How much weight did you lose your first week on MFP?

Options

Replies

• confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Don't think I weighed till about the 3rd week in so I dunno.:smile:
  • DAMECHOCOLATE79
    DAMECHOCOLATE79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    don't conpare u'r self to others we are all difrent and the weight can flactuate don't get discourage little by little i am learning how to eat better i exercise alot but i can stop eating wich is why am also keeping track and traying to stay in check so just take it easy keep at it and do what you can but dont give up
  • lisalise10
    lisalise10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I lost 2lbs my first week (last week) I did 3 workouts. I am struggling a bit with hunger this week but have managed to stay on track so far..
    I am on the 1200 calorie allowance but my workouts add about 300 extra calories which is nice.

It takes me ages to lose a few pounds so I am happy with the progress this week.

Dont get discouraged, you will get there.
  • nikki7805
    Options
    I lost 12.2 lbs my first week, but i'm a big girl and have a lot to lose, so i figure that's why. When i was dieting 4 years ago it seemed to come off easily as long as i worked at it. Based on MFP, my daily calories should be about 1400. I am doing WW on my own (which is what worked for me before) and also doing Zumba. Good Luck! :happy:
  • urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11, I get 1400 calories a day. I lost two pounds the first time I started MFP. Then I took a break and when I started again I gained two-ish pounds but there were other circumstances surrounding that gain. I do work out, I try to burn 300-400 calories a day. I lost 30 pounds before MFP and found that if I burn more then 300-400 I gain more often then lose because I have trouble eating enough calories.
  • princess_f
    Options
    2lbs for me
  • rjulian20
    Options
    i dropped 6 lbs the first week before joining MFP & my first week on MFP...i've lost 1.5 lbs (which is my weekly goal anyway)....i eat between 1200 and 1300 calories/day, high protein, low fat & i'm not paying too much attention to carbs right now. i have been doing light cardio 5 days/week for about 20-30 minutes which includes pilates and playing wii fit. i'm giving myself a few weeks to adjust to exercising & then i'm gonna hit cardio hard. my biggest problems are my chest and stomach which cardio needs to come before strengthening because i'm not trying to build muscle OVER my fat! good luck with your goals!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I lost about 3.5 pounds but drinking the water really helps. Be fair to yourself and give it two or even three weeks. You are going to be so glad that you did. Good luck!!!
  • fitmom125
    Options
    To my surprise I lost about 2 lbs the first week at 1200. I started excercising the second week.
  • emocookiex
    Options
    I just got it and started recording my weight 4 days ago. So far I've been losing a 1/2 pound a day. I'm at 148 but want to be 130. I'm not overweight but I am fairly tall (5'8). I consume under 700 calories daily and so far so good.
  • dougb_okc
    Options
    Hi, I lost 5 lbs in the first week. No more cheese enchiladas and lots of water : -)
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started MFP a little over a week ago, but I've only lost 1 lb. It's a depressing start, but better than nothing I suppose.
  • ncorkett
    ncorkett Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I lost 3.1lbs my first week. It averages to 1lb a week since then.
  • SaraSwanson25
    Options
    I just finished my first week and weighed in this morning and I gained a pound. Very frustrated!! The whole week, except for one day, I was well under my allotted calories of 1370. And that one day was due to a big family meal, but I was still only over by about 100. I exercised 6 days this week averaging 300 calories from walking and circuit training. Gaining a pound when I was suppose to lose one was not how all this hard work was supposed to go. I just don't know what more to do.
  • typeaimages
    typeaimages Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been here for 5 days and lost 3 lbs so far.
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    After my first week, I actually gained 4 oz. I was so dissappointed but I told myself that I'm here for the longhaul & I have just kept truckin' on...
    Don't get discouraged if you don't lose or by chance gain...it all comes off in the end if you put your all into becoming healthier.
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Only been on a week...lost 2 pounds the first week on 1500 cals to lose a pound per week. I try to exercise at least 30 minutes 5 days a week, but think I only made 4 last week. I'm 5'5 and 176.

I'll be interested to see what Friday says (weigh in day) 'cuz I'm STARVING!!!! LOL
  • holkeo
    holkeo Posts: 34
    Options
    Hey guys

I haven't lost a single pound and in week 4.

I exercise 5-6 times a week and eating 1300 calories.

Disheartening.

It's been much easier to loose in the past but not this time?

Tips?
  • FattieBeGone
    FattieBeGone Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This past week has been my first week. I lost 5lbs. I know though that the fist week is usually a big loss for most and mext week I'm hoping for 1 or maybe 2 lbs if I can get some good exercise in. I personally think that it takes your body a few weeks to adjust and that after 3 or 4 weeks you get the hang of what works best for you.
  • OneLife2Love
    Options
    I agree with everyone. This is my second week with the fitness plan and I've notice it's gotten way harder.. Haha because my first week(last week) I lost 4.2 lbs! And I remember how enthused I was and I was like yes this is goin to be soooo easy, psshhttt yeah right I gotta a wake up cal cause the scale hasnt budged an inch:grumble:

But thats okay because I am trying harder! Keeping my head held high:) Because I'll get to my goal in may not be by the summer Like im hoping, but like I said it's still okay!!:wink:

3542710.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!