What is your favorite food

Options
ruthejp13
ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
What is your favorite healthy food that you eat all the time?
What is your favorite food that you reserve only as a special treat?
What food did you have to completely give up?

My answers are:
Chocolate (without sugar)
Chocolate with sugar
Little Debbie Swiss Rolls

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I don't really see foods this way. I meet my nutritional needs with things I enjoy. That's all the foods in my diary

I don't have special treats or I do and it's every night, typically ice cream

Nothing
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    -My favorite "healthy" food that I eat almost every day is probably steamed broccoli. I just have a sort of love affair with broccoli, and I feel like it goes with almost any meal. I also love pizza and eat it pretty frequently (at least once a week). Not sure if that qualifies as "healthy", but it usually fits my macros pretty well. I often eat pizza and broccoli together! But I never put broccoli ON my pizza. That combo just doesn't work for me.

- I don't really reserve anything as a special treat, but I guess one food I really like but rarely eat is pancakes. I typically choose a protein-heavy breakfast over a super carby one because protein keeps me satisfied longer. But every once in awhile I get a craving for pancakes that I have to indulge, and I always eat them with 100% real maple syrup, because yum. The imitation/artificial stuff just isn't the same.

- I really haven't given anything up. Nothing is off limits. I just prioritize my nutrition, and if there's something I really want, I eat a moderate portion of it. :smile:
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Steak, ribs, and sushi..,
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love breads. Especially those with fillings. Actually, any pastry. They are my trigger foods but I still eat them. I just have to boost my willpower to stop after a serving or two.
  • thyella
    thyella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    oh you mean before :noway:
    Breyers rocky road ice cream
    an occasional double double with cheese from in and out (always had a hard fast rule against take out)
    Now it is the bunless cheese burger with onion and spinach leaf and the large cobb salad served at Sauces on trivia night.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Vegan cinnamon rolls from Vegan Essentials!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Fav healthy food, probably eggs

And nachos are my all-time favorite food.

I'll never give anything up unless I have a medical reason to.
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My favorite food right now is old-fashioned oats with a lot of cinnamon and some diced apples. Warm, sweet, smooth, with a little crunch. So, so yum :)
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    oh you mean before :noway:

No, after dieting. My diet includes chocolate every day. Chocolate is healthy. It’s got antioxidants, iron and fiber.
    Where is chocolate derived from? Cocoa beans – did you hear that – beans. Beans the magical fruit. Beans are a healthy source of protein. Beans burn belly fat.

"At no other time has Nature concentrated such a wealth of valuable nourishment into such a small space as in the cocoa bean." ~Alexander von Humboldt 1769-1859
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Rice, I loved it before and I love it now. It fits in my calorie budget and I can do nearly anything with it.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Oh I have a lot of favorites. Right now, I guess....

Fav: Salted salmon with rice.
    Treats: Ube pandesal; any bakery stuff with ube in it!!
    I have given up... nothing. I can eat anything I want. =)
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Favorite healthy meal: Eggs with spinach, mushrooms and cheese every morning
    Treats: Hmm. Guacamole maybe. Or something like zoodles. I eat keto so those things are kind of high carb for me.
    Gave up: So much, but it's for the better. Bread and pasta were the big 2, but I really miss spicy tuna sushi.
  • MichaelVRenner
    MichaelVRenner Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Foods I try to avoid as I can't control myself:

Pizza
    Cheesecake
    Doritos

They've been replaces with:

Home made flat bread pizza
    Variety of yogurts
    Popcorn

Oh, and I love parsnips.

????
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt is my favorite healthy food that I eat everyday
    alcohol is my favorite nonhealthy food that I had to cut way back on
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite healthy food that you eat all the time? eggs, carrots, and lately cantaloupe

What is your favorite food that you reserve only as a special treat? donuts/brownies

What food did you have to completely give up? I haven't totally given up anything, but I'd say Chick-Fil-A and a few specific Chinese takeout entrees (the sodium's just not worth it to me)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Rare beefsteak ( as often as possible)
    Lobster ( absolutely love it, but not often because of the expense)
    I give up nothing, just use some sense. Chocolate every day is a must.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Favorite Healthy Food - Greek Yogurt and Raspberries

Special Treat Foods - Baked goods, such as cake, cookies, donuts, brownies, pie, pastries etc.. (especially cheesecake). Ice cream, full-size candy bars, wine, hard liquor, salt & vinegar chips and deep fried foods (onion rings, chicken, fish, breaded mushrooms, shrimp, etc.)

The only 'food' I've completely eliminated from my diet is regular soda. It's one of the reasons I gained so much weight. I love it, but I 'thought' I couldn't control myself with it. It's been almost a year now since I've had a full can/bottle of RC cola (my previous addiction). I tried a swallow of Hubby's a few months ago and it's way too sweet for me now. I prefer Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry these days and have one (occasionally two) every day.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My favorite food right now is bulgogi. I haven't given up any foods just eat in moderation. Its hard for me to control myself around rice so I don't have it in the house as much as I used to.
  • ferasaldarmi
    ferasaldarmi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Favorite healthy food is a simple salad of tomatos cucumbers and shredded lettuce.
    Reserved food is usually dates, I love dates especially majdool.
    Special treat is pizza that I bake myself. Bread and selective cheese as well.
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Triscuits and Extra sharp cheddar cheese