Piyo

Options
Because I'm so so excited for this program I decided to share with everyone. Piyo is officially available today! For those of you wondering what it is Piyo is Chalene Johnson's next project. If you like Turofire this will be right up your alley. " PiYos uses low-impact, high-intensity movements inspired by Pilates and yoga. PiYo will work every single muscle to stabilize, stretch, and strengthen every inch of a body. And since Chalene Johnson cranked up the speed and the fun, crazy calories will be burned too! "

Replies

• allyc_412
    allyc_412 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im super excited about this!

Are you a coach too?
  • Crzyangel
    Crzyangel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Only a discount coach really, but I couldn't keep this to myself lol.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    So psyched, I just ordered mine!
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My cousin in a BeachBody coach and is currently in Las Vegas doing this workout live with Chalene. So excited for her. She loves it! When she gets back home, she and I are trying it out!
  • ChrystalF
    ChrystalF Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it, so excited too :-)
  • rjdunn87
    Options
    I haven't gotten my confirmation email yet, I'm so anxious! I want to start ASAP.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting impatiently for PiYo, so I pounced on it yesterday afternoon and ordered immediately. I like Chalene, her music and her energy, and I know I'm going to like PiYo. The length of the workouts is perfect for me, too. Can't wait to get it!
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just marking, because this workout sounds right up my alley...hope to see you all posting fabulous results over the next few weeks!
  • SMontgomery82
    SMontgomery82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ordered mine this morning!!! Super excited for it to get here!!!
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ordered mine today! :)
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Re-labelled Yoga!
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ordered yesterday, but really aggravated that they sent through two different order numbers and charged me twice, ugh! I did NOT hit resubmit/double-click, etc... I don't know if it is because I went through a coach link, or what. At any rate...

Excited to try the program, though, as I like the idea of no jumping and hopping around. I haven't done much of either Pilates or yoga, so hoping the change in routine will jump-start my muscles :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Re-labelled Yoga!

Or BodyBalance without the tai chi.

Like the opposite of synergy. It's like the elements added together but ****. :laugh:

I know yoga teachers and pilates teachers who say the yoga and pilates elements in BodyBalance are awful. As a tai chi teacher, I can tell you the tai chi elements in BB are painful to watch.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I suppose I should say that I'd rather do BodyBalance than take a kick to the nutsack. So there you have it, my official line is: BodyBalance is better than a kick to the nutsack.
  • yogicarl
    Options
    I liken things like PiYO to be like drinking orange squash when you could have had real freshly squeezed Orange Juice - it looks like OJ, but why would you drink that when you have the real deal?

To make things worse, you're drinking the cheap squash but paying more than freshly squeezed OJ price for it!
  • rjdunn87
    Options
    I liken things like PiYO to be like drinking orange squash when you could have had real freshly squeezed Orange Juice - it looks like OJ, but why would you drink that when you have the real deal?

To make things worse, you're drinking the cheap squash but paying more than freshly squeezed OJ price for it!

I'm interested in why you say that--it isn't meant to be a "cheap" version of either yoga or pilates. It's inspired by those practices but is entirely its own thing. Chalene has actually said that her only regret about this program is the name she gave it.
  • yogicarl
    Options
    Why invent a fusion of two or more things when those things are available in their purity, taught by experienced teachers and charged at much lower prices? PiYo has to be a watered down version of pure forms and people are expected to pay high prices for something that already exists.

edit: using the same analogy, I would rather have a glass of freshly squeezed OJ than a juice INSPIRED by OJ. I know what's in it, it's been around longer and I enjoy it more and - in this case - its cheaper.
  • rjdunn87
    Options
    I guess I disagree with you that it already exists, though. If someone was looking for a yoga class or a pilates class, then yes, go take one of those things. This isn't that, though. It's taking elements from them and creating something completely different. I don't think your analogy stands up, really, aside from the financial thing.
  • yogicarl
    Options
    I respect your opinion and its fine to disagree. Good luck with you PiYo if you decide to go with it.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine a few days ago via my NYC friend's beachbody page. I'm an ashtanga yogini, t'ai chi chuan master instructor and martial artist, former professional ballerina, and

I get bored easily!

I love programs like this where I can turn off my brain and just do moves I love to do. Anyone putting down movement is just hating and obviously loves to not expand their horizons. But, those of us who love movement of all types... Let's get this party started!

:)

glad to be jumping in on the fun! Anyone on the piyo facebook page, or is that something just set up for beach body coaches' clients and friends?