Replies

• cyhwang
    cyhwang Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I just finished day 2 of the Insanity workout this morning too =D
  • Klpri827
    Klpri827 Posts: 4
    Options
    my insanity workout is in the mail and i need some present and/or future insanity people to help keep me motivated and on track!!! ADD ME!! :-)
  • Klpri827
    Klpri827 Posts: 4
    Options
    have you already started?? im hopefully getting mine in the mail on monday!!
  • Jessicabee510
    Jessicabee510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am on day 20 of INSANITY and if you are feeling discouraged just keep up the good work! Some days I don't feel like doing it, other days I'm excited but either way I always force myself, I haven't missed a workout.
    I took my measurements and have already lost inches and about 12 lbs (I also drastically changed my eating habits).
    Just thought I'd share my experience with you guys, and I'm still going :)
  • kayla_hughes94
    Options
    the insanity dvds because my mom bought it but couldn't handle it because of her medical condition, I have been thinking about starting it but im not good at "video" workouts. Anybody else have that problem that this is working out for?
  • NicoleMurfin
    NicoleMurfin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is this insanity that you are talking about? I need to do something to boost my weight loss!!
  • Jessicabee510
    Jessicabee510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Insanity workouts by Shaun T and beach body

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do?e=5b
  • czarifit
    czarifit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm done with my second week. I measure tomorrow. I am a little off the prescribed schedule because the first work out tweaked my lower back. Somehow it recovered in 2 days and I resumed. I am tracking calorie intake using myfitnesspal.com, my calorie burn using the BodyMedia bodybug. I'm trying to keep a calorie deficit of 750, but it's shaking out at 500 - which is fine still. I have all of these vitamins that I bought and am forcing myself to take so I dont' feel like that was a waste of money. I mean, I'm throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this and I'm content and happy with it all - somehow - still.

Like everyone says on here, everything hurt on my body. I pushed through, so YAY! I know that I am not going to be seeing results already like weight or measurement changes, but I feel stronger, more limber, and good so I am still motivated.

BUT - here is the new thing - my clothes are harder to put on! Like WTF?! Is stuff more dense and less squishy? ...I mean, there is the same amount of squish on my body.

I'm still pushing forward, but thoughts?

...it's just weird to me...
  • Audrey24HisSuccessStory
    Options
    I'm at work at the moment but I wanted to make sure that this group saves on "my topics" so I can come back to it later. :)
  • baldabroke
    Options
    I have just finished my first month of Insanity, and my muscles are still hurting is this normal?
  • CoachShaButta
    CoachShaButta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started today.....my ankles were burning like crazy. Anyone else starting today or this week?
  • realtonileigh
    Options
    Hey im due to start insanity in a couple of days when it arrives, does anybody fancy being my accoyntability partner as I struggle to stick with things alone?
  • breanneeee
    breanneeee Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Just wanted to comment! I finished Insanity!!! Still cannot believe I completed it! Wanted to share with you some of the things I went through! #1. The first week was the WORST! Not because of the workouts, but the soreness was almost unbearable! The second week was rough too, but not as bad as the first. I was so sore..it was unbelievable. I am a full time college student and it was rough for me to even walk... especially to class and sit down. It was bad. I remember almost crying at night. My coach told me to soak in a bath tub in Epson salt. I found some at my local CVS for $2. It helped. It WILL go away just give it time. After the second week I would still get sore, but nothing compared to that first week! My coach also told me to buy glutamine...it is in the vitamin section at Walmart. Glutamine is also in spinach...it helps soreness. Just stick with it!! Also!!! I read some comments about not eating even 1200 calories. I did this also. And let me tell you... it hurts you in the end! I wish someone would have explained to me how IMPORTANT It is to eat the amount of calories you should be eating!!! I lost 5 pounds with insanity and 3 inches around my waist and an inch around my hips. I'm disappointed with the results, but I did drop a size. I talked to many fitness members and they told me the number one reason I did not get the results I wanted is because I ate WAY UNDER MY CALORIE GOAL. In your insanity book it shows you how to calculate how many calories you should be eating!!! DO IT!! I should have been eating 1700 and instead ate around 1250 to 1300 because I thought I would get fast results...but Wrong. It made it harder for me to loose weight. Someone explained to me are bodies need fuel to burn off the fat...without it will lead to starvation mode and you won't be able to burn off the calories anymore. I am redoing insanity now and this time following my calorie goal and hoping for better results!!! Hope this helps!!! :)
  • kwyze
    kwyze Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump - I just started week 3 insanity this week :)
  • RebeccaLennox17
    Options
    Hi, I am in week 4 and I definitely know what you mean about swollen. At first, it felt like my whole body was swollen
  • PrimoSupreme
    Options
    just ended my recovery week today xD first time doing insanity and my legs are still sore as hell im scared of the max interval circuit it looks nuts @_@. took a peek at it and was like no f**ken way i can do that with my sore muscles let alone the positions with my belly ><.no wonder ppl say they curse allot when they do the max interval circuit lol its insane!
  • Luvable84girl
    Options
    I am a 29yo stay at home mom. I left my sedentary career after the birth of my child 7 months ago. I have been pretty sedentary at home too. I broke my back several years ago, and I just thought I would never be able to workout the same again. The mentality and pain I was left with kept me in a rut. Now at 5'2" and 179lbs, I am DONE with excuses. I ordered Insanity (through Amazon, so I won't be able to get the shirt). I should get it on Friday. I will be starting my journey then. Do you all find it best to work out in the AM or PM? I've been doing Hip Hop Abs this last week. I hear it's a walk in the park compared to Insanity, but I wanted to get my heart rate used to it before I get started. I'm glad I can get support on here.
  • lilianaturcanu
    lilianaturcanu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just started insanity and i have a question: should i take protein poder if i want to loose weight? Or it will stop the weight loss...and how good is shakology???...i defenitly need some support!
  • basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of Insanity. I love it and I hate it. I lost 2 lbs and 4.375 inches after my first week (2 whole inches around my waist in 1 week!!!). I was hoping to lose more weight but am thrilled with the inches loss (plus I am on my period so I bet I really lost more than 2lbs and will see it next week). If anyone wants some support feel free to add me. I am following the meal plan as close as I can and log my food religiously.