8-1200 Cal/Day

Options

Replies

• mspianomistress
    Options
    It sounds to me like your reasons for wanting to lose weight are very unhealthy. Please do not continue on this path. Skinny is not necessarily healthy, and starving yourself to get thin can lead to very bad long-term health effects.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    A doctor advised you to go as low as 800? 1200 is the safe minimum for weight loss, and even then thats kinda starving yourself. Sounds like you're already healthy anyways. If anything, I wouldnt go as low as 1200.

Hm. My RD recommended that too. I, though, am morbidly obese right now. I do wholeheartedly agree that this is bad for normal people.
  • photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dump your doc and boyfriend! Seriously, run away very fast!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Surely this can't be right... Crazy talk.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Sounds like BS.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i dont know what dr would suggest this, at your size you dont need to lose weight at all!
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm...this whole thing seems fishy!
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Get a new boyfriend and Doctor!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever been to see their doctor when they didn't weigh you? And this is for non-obesity/weight loss visits. I can't imagine a doctor prescribing this approach without having weighed the patient. Something isn't adding up here at all.

I haven't been weighed by a doctor since I gave birth 21 years ago. They just write down what I tell them, if they bother to ask at all.

I agree with the people suggesting you lose both doctors.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It's Monday and you were bored at work? :ohwell:
  • MysteriousDreamer
    MysteriousDreamer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ignore the advice. That is crazy.

Completely agree. Yo u need to report him, that advice is dangerous.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this app which is kind of embarrassing because my boyfriend kept advising me to join. When a dr tells you to join an app, it's a good idea to listen lol. Anyway, my own dr recently suggested that I try an 800 cal per day diet along with HGH / Vitamin B-12 injections to lose weight. (I am 5'6" tall, size 6 or 8 jeans but too scared to get on a scale, so don't know my weight.) Has anyone had any experience with this combination? If so, how fast did you see the weight come off?

IF OP is for real, I can't help but wonder if there are eating disordered behaviors involved that the doctor is aware of that she would either not be weighed at all or weighed in a way that OP wouldn't be able to see (I have seen this done with a friend of mine). Along the same line, doc may have said one thing and another thing entirely was heard, though not sure about the weight loss drugs. It doesn't add up, but to give the benefit of the doubt, please see a therapist OP.
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I ' m sure I shouldn't encourage you, but I'm curious if you've lost any weight yet and how much
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    40 yrs old and you are a size 6. That is something to celebrate! I wouldn't. Change a thing. I can't think of a Dr that would recommend that unless they were the ones pushing it for sales.
  • HoleeMoses
    Options
    From an old guy, who no one ever offered HGH too, the only way to do it is to cut calories and increase exercise. My 16 yo cat is hyperthyroid and gets medicine to gain weight. Why hasn't anyone offered the opposite? Because it's dangerous. Get a second opinion.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing we don't know the whole story. I find it unlikely that a DR would ever recommend that no matter how bad the Doctor is.

So much this.

Doctors - even bad ones - go through extreme lengths to avoid lawsuits. Including doing blood work even when it's probably not needed just in case it is needed (there's a very small chance that it is in most cases).

I can attest to them doing that, too. When i went to the hospital, they thought I just had the flu. The doctor explained the above, and that it was a good thing they did - as I was one of those rare cases, and had gallbladder disease.

Knowing that doctors don't like lawsuits, I honestly do not believe this post. At all. Perhaps her bf is the 'doctor'.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this app which is kind of embarrassing because my boyfriend kept advising me to join. When a dr tells you to join an app, it's a good idea to listen lol. Anyway, my own dr recently suggested that I try an 800 cal per day diet along with HGH / Vitamin B-12 injections to lose weight. (I am 5'6" tall, size 6 or 8 jeans but too scared to get on a scale, so don't know my weight.) Has anyone had any experience with this combination? If so, how fast did you see the weight come off?

Is this a medical doctor? I'm a medical professional and advise my patients to avoid these types of diets due to potential of complications and also the high failure rate. Less in and more out is a better plan (I recommend MFP to all my patients who want to lose to help log and help motivate to reach their goals). The other thing I don't get is that based on what you have told are your stats you are not overweight (we are the same size). Maybe you just need to tone?
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    Get a new doctor. Your a healthy size and he is telling you to starve and take shots to lose weight you don't need to lose. **** that guy. I can't see a legit medical professional doing this.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    OP: Get a new doctor along with the boyfriend, they are both nuttier then a fruit cake!! Craziness!! :grumble:
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Here, any one can go pay 100-200$ and have a "doctor" to tell them to eat 5-800 calories and give them shots and diet pills.
    The "better" places only do it only if you're obese.