• DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    What the **** is wrong with this planet

The gene pool
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this app which is kind of embarrassing because my boyfriend kept advising me to join. When a dr tells you to join an app, it's a good idea to listen lol. Anyway, my own dr recently suggested that I try an 800 cal per day diet along with HGH / Vitamin B-12 injections to lose weight. (I am 5'6" tall, size 6 or 8 jeans but too scared to get on a scale, so don't know my weight.) Has anyone had any experience with this combination? If so, how fast did you see the weight come off?

So is your boy friend also a doctor? Is he your doctor? Are they both recommending that you use MFP? Did your doctor not weigh you before he recommended HCG? How much weight do you think you need to lose?

Lots of questions - but your post is confusing.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options

The average IQ is too low.

Even doctor's IQs it appears...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    facepalm.gif
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    facepalm.gif

YUP...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No No No No No... Hell No...

This is beyond ridiculous and dangerous advice. You need to break up with both of your so-called doctors.
  • lindam4
    lindam4 Posts: 10
    Options
    800 calories in COMBINATION with HGH injections is a standard recommendation for morbidly obese people. Good doctors won't put someone on it that has a normal 30 pounds to lose because the risks outweigh the benefits. Not all risks are known yet but one risk is polycystic ovarian cancer. The reason for the low calories is because HGH simulates pregnancy mode where the body will go into fat burning mode in order to protect the body and baby from starvation. You get all the needed calories from the fat plus the vitamins and 800 cals. you consume.

Yes it works. I had a close friend who was about 5'5 and 170 get down to 110 in 4 months, size 16 to a 2. Other appetite suppressants in pill form and heavy vitamins were also part of the protocol as well as 15 minutes of exercise on a Nordic tracker which became 30 minutes. She never lacked for energy and I was with her 3-5 days a week. This was an expensive endeavor, probably $800 minimum to start and weekly check-ins there was probably a fee. She lost several pounds a week and even in a plateau week lost about a half a pound.

Fast forward 3 years later, she has gained all the weight back. It may have taught her how to exercise but it did not teach her how to eat without drugs.

Recommendations to use MFP and not drop your calories below what the scooby caluclator says and track your food and follow a Macros regimen, and get regular moderate exercise, were spot on and will do more for you long term, meaning no yoyo dieting.There is some pride factor in knowing you did it yourself that sticks with you.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I think some therapy would benefit you.

That and some free weights and enough food to sustain you.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What kind of doctors are these guys? Are they by any chance selling the drug they want you on?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I am starting to think how many bad doctors are out there; then again, I know many doctors and can think of 0 docs which would recommend this to a patient. Now, are there patients out there who 'want' to try something like this? Hmmmm. . . . .so yes, OP, seek therapy first. Best of luck.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'd be finding a new doctor and a new bf. They both sound like they are VERY bad for you...

Though I cannot honestly believe that an actual PCP would recommend you lose weight. I can believe if you went to a weight loss clinic that MD recommending that you do, because that's what they do, profit off of people who come to try to lose weight quick.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why has your doctor recommended that?

^this

At the risk of that awkward situation where random guy on internet is contradicting your presumably *real* doctor, I am astounded at his suggestion.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this app which is kind of embarrassing because my boyfriend kept advising me to join. When a dr tells you to join an app, it's a good idea to listen lol. Anyway, my own dr recently suggested that I try an 800 cal per day diet along with HGH / Vitamin B-12 injections to lose weight. (I am 5'6" tall, size 6 or 8 jeans but too scared to get on a scale, so don't know my weight.) Has anyone had any experience with this combination? If so, how fast did you see the weight come off?

WHAT!? I'm 5'-6" and size 8 - 10 pant and I'm in a healthy BMI! What on earth is going on here?

Why. Just. Why.
  • eliseangell2014
    eliseangell2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Agree! I have never heard of someone eating only 800 calories. I would bet you don't need to lose that much.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Why?

SELF VALIDATION.

The OP is looking for people to tell her, oh you're so beautiful just the way you are, don't lose weight, you don't need to lose weight. She is looking to hear . . or rather, read, these things.

I don't know of any doctors (and I've been to a few about my weight loss and nutrition) that have ever once suggested something this dramatic. To me, it's trolling for comments like these.

If she needs help, I am all for it and I totally support speaking to professionals and figuring out what's best for her but almost all of the replies concur that 800 calories is too low. Now if people who have lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off, are healthy individuals and have research these topics so they know what they're talking about say it's too low than common sense would say, it's too low.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Was this before or after your doctor was testifying to Congress last week?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever been to see their doctor when they didn't weigh you? And this is for non-obesity/weight loss visits. I can't imagine a doctor prescribing this approach without having weighed the patient. Something isn't adding up here at all.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options

X1000
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    The last time I told a doctor that I wanted to lose 20ibs, she asked me to strip and was touching me all over. I called my sis (who was a doctor in training at the time...) to ask if the doctor was interested in me... She said, "no... Shes just interested to see if you are on drugs... Checking for needle marks." Lol... True story.