous. People come on here asking advice from fellow supporters to be told to eat what you want? No! The question was for a low carb high protein diet. I am a member of metabolic research center, and so far have lost 20# 24". My suggestion is to always do your own research and did through the nutritional pages, many found online, beforehand. If don't have time, skip all high carbs and fried foods,msg, and creamy dressings/sauces. Opt for grilled and steamed selections with fresh fruit as sides. Ask for no salt on grilled fish, it will have tons of taste without it. Hope this helps all.

Strong first post, although I doubt your advice will be helpful for someone who ate this meal over a year ago.
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ha!
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat the 900 calorie salad
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I go there all the time, by choice! I get something with a Boca patty, hold the mayo, and have them lettuce-wrap it instead of using a bun. As long as I don't go too crazy with the bottomless fries, I can fit the whole meal into my calories easily. The sodium is pretty ridiculous, though. . . .
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    We recently went and planned our menu from their website. I got a burger with a gluten-free roll with a side fruit salad. Hubby got a BBQ chicken sandwich with broccoli on the side. Daughter got a Hawaiian chicken sandwich on a gluten-free roll with a side salad. We got diet soda to drink. It was pretty good!
  • homemadehippy
    homemadehippy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I second this. Never open the menu once you get there. Too many temptations.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    hummus plate
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This post made me hungry. I think I'll get the royal burger lettuce wrapped with bottomless broccoli and butter for lunch.. Yumm! Fits my macros perfectly!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    there is nothing good a red robin.. i'd chalk this up to a day of indulgence and get back to it tomorrow.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Just go to their website and find something that you can fit into your calories. It does look like it might make it an otherwise skimpy food day, but do your best. We can't all be perfect all the time!

http://www.redrobin.com/faq

Anywhere you go out to eat, especially when you know ahead of time, go to their menu online and figure out the game plan ahead of time. Otherwise always get salad with dressing on side (dip fork, then get the salad bite much less used) and eat some meat, not breaded and skip all or 1/2 the bun. Another perfect idea we use all the time now, immediately as in with the meal, ask for the to-go container (seriously make it clear you want it NOW) and put 1/2 your meal in it to take home... this way if it's so good that you "just one more bite" your way into eating it all, or get to talking and not notice your plate is almost empty in other words, no accidentally eating too much this way.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You can get any of the burgers in a lettuce wrap versus a bun as they cater to those with wheat and gluten allergies.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    when i went in January, i got the burnin' love burger with fries and my dad and i split an order of fried zucchini and mozzarella sticks with my dad, and still came out under 1900 calories for the day. Indulge a bit. It's a birthday.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

Strong first post, although I doubt your advice will be helpful for someone who ate this meal over a year ago.
    cm-49669-451176610d12d1.gif
    In for year-old threads.

And last time I went to Red Robin I had a burger and a beer. :drinker: They have good fish and chips, too. :bigsmile: