Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Fried in bacon grease.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    :laugh: ......IN A BUCKET!!!!!......oh...sorry, I thought we were quoting from Monty Python films!!!!!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a bad way to eat an egg - although I don't really like cooked yolks. Poached is my current favourite way of eating them.

An egg, cooked with a runny yolk on toast is maybe the best breakfast there is!
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    POACHED!!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Fried in bacon grease.
    Heck yeah! That's how I usually cook mine, but if I don't have any bacon grease, I use coconut oil. Toast and black coffee on the side. :bigsmile:

tumblr_m4x1j2ygGg1r3pdvio1_400.gif
  • Phoenix150
    Phoenix150 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Omelet:

2 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    Mushrooms
    Spinach leaves
    1 oz sharp cheddar or feta cheese

this but scrambled and 1 whole egg and 3 tbls egg whites and hot sauce
  • Chillll
    Chillll Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Over-easy.

But, I always have hard-boiled in the fridge. Always simple to slip a couple in your pocket on the way out the door or if you just don't feel like cooking.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    DUCK eggs! I won't eat chicken eggs at all from April 1 to the last of October, when the ducks are laying. NO comparison... duck eggs have richer flavor, are wonderful for baking and making quiche, make breads and cakes rise higher and fluffier, are great hard boiled....
  • tiggersmum
    tiggersmum Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    chocolate :happy:

Sorry but I couldn't resist.....I love my eggs scrambled....I have 2 eggs and pineapple with a dash of milk scrambled for breakfast when I start work early....It keeps me going well into the day and I don't get hungry and raid bakers delight for a cheesymite scroll....
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    http://damndelicious.net/2013/11/11/italian-baked-eggs/

IMG_6273edit.jpg

INGREDIENTS
    1 cup marinara sauce
    4 large eggs
    1/4 cup fat free or lowfat milk
    1/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade

INSTRUCTIONS
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil two 10-ounce ramekins or coat with nonstick spray.
    Divide marinara sauce evenly into the ramekins. Top with eggs, milk, gruyere and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
    Place into oven and bake until egg whites are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
    Serve immediately, garnished with basil leaves, if desired.
  • RobertHButler
    Options
    1/4 cup liquid egg whites; when stiff a slice of american cheese and fold over. turn off heat and cover for a minute. Eat-um up, yum.
  • bolesbe
    bolesbe Posts: 212
    Options
    Whites only. Fried
  • JLoescher01
    JLoescher01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh, I frequently think / every now and then / of the glorious fruit / of the noble hen / Eggs, eggs, E, double-G, S-eggs / My knowledge of eggs / is tremendously wide / I've eaten them boiled, / I've eaten them fried / Poached and shirred / and deviled and scrambled / Hummeled, shmummeled, / cuddled, and frammeled / I've eaten them beaten / and swizzled and swuzzled / Frizzled, cadizzled, bamboozled, and fuzzled / I know every way / that an egg can be guzzled / And thinking of eggs / reminds me of Sam / Whose favorite dish / Is green eggs and ham.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Scrambled. A cup of veggies (any veggies work for me. zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, yellow squash, bell peppers, the possibilities are endless...), a half a handful of shredded cheese, and just a bit of milk. The milk makes them come out really fluffy. Actually, I'm told I make really fluffy scrambled eggs period. People love my eggs. No secret. Just milk and beating them just right with the fork.

Poached isn't bad. But it's tricky.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I put a dab of butter in a nonstick pan and crack an egg into the pan, making sure not to break the yolk. Then I put insane amounts of lemon pepper, paprika and parsley on the egg. After letting it fry a little bit more, I put a tablespoon of water into the pan and quickly cover it. Cook to whatever consistency you like.

But my favorite way is to do eggs and breadcrumbs ala Zuni Cafe: http://www.alexandracooks.com/2009/03/06/zuni-cafes-fried-eggs-in-bread-crumbs/
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Sunny side up in a one-egg pan, with herbs de provence and a little garlic, sprinkled with a half serving of goat cheese, then placed on a sandwich thin bun with Canadian bacon. The pan makes the egg come out perfectly round and just the right size for the bun.

ETA: even better if I have a few leaves of fresh basil and a slice of tomato.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites topped with at least a half a cup of hot sauce! YUMM. I love hot sauce.

Scrambled egg whites in a whole wheat wrap with lots of spinach, pepper, and just a bit of light mayo for flavor.

Hard Boiled egg whites with mustard- if I have calories left then I will add half a yolk or so into the mix.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I love eggs any and every way possible. Hard boiled, sunny side up with some toast, eggs a la goldenrod (google it), omelets, scrambled. Love eggs!
  • lockeddoor
    lockeddoor Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat them fried because that's fast and easy (I like mine cooked all the way through, over hard)

But I love deviled eggs, and love hardboiled eggs in my salad (I just never remember to hard boil some eggs ahead of time).

I also like eggs raw. It's totally a cultural thing (I'm not originally American), but I love a bowl of rice with soy sauce and a raw egg cracked over the top, and then mixed right in. Sounds totally gross, but I love it.

And I like raw quail eggs on top of my sushi. I judge sushi joints by whether or not this is an option.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Omelets! Two eggs, spinach, squash, salsa or hot sauce, feta or asiago, sliced green peppers. Sometimes I throw in leftover chicken from dinner. Nomnomnom. We have bagels this morning so ill probably make a bacon egg and cheese sandwich this time :)