Juice cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The thing is that I can't exercise a lot because of health/ physical issues and weight loss is really slow so I'm trying to figure. Out a;few short cuts here and there
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    There are no shortcuts. Shortcuts always backfire.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The thing is that I can't exercise a lot because of health/ physical issues and weight loss is really slow so I'm trying to figure. Out a;few short cuts here and there
    There are no short cuts... You don't put on the weight overnight, you can't lose it overnight. If you want to keep the weight off, it means changing your habits. You can take it easy, there's no need to exercise. Just start counting everything you eat using this site (everything means also vegetables, fruits, drinks, cooking oil you use, spreads etc). It really works.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I did the 7 day juicing cleanse at 265lbs lost 20lbs in that 7 days drinking 6-8 16oz bottles of fruit and veggies , mostly green leafy's in my juicer. It deffinitly was a mental and physical challenge day 3 I was always cold due to my digestive system not running as hard as if there were solids in there. I stayed full with the 6-8 bottles a day. In the end my stomach shrunk which in turn has taught me to only eat when I'm hungry and reach my dailies and not just eat out of boredom. I'm now eating healthier and down 71 lbs. with daily exercise. A lot of good juicing recipes out there but KALE was not for me LOL, not my leafy green of choice LOL
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    What does Juice actually cleanse?

Very good question, but no answer seems to be forthcoming from the people that are extolling it's virtues!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Skip the cleanses and just go straight to the moderate calorie deficit and exercise portion. ;) your liver and kidneys do a perfect cleansing of your body. There's no kickstarting. Just the mental willpower to overcome

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses
    KmE27SP.gif
  • kbeatty1015
    Options
    There are no shortcuts. Shortcuts always backfire.
  • kbeatty1015
    Options
    I've been eating well for quite awhile, but I cannot physically exercise like I warn to because of extreme disability so I was trying another path, I know that shortcut was bad wording
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I felt more energetic due to cut in caffeine from my daily coffees fatty foods and occasional beer. Detox I guess if it means cutting out caffeine and all the fatty foods I was eating. To me it was just way to shift my bad eating habits and start fresh with a healthier life style. yes you can loose weight from a "Juice Cleanse" but its not permanent or healthy as your body needs the other macros.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I've been eating well for quite awhile, but I cannot physically exercise like I warn to because of extreme disability so I was trying another path, I know that shortcut was bad wording

What kind of disability? Maybe you could speak to your Dr about exercises you can do or maybe even google exercising with your disability.

FYI any movement will burn extra calories. Sure some of it will be minimal but something is better then nothing.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    What are you hoping to get out of this? You can lose weight without exercising. Weight loss comes from the kitchen, I only go to the gym so I can eat more food, drink more wine and strength train :) I would be so cranky only drinking juice all day
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    vodkacleanse_zpsbcec9fec.png