Breakfast cereals?

Options

Replies

• QueenCat135
    QueenCat135 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Frosted Mini Wheats with Skim Milk. Yum.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you're in the UK or not, or whether they sell these overseas, but Weetabix or Oatibix work for me, plus its easy to portion them out as its just 2 biscuits per serving. I add nuts, berries and skimmed milk for a tasty and filling breakfast.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bran!

Tastes so good with a banana
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    all bran for me
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great Grains is filling
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    You don't need breakfast for "fuel."

No you don't, but eating it does not adversely affect weight loss either like you believe
    Don't know if you're in the UK or not, or whether they sell these overseas, but Weetabix or Oatibix work for me, plus its easy to portion them out as its just 2 biscuits per serving. I add nuts, berries and skimmed milk for a tasty and filling breakfast.

Shredded wheat is the closest US version.

I am a big fan of plain oatmeal for filling me up, keeping me from getting hungry, and avoiding a mid morning crash. I do 1/2 c. oats, 1 c. water, microwave 2 minutes, and sweeten a little with Splenda.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein cereal. Tastes like an adult version of frosted flakes but not as frosty (the sugar content of this cereal isn't too bad).
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

The body has plenty.

If you are trying to lose weight, you DO need to get used to living with an empty stomach.

Skipping breakfast is a good way to begin.

More and more, it is becoming apparent that the stomach itself plays a large role in the obesity epidemic. The neurologic set-up of the stomach is like a small brain. If we continuously assault it with food, it wreaks havoc with out hunger and satiety set-points.
    you are def not making any sense........I can eat all my calories for breakfast or I can eat them all for lunch, or dinner or snack........a cal is a cal is a cal.

So if I'm not binging at another meal....I can eat it whenever I want........and I wake up and look forward to a good protein filled breakfast.

I've lost over 150lbs.....and yes I enjoy breakfast.

Your stomach is not a fuel tank. It is a "pre-fuel" tank.

The real fuel is ATP, which can be made from stored fat and glycogen.

Most people can water-fast for THREE WEEKS at least and have all the ATP they need to function.

What you eat today is not needed to supply your energy needs for the day- though your body will preferentially metabolize your ingested carbohydrates first.

Glucose levels? Maintained by the process of gluconeogenisis.

Have a weight problem? You should NEVER eat breakfast.

Do some reading.

"Breakfast: The Least Important Meal of the Day"

But... but... I read this other book that says if you skip breakfast you'll be fat forever! OH MY GOD WHICH BOOK DO I BELIEVE?!

OP, breakfast cereal is my favorite lazy go-to meal. I eat a double portion with whole milk. And chocolate syrup. My favorite high fiber one is Cracklin' Oat Bran, but my family won't let me eat it because it makes me poot.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    *snipped because Blah, blah, blah*

Go ahead and keep farking that chicken, You might actually convince a couple of gullible people. Most know enough to know that there is nothing wrong with eating breakfast, just like there is nothing wrong with not eating breakfast. Whatever trips your trigger. .
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I find oatmeal stays with me longer than any dry cereal but Cheerios (the original kind) is my favourite.
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    oatmeal w/blueberries, walnuts and banana.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

The body has plenty.

If you are trying to lose weight, you DO need to get used to living with an empty stomach.

More and more, it is becoming apparent that the stomach itself plays a large role in the obesity epidemic. The neurologic set-up of the stomach is like a small brain. If we continuously assault it with food, it wreaks havoc with out hunger and satiety set-points.

Why on earth would anyone need to learn to live with an empty stomach. Learn to chose appropriate portion sizes, sure. Chose nutrients more wisely, yes. But to literally chose to ignore an empty stomach and stay hungry? There's no need for that. The best way to learn to not overeat is to heed your body's hunger and satiety signals.

Also, breakfast is an enjoyable and peaceful way for many people to transition into their busy day.

If you chose to eat breakfast, the only thing you need to do is pay attention to the calories you're choosing to eat for lunch and dinner and snacks, and make sure your numbers stay within your goal range.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Post Great Grains --- lots of fiber, lots of protein.
    Kashi Go Lean --- lots of fiber, lots of protein.
    Barbara's Bakery Multigrain Spoonfuls --- low carb, high fiber (tastes like Life Cereal)
    Nature's Path Heritage Flakes --- low carb, high fiber
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

The body has plenty.

you are def not making any sense........I can eat all my calories for breakfast or I can eat them all for lunch, or dinner or snack........a cal is a cal is a cal.

So if I'm not binging at another meal....I can eat it whenever I want........and I wake up and look forward to a good protein filled breakfast.

I've lost over 150lbs.....and yes I enjoy breakfast.

Your stomach is not a fuel tank. It is a "pre-fuel" tank.

The real fuel is ATP, which can be made from stored fat and glycogen.

Most people can water-fast for THREE WEEKS at least and have all the ATP they need to function.

What you eat today is not needed to supply your energy needs for the day- though your body will preferentially metabolize your ingested carbohydrates first.

Glucose levels? Maintained by the process of gluconeogenisis.

Have a weight problem? You should NEVER eat breakfast.

Do some reading.

I used to have a weight problem. I don't any more. I ate breakfast every single day. With your argument, that should not have worked, yet it did. Hmmmm.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I buy plain oats, soak them in boiled water for at least an hour, then microwave for one minute, stir in a scoop of vanilla protein powder and add some berries or cinnamon. Keeps me full for hours.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I like Raisin Bran. It is not the best calorie to fiber ratio but it tastes good and I like to spread out my fiber intake to other meals.

Eat breakfast if and when you like. You can maintain a successful diet as long as you manage your calories and nutrients intake whether you choose to eat breakfast or not.
  • CassieJohnson68
    Options
    taste good with cherries or other fruits :)
  • candyfliss1985
    Options
    Weatabix or Wheat Biscuits (own brand version :) )